ISO New England Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
ISO New England President, CEO, and Director Gordon van Welie
Gordon van Welie

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Proud to be part of Team ISO-NE"

Current Employee - Manager in Holyoke, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Holyoke, MA

I have been working at ISO New England full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employee development is focused both on department objectives as well as the individual’s personal and professional career goals. As a manager, I aim to make employees successful in their current role, but also work with them to strengthen transferable skills that make them more valuable so, if they chose, they are better able to move to other parts of the organization or take on other career paths to broaden their experiences.

Cons

There can be different standards for different departments; consistency would better set employee and management expectations.

Advice to Management

Remain open to internal transfers as a way to give employees a broader set of experiences

2. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Holyoke, MA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Holyoke, MA

I worked at ISO New England full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits were great and company communication was always there. Great working environment and really friendly employees.

Cons

At the time I worked for someone less than qualified to be a supervisor which made my job impossible. Eventually this was resolved, they were removed as a supervisor but it was a little too late for me.

Advice to Management

Make sure who is put in management is ready to be there not only in knowledge but in people skills.

3. "Training and actual job experience are inconsistent."

Current Employee - Systems Operator in Holyoke, MA
    Current Employee - Systems Operator in Holyoke, MA

I have been working at ISO New England full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is very generous. It should be for the amount of work you are expected to do. The union is nice, but could be more involved. The only time the union is apparent is during contract negotiations. Otherwise you would never know you were in a union, until you see the payroll deduction.

Cons

Rotating shift work. The initial train is insufficient for the actual job. When you make mistakes on things on things you were not trained on, you are told, you just should have known better. Often you do not know things until you have done it wrong. It’s very discouraging.

Advice to Management

Have a better more effective training environment.

"Great First Job"

Current Employee - Entry Level in Holyoke, MA
    Current Employee - Entry Level in Holyoke, MA

I have been working at ISO New England full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation is competitive for the work and the area. The benefits packages are second to none. Work is interesting and engaging, while supervisors and managers ensure a good work-life balance. Flex-time and remote work policies are helpful and accommodating to individual schedules. Employees and management are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Lots of professional development opportunities available to employees. Incentive programs for exceptional performance are useful motivators.

Cons

Cost of living in the surrounding areas is high and commuting north through Springfield causes small delays due to traffic.

Advice to Management

Continue to support employee development through performance reviews and training programs. Ensure that company culture continues to be innovative and strategic by supporting the workplace needs of newer, younger employees.

"Great Company, strong benefits and rewarding work"

I have been working at ISO New England full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative environment. Many learning/growth opportunities.

Cons

Honestly for me there are no cons.

"Top Heavy Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA

I worked at ISO New England full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is scope for professional growth provided that you are not working for a fearful and insecure manager. Be prepared to work independently but also experience the burden of institutional lifers who do not care to develop new skills but are quite comfortable seeking a parasitic existence off of those who possess the ability to learn new things quickly.

Cons

Middle management unable to provide satisfactory guidance on assignments but expect to be spoon-fed by their direct reports which slows the professional development of the direct reports. There are too many superfluous leadership titles that deliver little for the compensation received.

Advice to Management

Ensure that middle and senior management leaders are technically and administratively adept for the business for which they have responsibility so that internal and external stakeholders can be better served.

"Supervisor, Market Compliance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leander, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leander, TX

I worked at ISO New England (More than 10 years)

Pros

Enormous opportunity for professional growth.

Cons

Not a standard 40 hour week in technical positions.

Nov 16, 2016 – Senior Recruiter

ISO New England is a great place to work and offers many opportunities for professional development and growth! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

"Great Company"

Pros

Great company with opportunity to work with many different clients, OEM/ISVs, and great coworkers.

Cons

Transformation to new technologies will be a challenge

Nov 16, 2016 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed the variety of your work and the collaborative environment during your time with ISO New England.

"A great place to work"

I have been working at ISO New England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees have a desire to learn new and complex information every day.

Cons

It is located in a pretty location, but western MA is not my favorite.

Nov 16, 2016 – Senior Recruiter

We aim to provide our employees with exciting work and opportunities for development in a collaborative environment. Thank you for your input on ISO New England.

"Couldn't be happier"

Current Employee - Assistant in Holyoke, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant in Holyoke, MA

I have been working at ISO New England full-time

Pros

I have been at the ISO for just about a year. I came from another organization with almost the exact same number of employees. Since coming to the ISO I have been nothing but impressed. The benefits and programs that are in place to support employees at the ISO are far superior to anywhere else that I have ever worked. The programming done in this organization is very well organized and thought-out. The work environment is pleasant, productive and encouraging. I find my work to be interesting and challenging. I would highly recommend ISO New England to anyone considering the organization as a future employer.

Cons

I wish I lived a little bit closer, but that was a decision I made when purchasing my home.

Advice to Management

Thank you for making the ISO a great place to work.

Oct 19, 2016 – Vice President, Human Resources

Welcome aboard. I am glad to hear your first year has been such a positive one. We value insights from all of our staff, but I am especially happy to hear that those newer to the organization are... More