ISO Claims Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
ISO Claims Partners President and CEO Scott G. Stephenson
Scott G. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Meaningful and challenging work, great colleagues and folks who want to do a good job"

I have been working at ISO Claims Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I think that it is important for employees, both former and current, to have a forum to anonymously comment on their experiences and impressions of a company to help prospective employees make informed decisions about potential opportunities. I think that it can be helpful if those comments are based in fact, but if they are purely negative and warped opinions I don’t feel that’s helpful. I’ve never commented on here before, but I felt compelled to write this because I saw a post recently that was just mean and not factually based.

I’ve worked at Claims Partners for some time and don’t think it’s perfect, but no organization is without room for improvement. I enjoy the work I do. It can be stressful, but, by and large, I feel that Claims Partners is successful and that it is moving in a great direction, especially from where it had been under prior leadership.

Cons

Like any place, can be stressful at times and a few bad apples (but not many)

Advice to Management

I’ve been around long enough to see that the President and COO care a great deal about team members. To call the relationship between them and others in the organization a cult is ridiculous. No. It is a place of employment and I’ve never seen that. It’s just not the case. I’ve worked at a lot of jobs and for a corporate atmosphere it is actually enjoyable. I like the collegial environment and I am friendly with most all employees (yes, there are some jerks and cynics [as with any organization], but they are few in number). I’ve worked with so many colleagues for years now and I don’t feel that the turnover is high.

This place actually does a pretty good job at weeding out negative and toxic people. Most everyone in the organization are really great to work with and I’m lucky to be a part of a place I want to show up at every day and contribute, do meaningful work and overall have good relationships with my co-workers.

"Paralegal"

Former Employee - Paralegal in North Reading, MA
    Former Employee - Paralegal in North Reading, MA

I worked at ISO Claims Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, benefits, great community feel

Cons

Poor processes, minimal growth, communication sometimes lacking

"A cult of personality"

I worked at ISO Claims Partners full-time

Pros

As with most businesses, you'll come across hard-working people who are trying to do the best they can. The organization is committed to professional development - more a Verisk thing than an ISO thing. Parent company Verisk in general is an amazing company and well-positioned to grow in the coming years.

Cons

If you join this organization, there are three considerations:

1. You're basically in a cult-like atmosphere. There's no other way to say it. A personality cult around the president and COO (not Verisk, but ISO) and by extension, the leadership group. You want to see people put comical cut-out pictures of the COO and President in their cubicle to win favor? This is the place.

In parallel, the President and COO are only onsite maybe 15 days or so a year. They show up periodically to tell you that you should think and operate like you're working in a startup (be underpaid and take on way more responsibility than you're job title is about). Only problem is ISO is about 250 employees and Verisk is a NASDAQ traded company with over 7000 employees. Not quite a start up.

The two leaders, since they're practically never there, rely on an entrenched group of employees / close friends who serve as their spies. You could call this management chain, but that's too kind. The leaders, being as cynical as they are, love true informants. As others have mentioned in Glassdoor reviews, the informant group can be collectively referred to as the 'clique'.

2. Maybe one C-level leader has been a C-level someplace else. As a result the leaership group has zero comparative experience. Business domain knowledge is incredibly important - most of these C-levels have it. But they only know what they know and if you've been 'developed' by a few of the leaders then you end up becoming another cynic with no idea of strategic vision. The leadership group reflects the classic "I'll make 10 disjointed decisions this week and expect the organization to respond." That's not leadership, that's scatterbrained strategic thinking.

3. Turnover. Don't get used to the person in the cubicle to your left or right. The leadership group would chuckle at that statement - cost containment - but it's a bigger issue. Has Verisk corporate has ever done a real ROI analysis around the pure cost to the organization for turnover? How much money is spent continually training new employees? Granted, many of the operations jobs are entry level, but at some point there has to be some reckoning with financials. The HR group at ISO deserves doubled bonuses for all the extra work they have to put it in constantly hiring and on-boarding people.

