ISS "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

ISS Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jun 14, 2019

Found 608 reviews

3.1
ISS CEO Jeff Gravenhorst
Jeff Gravenhorst
Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Supporting your team is the key to success"

Former Employee - District Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at ISS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work with a great team within my local branch

Cons

Upper Management and corporate is disconnected and has little regards for the Human touch which is critical to our survival

Advice to Management

Take care of your employee and they will take care of their customer

ISS2019-03-30
  2. "district manager"

I worked at ISS full-time

Pros

Always work to do

Cons

lack of upper management support/HR

ISS2018-12-28

"Horrible place to work."

Former Employee - Human Resources

I worked at ISS for less than a year

Pros

My boss and team were great. But if a higher up in another department decides they don't like you for any reason you won't last long.

Cons

If upper management decideds they don't like you for any reason they will make up lies about you to get you fired and theres no chance to defend yourself.

ISS2017-10-20
    • "Office Manager"

I worked at ISS full-time

Pros

Corporate support and structure in place

Cons

Upper management often not in tune with opertions

ISS2017-09-30

"Corrupt to the Core, you are the meatshield"

Former Employee - Senior Technician in Seattle, WA

I worked at ISS full-time for less than a year

Pros

No professional experience required, and $18/ph on day 1 with ample opportunity for overtime, where you are rarely required to do any extra work when you stick around later.

Cons

This business, not only at this location, but all over the US, is corrupt to the core, and in the case of much of the upper management, clinically insane. Here is why: They will promise you many things, most of which are 100% false. I made many good faith investments over the course of 10 months, doing 80% of my supervisor’s paperwork, attending more of the Ops Meetings...

Advice to Management

Next time you purge almost all of your management staff for corruption (like in 2012), don't hire replacements from your biggest and equally corrupt competitor. Also, don't limit your information to single sources. At the Seattle/Seatac Airport site all information went through a single person at some point, he was the one point of contact, and he was completely corrupt, hiding information or blatantly lying whenever...

ISS2017-02-25

September 20, 2017Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. This is this the account page for ISS UK we will forward your review to our US colleagues. If you have any further feedback please email: info@uk.issworld.com and we will forward on, Thanks

• "average company"

I have been working at ISS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent pay, local management great to deal with

Cons

minimal 401K matching, upper management like to create chaos when everything is running smoothly

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, do not rock a boat that doesn't need rocking.

ISS2016-10-19

September 20, 2017Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review.Your feedback is important to us. If you have any further feedback please do email us: info@uk.issworld.com Thank you.

"No Loyalty - Bad Upper Mnagement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at ISS for less than a year

Pros

Nice co-workers, Responsive to job tools needed

Cons

HORRIBLE culture. No loyalty to well performing employees. Upper management doesn't care about your opinions while they sit on their computers all day barking orders at the lower ranking employees. Would not recommend this company.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee engagement rather than making your employees feel like they are replaceable.

ISS2016-08-03

September 20, 2017Marketing Manager

"Poor upper management, no direction and poor company culture."

Former Employee - Front Line Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at ISS

Pros

ISS used to be a great company to work for when they re entered the U.S. market in 2007. They HAD excellent management inherited from companys they aquired. Bonuses, merit increases and recognition USED to be given for performance.

Cons

Current ISS upper management techniques include but are not limited to; berating and attempting to intimidate employees, blaming subordinate employees for their own incompetence and overall dishonesty to employees and clients.

Advice to Management

Hire professionals to lead divisions instead of scatter-minded people with emotional problems.

ISS2014-12-17

September 20, 2017Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. This is the account page for ISS UK we will forward your review to our US colleagues. If you have any further feedback please email: info@uk.issworld.com and we will forward on, Thanks

"The position at the client was a set up for failure. It seemed as though the client did not really want us there."

Former Employee - Portfolio Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ

I worked at ISS full-time

Pros

The compensation for my position was adequate. I really can not think of anything else that I would consider to be a pro.

Cons

Very poor upper management structure. Upper management did not do a good job of identifying ways to ensure a positive experience for any of our employees at this client.

Advice to Management

Bring in a few seasoned veterans.

ISS2014-01-31

September 20, 2017Marketing Manager

"Very disorganized, management causes constant turmoil with first line managers."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at ISS full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some very good people who work at this company, too bad the company runs them into the ground.

Cons

There no balance between work and your personal life. The upper management has no qualms calling you at 2:30 am to hold a meeting because someone in Denmark (World headquarters) has a hair fire and wants to discuss this matter with managers then.

ISS2013-09-26