ISI Telemanagement Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Changing Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at ISI Telemanagement Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been a manager with the company for over 5 years. About 1 year ago, I was ready to leave the company. The old management did not care about the employees and doing your job was difficult with out dated processes and systems. I felt micro managed and hated my job. Then the company was sold and the acquiring CEO told his vision of the company to all the employees. I decided to stay and see what happens. The company went from secretive and stressed to sharing information, open to employee suggestions and state of the art.

The VP of sales has stepped up to the challenge and implemented Salesforce to help grow the business and is hiring sales staff to drive more sales. I am looking forward to the growth that will be coming to my department.

The CEO also brought in a new CFO who takes the time to help me better the importance of my budget and has given me visibility into the financials that I have never had. He has implemented a new accounting system and brought the company into the next generation of accounting. We are now a paperless office. I have the ability to see every expense that gets charged to my department and can view electronic copies of every invoice without the need to go to the accounting department with questions. I now feel ownership of my numbers and the impact to the business from my team.

My job is getting easier everyday, I feel part of the the team, my opinion actually matters and moral of my coworkers is great.

I am so glad I did not jump ship a year ago. I have never worked for a better company.

Cons

I now actually have to perform my job efficiently as everyone can see the impact of my work. Total transparency to the employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Fair place to work"

I worked at ISI Telemanagement Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible and friendly place to work. Nice atmosphere. Most people are very nice. Management is OK, but needs some work.

Cons

The company is moving to downtown Chicago. They think everyone should be happy about the prospect of commuting with no pay increase. So wrong on so many levels! If workers wanted to work in Chicago, that's where they would be. Very poor move on management's part. They will lose many devoted and great employees.

Advice to Management

Consider the employees opinions, not just those that live in Chicago! Chicago employers make larger salaries!

3. "Change is the name of the game."

I have been working at ISI Telemanagement Solutions full-time

Pros

Fast paced, exciting environment. Updating everything.

Cons

Lots to do to facilitate the changes.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating the exciting things to come

4. "Regional Sales Manger"

I worked at ISI Telemanagement Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Niche call accounting software solution

Cons

outdated solution, culture and management

Advice to Management

retire

Nov 17, 2017 – HR Consultant

Thanks for the review! We hope that our recent change in both leadership and many of our operating systems & software has been a positive one and that we are well on the way to a bright future at... More

5. "Salesperson"

I worked at ISI Telemanagement Solutions full-time

Pros

Employees are very supportive of each other to support customers and sales efforts. Privately owed so executive team was very stable.

Cons

Historically, turnover in the sales department was very high.

Advice to Management

Reduce turnover

Nov 17, 2017 – HR Consultant

Thanks for the review! It is definitely our number one goal to attract, train & retain talented & dedicated team members in ALL areas of the company on a long-term basis! We have recently... More

"Very exciting time for ISI Telemagement Solutions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at ISI Telemanagement Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great, small business feel, with a great value on the customers served. The biggest improvement is the recent acquisition of the company, and with that new ownership group, comes a young and talented CEO, Asim Aleem. Great improvements ahead.

Cons

Replaced archaic leadership with new CEO and new ownership group. This will address a lot of the issues previous employees have already noted.

Advice to Management

Trust the new CEO and move forward!

Feb 4, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the kind words. We are working on building a great company and I wish you the best in your career. All the best -Asim

"Possibly A Bright Future Ahead with New Majority Owners"

Former Employee - Executive Level in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Executive Level in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

A New CEO and President much younger than past one with more diverse experience. Solid Company with experienced staff to continue to work the business at hand. New time for change if ownership is going to move business forward. Out with the old archaic CEO who ran the company as a tyrant he was. Great residual revenue base to keep $$$ flowing in.

Cons

More management change is needed. Too many DIrectors and VP's of company are home grown and of these many achieved positions thru backstabbing and small company politics. Often no one else remotely qualified so instead of bringing in higher paid experienced management team they promoted staff to executive positions where unfortunately they have neither the management, vision or people skills to succeed in key areas especially Customer Service and R&D. They unfortunately kept prior CEO's son who is a lawyer by profession. Ok lawyer but not a person who easily leads or motivates. In the time I reported to him he had no clue as to what I did on a daily basis. Past sales performance typically under budget. Too many years operating at net loss stagnated many salaries. To much Internet surfing by staff including Managers.

Advice to Management

Make more changes in the top 4 corners of the office. New blood is needed with a few exceptions which you will easily see as you first couple of senior staff meetings occur. There are some real good and also some very weak Directors and VP's there. Look at how they were promoted and go from there. Years in the trenches does not make a solid VP or Director. I sat in too many meetings with 90% of these folks and know the strengths and weaknesses of many. Now that old CEO is gone my ax is dull. Would love to see ISI actually make some money. Did you know that most development started by other companies? Agile management buzz is not the solution. Creative forward vision is.
    Use you own products to manage internet and increase phone productivity. Improve support training. Re-Align sales team.

Feb 4, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback! I can assure you that we have addressed some of the observations in your post and are cultivating a culture of attracting, retaining and promoting individuals based on... More

"Sales Director"

Former Employee - Enterprise Sales Director in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Enterprise Sales Director in Naperville, IL

I worked at ISI Telemanagement Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Good Products, good culture, good staff,

Cons

President is to old to run a tech company and has no direction

Feb 4, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. I took over the company in September 2016 so I don't believe we overlapped. I look forward to moving the company forward in the right direction. All the best - Asim

"Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Great company ,flexible hours. The atmosphere is business professional.

Cons

For me I didn't care for the Upper management .

Feb 4, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback. I bought the company in September 2016 so I don't believe we overlapped. I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Upper management when you were at ISI. I can... More

"n/a"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

PTO is generous and rightfully so. If you're the type of person that has a strong work ethic and is willing to pick up the slack of your co-workers that do nothing more than spend their time on the internet... this is the place for you!

Cons

People that are promoted to managerial positions(based on tenure and not experience) that have no previous managerial experience. Many complaints against these so called managers that go ignored.

Advice to Management

Re-install internet tracking. The time spent by employees surfing the internet is sickening. Give raises based on performance and not on tenure will give you true perspective on your profits.

Feb 4, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback and I am sorry to hear about some of your observations while you were at ISI. I took over the company in September 2016 and can assure you that we are evolving the culture... More