Advice to Management

There is none for ISO. The leadership group will write some fake review in a week to be at the top of the review list. They never progress.

For Verisk, someone should take a serious look at dollars related to turnover at ISO. iSO' s revenue is a drop in the bucket compared to other Verisk holdings, but really, has anyone looked at how much ISO has to spend on hiring / training the constant stream of new employees?

Beyond that, external executives - good people, not zero sum game cynics - are desperately needed at ISO. The organizational structure is too incestuous and outside strategic perspective would be helpful.

4. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at ISO Claims Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This place is amazing. I genuinely enjoy coming in and love what I do. The executives go out of their way to show appreciation for hard work and promotions are abound. You work hard, you get recognized. It's that simple. We are leaders in our industry and are constantly striving to create the next big thing. Innovation is our passion and we're awesome at it. Execs WANT to know how to improve, and if anyone is courageous enough to raise an issue, all Sr members listen and act.

Cons

Nothing is coming to mind...

"Too many cons for only one pro."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Reading, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Reading, MA

I worked at ISO Claims Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home Fridays is a pro.

Cons

Low salary, large workload, no room for growth. You will be working for people who have inflated job titles and you will quickly learn that they spend their day delegating the tasks they don't want to down to you. Even when you receive any kudos, you know it is insincere.

"Business Systems Analyst"

I have been working at ISO Claims Partners full-time

Pros

Close to Rt. 93, monthly snacks to build morale, hard working co-workers

Cons

Operations-centric; don't recognize the value of the IT side of the business; lots of growing pains from a senior management change several years ago; pockets of micro-managing; operations directing IT resources. Favorites win promotions, no defined path for the rest.

Advice to Management

Make decisions based on analysis instead of knee-jerk reactions; stop sugar coating and allowing dead-end initiatives to linger; recognize the value of the IT area and that you ARE in the SAAS (software as a service) business. Develop true product owners.

"Unappreciated after going above and beyond"

Former Employee - Coordinator in North Reading, MA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in North Reading, MA

I worked at ISO Claims Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not too much to say here when compared with other companies in the area. It is a nice looking office but don't judge a book by it's cover.

Cons

Executive team rewards the same people (their friends). Others who do more are over looked. The company is constant revolving door of people, the ones who stay longer are the in the executive clique. The pay was so below the median that I had to work overtime and weekends just to pay my bills. I was a very hard worker who care about the company and continuously went above and beyond expectations but no one ever said "thank you".

Advice to Management

You need to let people express there true feelings about ISO on this site without the Executive team turning around and writing FAKE positive reviews. It is so obvious when you look at the dates of the negative reviews and then see 2-14 days later an expressively positive review. We all know you do it. Stop doing it!!!

ISO Claims Partners Response

Jun 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. ISO Claims Partners always encourages and welcomes employees to provide feedback on how we can continually strive to make our organization the... More

"Lucky to have found this place!"

Current Employee - Paralegal in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Paralegal in Boston, MA

I have been working at ISO Claims Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meritocracy! Room to grow and promotions happening all the time. Great culture. Young and innovative. So much fun and great people.

Cons

It's a high performance culture and those that don't fit that mold can really be a drag on the others. They tend to not last luckily, and then are likely the ones writing these crazy pants reviews on this site. Don't let a handful of vengeful under performers taint the well.

Advice to Management

You have created something so unique! It's so exciting to see the company growing so quickly and to be a part of it. I recently was promoted after only about a year and couldn't be happier!

9. "finally found what I'm looking for..."

Current Employee - Medical Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Medical Analyst in Boston, MA

Pros

Opportunities to advance; clear career paths; constant growth and investment in employees; awesome group of people and culture; open door policy and true willingness to hear feedback and make positive change.

Cons

Sometimes hard as a remote employee

Advice to Management

Invest in better video conferencing so we can see each other more often! And please keep it up. I love it here!!

"Interpret as you will"

Pros

Low-stress
    Culture was easy to integrate

Cons

No growth
    False promises by senior management