ISO Claims Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Scott G. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at ISO Claims Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This place is amazing. I genuinely enjoy coming in and love what I do. The executives go out of their way to show appreciation for hard work and promotions are abound. You work hard, you get recognized. It's that simple. We are leaders in our industry and are constantly striving to create the next big thing. Innovation is our passion and we're awesome at it. Execs WANT to know how to improve, and if anyone is courageous enough to raise an issue, all Sr members listen and act.

Cons

Nothing is coming to mind...

"Meaningful and challenging work, great colleagues and folks who want to do a good job"

I have been working at ISO Claims Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I think that it is important for employees, both former and current, to have a forum to anonymously comment on their experiences and impressions of a company to help prospective employees make informed decisions about potential opportunities. I think that it can be helpful if those comments are based in fact, but if they are purely negative and warped opinions I don’t feel that’s helpful. I’ve never commented on here before, but I felt compelled to write this because I saw a post recently that was just mean and not factually based.

I’ve worked at Claims Partners for some time and don’t think it’s perfect, but no organization is without room for improvement. I enjoy the work I do. It can be stressful, but, by and large, I feel that Claims Partners is successful and that it is moving in a great direction, especially from where it had been under prior leadership.

Cons

Like any place, can be stressful at times and a few bad apples (but not many)

Advice to Management

I’ve been around long enough to see that the President and COO care a great deal about team members. To call the relationship between them and others in the organization a cult is ridiculous. No. It is a place of employment and I’ve never seen that. It’s just not the case. I’ve worked at a lot of jobs and for a corporate atmosphere it is actually enjoyable. I like the collegial environment and I am friendly with most all employees (yes, there are some jerks and cynics [as with any organization], but they are few in number). I’ve worked with so many colleagues for years now and I don’t feel that the turnover is high.

This place actually does a pretty good job at weeding out negative and toxic people. Most everyone in the organization are really great to work with and I’m lucky to be a part of a place I want to show up at every day and contribute, do meaningful work and overall have good relationships with my co-workers.

"All about Medicare"

I have been working at ISO Claims Partners full-time

Pros

Friendly coworkers, pretty good benefits/perks, clean and open office

Cons

Very monotonous work, a bit hard to get promoted past a certain point

"Run Run Run"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Reading, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Reading, MA

I have been working at ISO Claims Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Health, dental, vision, etc. They even have pet insurance. Work from home Fridays. But, that doesn't apply to everyone in the office.

Cons

They sell this company as a start-up feel. FAR FAR from it. Pay is so low. I can leave and work as a waiter and make more money. The issues run high and deep. The 3 musketeers are toxic. Nothing here is going to change if they stay on. Most leave within the year because managers look for any reason to fire them. The ones that see the pattern leave on their own. During the interview, they talk about how people have been working there for 4-7 years. That's a lie. There's no growth because managers will fire people that have any ambition to move up so that they can save their own jobs. They create fake email addresses to post positive reviews.

Advice to Management

HQ should not believe what they see when they come to visit. That is the only way there is any salvation for the office. I'm giving CEO a neutral because he's not the one running the show here. But, he should make the decision to break up the leadership team in the office.

"What happens when ineffective leaders start a cult..."

I have been working at ISO Claims Partners full-time

Pros

-WFH Friday which is a nice way to do nothing with 20% of your week.

-If you "play the game" and placate the three "leaders" you can be their spies which will entitle you to an office, reduced responsibilities, and some nonsense job title.

- There are good people here but you have to find them quick since everyone with a marketable skill or conscious leave in a hurry.

Cons

- Total cut throat atmosphere. No one trusts anyone. The three "leaders" act like they're everyone's friends but they and their posse of five or or hangers on have been, and continue to, enrich themselves on the backs of the staff.

- President and COO show up about once a month expect much fanfare when they show up. They want praise…nay…they DEMAND praise. They want to stand in front of a PowerPoint slide, crack a few inside jokes, get a few forced laughs, and then send people on their way (with a smile) to slave away towards an unrealistic production goal. If you like cults this is the place for you!

- I can think of one person who is a real leader. Everyone else is only out to benefit themselves on the back of the services team and by extension Verisk. The three people who think they are “leaders” think they are running some Silicon Valley startup when it is actually a factory with cubicles. Wearing a sport coat and drinking beer during working hours does not make you a startup. It means you’re an ineffective leader who can rattle off business buzzwords with a champagne buzz.

