ISA-ATX Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ryan Asher

"BEST JOB OPPORTUNITY I'VE EVER HAD!!!"

Former Employee - Business Partner in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Business Partner in Dallas, TX

I worked at ISA-ATX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I began working with Rich in 2012 when I was just a recent college grad looking for an opportunity to start my career. He saw something in me that no one else did. He gave me a shot even though I did not have any "real world" work experience. During my time with Rich I learned valuable skills that not only taught me how to run a successful business but how to thinking successfully in life. I thank Rich and the entire ISA-ATX team for helping me become a better person!

Cons

I would not say there are cons to working here but I would say that if you have ever wanted a challenge for yourself, if you have ever wanted something different for your life, this is the place I recommend you start.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I attribute where I am today from all the things you taught me along the way. Thanks again TEAM!

"Scam"

I worked at ISA-ATX full-time

Pros

Good sales training. You can really Learn how to sell through the program.

Cons

The ownership thing is a joke. Only a few people can really make money as an owner. No life work balance.

Advice to Management

Stop selling the pipe dream. The training was good but no one makes money in this business.

"Lies"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at ISA-ATX (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who I worked with were quite good people. Aside from that, there are no benefits to speak of.

Cons

The hours were beyond horrible. Six days a week, eight to ten hours a day, start in the afternoon and end in the evening...You can forget about spending time with people you care about outside of work. If you have friends or family, or any obligation to other people, this job is not for you.

The pay was BAD. It was barely better than minimum wage.

My manager was a liar. I asked him for earlier hours (start in the morning, end in the early evening) soon after I was hired. He said he would oblige after I completed training, but he never did.

They will tell you that their technique works. That is a lie. I got too many rejections to believe that.

Furthermore, the moment you stumble and fail to meet quota, they will cast you out like a used Kleenex. No second chances, no opportunity to reevaluate you and see what you're doing wrong: one slip, and you're out of there.

Working conditions were terrible. You will stand in a Sam's Club/WalMart for 8 hours a day, pitching customers who don't want to deal with you and won't give you the time of day. You will be lucky if you bring ANYONE back to the table.

The experience was so bad I wanted to put it all behind me. But I feel the need to let people know how bad it was. I would have been better off flipping burgers at McDonald's. Don't work for these people.

Advice to Management

Any advice I were to give here would fall on deaf ears, so I won't even bother.

4. "Not for me"

Former Employee - Entry Level in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Entry Level in Austin, TX

I worked at ISA-ATX full-time

Pros

Nice people working there and some managers are awesome. Learn quickly and move to the field very quick.

Cons

You're bugging people to sign up for direct TV, and not going to get the hours they promised originally.

"Run Away!!!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at ISA-ATX (Less than a year)

Pros

The upper management sell you all these pipedreams. If you master their skills you can become a con artist.

Cons

Wrok six days a week, low pay, and no benefits.

Advice to Management

Stop selling these pipedreams. It's unethical.

"Not just a Number anymore."

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at ISA-ATX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast Promotion-I was tired of being just a number at a huge company. Always wanted to move up quickly but It was harder to get noticed when a new class of 50 starts every week. At ISA, I got promoted to Account Executive in 6 weeks. Got promoted again 2 months later. I am now a Project Manager and my team runs campaigns for Solar City. Love the environment and culture. Team nights are blast. Last week it was Top Golf. Overall its a work hard play hard environment!

Cons

For me the biggest con is driving to work. I live all the way south and the office is North by the Domain.

Advice to Management

Relax the dress code. Shirt and Tie everyday gets old after a while. Casual Fridays?

7. "Limited Future Potential"

Former Employee - Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at ISA-ATX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent sales training. Positive, encouraging atmosphere. Good people.

Cons

Limited product offering. Market saturation.

"Awesome Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at ISA-ATX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ISA-ATX is one of the fastest growing most promising companies here in Austin, Texas. Has taught me many different strategies when it comes to marketing, advertising, sales, customer service, management, human resources and training others. ISA offers lots of room to grow and advance within the company, and is solely a people helping people business that has nothing but rewards that follow.

Cons

Don't apply if you aren't willing to work HARD!

Advice to Management

Keep it up, you all are awesome!

"Entry- Level is just the tip of the Iceberg! So much more to see!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at ISA-ATX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I hear it all the time- this is just a sales job. The truth is, there is much more behind the scenes that you will learn: pay roll, hr, social media, client relations, compliance, networking, ect.A business does not run on its own and so much more is needed to run a business than just sales people. Although, the job requires tons of sales, you are learning the invisible side of the business as well. Unless you have ran your own business before, chances are you will not get his type of training for free anywhere else!

And no, newbies do not get a class setting behind the desk where we we start to break down how to fill our paperwork! It is hands on training; You learn as you go. And the reasons I saw why a lot of people don't make it, is because they are not really looking for a fast-paced position. I'll admit it, this is not for everyone. But for those looking for an opportunity is sales management, this is a good one.

I think for us that have a little background in sales it is a plus: You are indoor in retailers with heavy traffic, setting up brand name satellite and cable systems, and can make real money if you want!

Cons

--The schedule is not my favorite but I'll admit it is better than working all weekends. I have a morning shift and work 5 days a week- every other weekend is included.
    --I train newbies. It's not that I dislike training, I dislike people who do enough to get by. Don't waste my time unless you want to be better.

Advice to Management

I've had a good experience with the company so far! Keep it up!

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at ISA-ATX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was a great company to work for. I worked here right around 6 months and loved it. The opportunity that is given to you is not one that you see with every employer. Uncapped growth potential and the ability to essentially write your own paycheck was very exciting and rewarding. Also, the fact that they fill new needs 100% from within the company was awesome as well. I had to leave the company to take care of an ailing family member, but I wish them all the luck in the world. Great program with great leadership!

Cons

Working with this company, while very rewarding, requires hard work and an unmatched attitude. Working here wouldn't be for somebody who is looking to sit back and collect a paycheck. The people I watched continually advance within the company were constantly working hard and had unbelievable attitudes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!