IT Convergence Senior Principal Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Senior Principal Consultant

3.8
Arvind Sharma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Friendly environment, challenging, great learning opportunities and work from home when needed (in 4 reviews)

• Perfect meaning for work life balance reflects on all our faces (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Variable pay will come in installments or you might not even get it (Management's has some mood swing problem) (in 7 reviews)

• Work Life balance gets disturbed and would become horrible after joining such organization (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great technology, good opportunity, but a lot of work"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Incline Village, NV
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Incline Village, NV

I have been working at IT Convergence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Latest technology releases
    Multiple projects/environments
    Client list is great
    Competitive environment
    Good Salary

Cons

A lot of hours
    High turnover
    OK Bonus

Advice to Management

Retain the top performers, let the rest leave

"Principle Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at IT Convergence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to learn, grow and learn.

Cons

HQ is disconnected from front lines. They are only in town when the "thing" hits the fan. I was never asked what I thought the problem was. There is no team effort per say. They hire with promise of rotating to other gigs but only the "favorites" get this opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep trying!

3. "Worked in Chicago office over two years as Principle consultants"

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at IT Convergence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility to work from home

Cons

Allot of work without addition incentives not even getting what they offer in offer letter.

Advice to Management

Give more power to Managers and less involvement of HR in each and every aspects.

4. "A very flexible and welcoming organization"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at IT Convergence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Work environment and talent.

Cons

Work hours and pay structure(some positions)

Advice to Management

Decisions should be taken pro-actively and effort to maintain the best talents should be pro-active.

5. "Better place to work"

I have been working at IT Convergence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IT Convergence is a potential place for skilled technical people. Excellent place for the technical folks who has expertise in multiple knowledge areas, this is the place where you can explore the opportunity to make your Ideas work.

Employee friendly organization, flexible working hours, very good team to work with
    Approachable senior management team is an advantage to convey your ideas towards implementation. Management recognizes such talent and elevate people at an appropriate time.
    Employee has high potential to grow with the company.

Offers better salary in comparison with market standards.

I have good experience working with ITC, good team, approachable senior management, flexible work hours, good work life balance, professional recognition. over all I will rate ITC is a better place to work.
    I will recommend my friends to work with ITC and if there is any opportunity I will consider working with ITC again 

Cons

If you are a person who follow the rule book and expect your job is to execute a set of predefined commands, this is not the place to work.

Yes it is agreed that ITC may not have best in class infrastructure, however I have witnessed huge improvements in all the areas of infrastructure and they are going in a big way to sophisticate further. I see this as an advantage to the employee than a barrier, as at this stage employee gets better technical expose than ever.

You will have to put extra efforts than the efforts required in well organized environment

Advice to Management

Executive management should spend some time to think strategically, especially in Technical Operations.

Senior management needs to spend some time to understand the gaps in technical operations.

Fixing communication gaps between the teams would surely improve over all team performance.

Incorporating proper planning at different levels would improve over all delivery efficiency.

"Don't spoil your Career and Life by joining this company !!! Don't even consider"

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at IT Convergence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Might be good for Freshers to kick start their career. Apart from that, I can't say anything positive about this company. Am terribly shocked by seeing so many positive feedback. Most likely this is an initiative taken by HR department, to cover-up the Company's bad image so as to lure new employees.

Cons

Am a former employee of this company (in Hyderabad office) and quit within 3 months, after undergoing such a harassment and spoiling my health. This company was started 10 years before and it is still struggling to sustain. 1 year back they started their office in Hyderabad, since they couldn't get resources in US. Sadly the India offshore team operations is also heading towards failure due to bad work-culture and politics.
    'Incase' if you consider joining this company, please contact just one employee of this company and you will get to know the truth. The employees are treated like Slaves without any mercilessness. Basic principle of this company is to get Maximum revnew from its customer with very less investment spend on their IT infrastructure and salaries they pay. Employees of this company were made to work (forcefully) for atleast 12 hours a day and on weekends as well. Everyone who joined this company suffers and all-most everyone tries to jump out of it. So DON'T risk your Career and Personal Health by joining this company. I swear what am saying is true !!!!!!! Mail me if you need more details.

Advice to Management

Change your attitude towards your employees. Just think why can't you retain most of your employees for more than a year. First build-up the confidence on your employees towards you and then try to get more business. Stop encouraging nepotism and treat all employees with dignity.

7. "Opportunities are endless @ IT Convergence"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Hyderabad (India)

Pros

• Excellent senior management. Though they are managers, but they technically very strong unlike any other companies
    • Please consider the salary review process with market and also make it more normalization w..r.t salaries.
    • A lot of chances to get to travel to different sites around ITC offices
    • Opportunities to work in big projects
    • Performance based hikes are followed
    • Great company with a small town feel. Very few layers of management making decisions much quicker. Excellent support staff and employees

Cons

Gym facility not available at the India office.

Advice to Management

Can spread their development centres to other locations in India as well.. like Bangalore, Pune .. Mumbai etc.