Advice to Management

My advise to the "leaders" of ISO is to get ready to write another fake review to bury this one.

My advise to Verisk is to help ISO set some realistic production goals for us. We want to do a good job. We love our customers but we need to have some real leadership. Don't just look at the three amigos. Look at their friends with inflated titles, assuredly insane salaries, and no real responsibilities. You need to clean them all out.

"Coordinator"

I worked at ISO Claims Partners full-time

Pros

work from home fridays benefits

Cons

they time you when going to the bathroom, the culture is a lie opposite of what they preach, senior management always get credit and not lower

"Paralegal"

Former Employee - Paralegal in North Reading, MA
    Former Employee - Paralegal in North Reading, MA

I worked at ISO Claims Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, benefits, great community feel

Cons

Poor processes, minimal growth, communication sometimes lacking

"A cult of personality"

I worked at ISO Claims Partners full-time

Pros

As with most businesses, you'll come across hard-working people who are trying to do the best they can. The organization is committed to professional development - more a Verisk thing than an ISO thing. Parent company Verisk in general is an amazing company and well-positioned to grow in the coming years.

Cons

If you join this organization, there are three considerations:

1. You're basically in a cult-like atmosphere. There's no other way to say it. A personality cult around the president and COO (not Verisk, but ISO) and by extension, the leadership group. You want to see people put comical cut-out pictures of the COO and President in their cubicle to win favor? This is the place.

In parallel, the President and COO are only onsite maybe 15 days or so a year. They show up periodically to tell you that you should think and operate like you're working in a startup (be underpaid and take on way more responsibility than you're job title is about). Only problem is ISO is about 250 employees and Verisk is a NASDAQ traded company with over 7000 employees. Not quite a start up.

The two leaders, since they're practically never there, rely on an entrenched group of employees / close friends who serve as their spies. You could call this management chain, but that's too kind. The leaders, being as cynical as they are, love true informants. As others have mentioned in Glassdoor reviews, the informant group can be collectively referred to as the 'clique'.

2. Maybe one C-level leader has been a C-level someplace else. As a result the leaership group has zero comparative experience. Business domain knowledge is incredibly important - most of these C-levels have it. But they only know what they know and if you've been 'developed' by a few of the leaders then you end up becoming another cynic with no idea of strategic vision. The leadership group reflects the classic "I'll make 10 disjointed decisions this week and expect the organization to respond." That's not leadership, that's scatterbrained strategic thinking.

3. Turnover. Don't get used to the person in the cubicle to your left or right. The leadership group would chuckle at that statement - cost containment - but it's a bigger issue. Has Verisk corporate has ever done a real ROI analysis around the pure cost to the organization for turnover? How much money is spent continually training new employees? Granted, many of the operations jobs are entry level, but at some point there has to be some reckoning with financials. The HR group at ISO deserves doubled bonuses for all the extra work they have to put it in constantly hiring and on-boarding people.

Advice to Management

There is none for ISO. The leadership group will write some fake review in a week to be at the top of the review list. They never progress.

For Verisk, someone should take a serious look at dollars related to turnover at ISO. iSO' s revenue is a drop in the bucket compared to other Verisk holdings, but really, has anyone looked at how much ISO has to spend on hiring / training the constant stream of new employees?

Beyond that, external executives - good people, not zero sum game cynics - are desperately needed at ISO. The organizational structure is too incestuous and outside strategic perspective would be helpful.

"Too many cons for only one pro."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Reading, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Reading, MA

I worked at ISO Claims Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home Fridays is a pro.

Cons

Low salary, large workload, no room for growth. You will be working for people who have inflated job titles and you will quickly learn that they spend their day delegating the tasks they don't want to down to you. Even when you receive any kudos, you know it is insincere.

"Business Systems Analyst"

I have been working at ISO Claims Partners full-time

Pros

Close to Rt. 93, monthly snacks to build morale, hard working co-workers

Cons

Operations-centric; don't recognize the value of the IT side of the business; lots of growing pains from a senior management change several years ago; pockets of micro-managing; operations directing IT resources. Favorites win promotions, no defined path for the rest.

Advice to Management

Make decisions based on analysis instead of knee-jerk reactions; stop sugar coating and allowing dead-end initiatives to linger; recognize the value of the IT area and that you ARE in the SAAS (software as a service) business. Develop true product owners.