IST Management Reviews in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL | Glassdoor

Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL Area

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Hal Blackman

Pros
  • Great Place to Learning Customer Service Skills (in 6 reviews)

• ist has a fair work environment and modt site locations are great to work in (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay for the work you do and 5 dollars in StarBucks card for recognitions when top management get bonuses for your hard work (in 15 reviews)

• Site managers have no idea how to properly manage (in 7 reviews)

"The Comapny with Passion"

Current Employee - On-Site Operations Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - On-Site Operations Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at IST Management (More than 5 years)

Pros

IST Management Services is known for being "The Company with Passion," and for good reason. IST's passion for service, systems, and people is apparent to customer's and employee's. The IST difference is obvious to anyone with experience in the FM industry. The company is constantly evolving and innovating it's systems and technologies to be the best. CEO Hal Blackman has cultivated "work hard, play hard" culture that keeps employee's motivated and engaged. To put it simply, this company gets me. IST is a great company for anyone looking to learn and grow. Upper management focuses on employee development and employee's have access to all training materials 24 hours a day. The company also pride's itself in promoting from within. In the 7 years I've been with IST, I have had multiple opportunities to move up in the organization. If your service oriented, dedicated, and looking for a great career path, IST would be a great fit for you.

Cons

Depending on your level dedication, the job can sometimes require more then the standard 8 hours a day, especially at higher levels. While some could see this a negative, it's a great opportunity to set yourself apart and let our customer's know that we will always go the extra mile for them.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at IST Management full-time

Pros

You make your own schedule and the team is top notch. They're there to support you and back you up however you need. You also get a 2 month paid training period in Atlanta.

Cons

The base is not good. It takes time to build a clientele, unfortunately, you're expected to have that right away. They pay a small stipend per month for gas which isn't easy in a huge area.

Advice to Management

More ongoing training, research the areas that are more conducive to what we're selling.

Feb 4, 2016 – VP Administration

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. While we are excited to see that you believe there are several areas where we are doing things right, I'd like to invite you to reach out ... More

"Notice the pattern"

Former Employee - Site Manager in South Florida, FL
    Former Employee - Site Manager in South Florida, FL

I worked at IST Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing good, this company is deceptive they withhold information during the interview process about the client that was asked for only to see on day 1 why no sane person would say yes if they knew beforehand.

Cons

Read all the reviews people you'll see a common pattern with this company. PTO and 401k policy that leaves staff scratching their heads. Meager pay and no raises. Clients that could be racists, crazy, tantrum throwing, petty, and unethical and IST will throw you under the bus every time. Somehow they'll say you caused it.

Advice to Management

GSY's

Jul 7, 2015 – VP Administration

My name is Lori Mitchum, VP Administration at our IST Corporate Office. I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you and perhaps better explain how our PTO is used to provide paid ... More

"WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!"

Current Employee - IST Employee (FT) in Davie, FL
    Current Employee - IST Employee (FT) in Davie, FL

I have been working at IST Management full-time

Pros

There are no pro's except it is a job that doesn't have your back and get blamed for everything.

Cons

1. NO employee loyalty
    2. The blame always falls on you
    3. No respect for staff
    4. Are NOT able to talk to management
    5. Anything you say is used against you, so that they can fire you or any other employee later
    6. They wait for you to do your full day of work and then they fire you (no notice or warning)
    7. Any little mistake is the END of the world and your job
    8. Every day is a list of new procedures they expect you to learn and if not it's either a write up or termination
    9. They don't pay anything for the amount of work you do, and the constant stress you're under
    10. Even when you call out sick; they still expect you to work
    11. Your boss doesn't stand up for you for anything and is the first to throw you under the boss so that he won't get the blame for it
    12. Are at other people's beck and call whether you off the clock or at lunch
    13. There is absolutely no COMMUNICATION...they expect you do complete a task that wasn't assigned to you and forgot to mention it to you
    14. Annual raises are on average only $0.05 every year
    15. Your pay gets max out at 9.50 (do the math on average 5 cents a year starting at $8.00 to be max out at $9.50)
    16. It's really not a complete FULL TIME - full time is 40 hours a week; FULL time in IST is 37.5 so you on top of the very little pay for your hard work and effort they still take 2.5 hours away and consider it FULL TIME
    17. Your Paid Time Off (PTO) is included with sick days, vacation days, holiday's - That means that if you use all your hours it's gone if your sick after not to mention THAT HOLIDAY'S GET TAKEN FROM YOUR PTO AS WELL.
    18. Health Insurance is practically unaffordable since it's more than one whole pay check.
    19. 401-k plan they offer does not price match a single penny
    20. WORST JOB IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

SUPPORT your employee's, learn to appreciate when hard work was put in, Stand up for your staff and not cower like a mouse, learn that you have to give to receive - It's not all one sided. Learn how to actually be a leader and not a BOSS (or DICTATOR).

May 27, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

My name is Jean-Robert Lafont and I am the Director of HR for IST Management Services. In your review you said that you are not able to talk to management. I'd like to give you that opportunity ... More

"Horrible"

Current Employee - Site Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Site Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at IST Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No Pros none what so ever All upper management are liars and are out for only themselves.

Cons

Upper management lies to employees when they write up a person they (site managers) do not investigate the charges. They do not keep their word when they take over a site. Whatever promises they make be sure to get it on paper because they are notorious liars.

Advice to Management

Stop the Nepotism. You actually have people that are talented. Not related to upper management. When you fire someone keep them fired. Stop hiring Managers that are illiterate and can not write their own reports. Give them a test using Word Perfect.

Sep 13, 2013 – VP Administration

My name is Lori Mitchum, VP of Administration, for IST Management Services. I'm interested in hearing more about your concerns and to help work toward a more positive work experience. Please ... More