IT SOLUTIONS CONSULTING Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Company Success! Voted as one of the BEST Places to work in Philadelphia!"

Former Employee - Corporate Recruiter for ITS/CHIPS/Acropolis in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at IT SOLUTIONS CONSULTING full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

• The company is very well put together.
    • I loved working there.
    • I contributed to the company by finding some great people to work there, that are still working there today :)
    • Company Benefits: Salary/Bonus/Performance Review/Benefits/401K Matching/ESOP Matching
    • CEO is a really nice person - we ALL know him/Upper Management is very nice also/VCIO's and
    ALL employees - very nice people to work with!
    • This is a For Profit Company - it is a CASH COW!
    • MVP Program recognizes employees on a daily basis, and prizes are given out every Quarter.
    • ITS is employee owned!

Cons

Each completed work day, I always felt I could have done more, and wanted to do more to keep up with the goals.

Advice to Management

The company is a GREAT PLACE to work. Keep up the Great work, and Keep Expanding! I miss promoting the business. If a position becomes available in the future in another Department in which I can contribute, I would be very happy to return.

"Great co-workers, employee-owned"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at IT SOLUTIONS CONSULTING full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked here for 17 years in a number of roles. I started as a software developer and worked my way up to managing the software development team. I am a supervisor here so you could call this review slanted if you were a cynic but if you have an open mind, you might see that I was able to realize my ambitions here from an entry-level role all the way up to a department manager. This place is full of opportunity and avenues for advancement and quickly recognizes success and capability.

I started here in 2000 as a developer and was given the opportunity to learn a number of new technologies and to excel with guidance and support. I struggled at times but was mentored and guided along and eventually I broke out and began taking on a leadership role. The role that developed organically was eventually converted into a promotion and then into another one.

My success here can be traced back to the coaching and mentoring I received, the patient support and the focused execution of the management team which I try to emulate every day.

I will never work anywhere else and I try to provide the same guidance and support that I received early on in my role as a manager.

Cons

To be perfectly honest (and a little petty), it's in the Fort Washington office park so lunch options are really limited. There are about 5 restaurants you can rely on, the rest are hit or miss. I like food so it's challenging.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate on both sides of the business - managed services and app dev.

"Talented Team, Entrepreneurial Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at IT SOLUTIONS CONSULTING full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Smart, dedicated staff who support each other and the clients better than anywhere else I've seen. Entrepreneurial atmosphere where changes and improvements happen quickly because the business is always looking to move forward for the benefit of the team. Business has grown steadily and substantially over the years primarily through referrals from satisfied clients -- a testament to the people and processes that the company has put so much time and effort into developing. Great benefits and staff recognition programs for a company of its size. The Employee Stock Ownership Plan and MVP program are standouts for me.

Cons

Maybe not as many perks as larger companies, but the opportunities to learn and develop skills, plus the opportunities to be a contributor to the ongoing success of the business, are more rewarding than a company cafeteria.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating for both staff development and growth of the business.

"Best of the best!"

I have been working at IT SOLUTIONS CONSULTING full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

By far the strongest managed service team I've ever been part of. Engineers are selected for BOTH their client service skills and their technical know-how.

Cons

While growing, ITS is still a small business, and the health benefit options for small businesses are tough. They make the best choices possible from a bunch of bad choices for the benefits they can offer... so while it's no fault of the company itself, the health benefits have suffered in recent years.

"Great Experience"

I have been working at IT SOLUTIONS CONSULTING full-time

Pros

ITS offers great experience at a fair salary. I strongly recommend it to folks who are looking to develop their skills. They take great interest in developing talent. The engineers are very patient and always willing to help if you get stuck.

Cons

This environment is very fast paced. I personally consider this a pro, but many people may not be able to handle the pressure.

Advice to Management

Build an HR department that focuses on proactive personal development and community development.

"Honest review"

I worked at IT SOLUTIONS CONSULTING full-time

Pros

ITS is full of talented, personable, incredibly intelligent employees. There's also free coffee and pretzels. Those are pretty much the only pros to working at this company.

Cons

I don't even know where to begin. If you want to work for a company that values quantity over quality, then this is the place for you. If you want clients and money to be put before every lower-rung employee, then apply now. If you want to be overworked, wildly underpaid, and frequently yelled at by your manager, this'll be a perfect fit! Get ready to be screamed at by clients and then get told by upper management that "they pay us a lot", so you have to deal with it. Be prepared to take call after call (this is really just a glorified call center, let's be real) with virtually no time to breathe. Are you overweight and/or a woman? Awesome! I can think of a manager who will berate you endlessly--both to your face and behind your back (oh, c'mon, he's only kidding!!!). I worked at ITS for far too long, mainly because my coworkers were terrific, but after awhile, it just wasn't worth it. If the number of open tickets is too high, it's your fault, if an unreasonable client is upset, it's your fault, if you make a mistake because you're consistently being rushed in order to avoid being publicly humiliated because you didn't close enough tickets that day, it's your fault, if the entire company is understaffed, but just keeps taking on more clients because all they care about is money, then somehow that's your fault too because you don't know how to prioritize or work efficiently. The office is nice, the free* lunch (*only if you work through lunch) is a great perk, the "employee-owned" aspect is cool I suppose, the holiday party is mind blowing, but those are just illusions. The day to day grind is ridiculous and unrealistic. You'll be expected to work nonstop and even extra when the open ticket count is too high. Anyone sane who is not a "teacher's pet" will not last. They'll sink their claws into you, they really will. They'll be charming and make everything seem great. But take it from someone who's been there and who will never go back. It is not worth it. Keep in mind that the Best Places to Work awards were the result of multiple emails sent to the whole company for about a week straight, begging for good ratings. And all these beautiful, raving Glassdoor reviews were coerced out of a lot of employees or they're from the AppDev Department, which has a completely different experience than the Managed Services Department. If you somehow, unfortunately end up working for ITS, good luck.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees! Get rid of aggressive, egotistical managers who, at this point, are just liabilities (this would make a WORLD of difference). Stop taking on 20 new clients for every 1 new employee, especially when you gloat over how much money the company has made at every quarterly meeting. Start valuing quality over quantity. Hold people accountable for their negative actions and get a real HR department (see: liabilities). FYI: when that 1-star review got published on Glassdoor, the entire Managed Services Department whispered amongst themselves and lauded the writer because no one else had the courage to say that they completely agreed with what was written. It wasn't just a bitter review from someone who got fired. That was 100% honest and hit the nail on the head.

IT SOLUTIONS CONSULTING Response

Apr 13, 2017 – CEO

First of all, thank you for your feedback. Second, we apologize that your experience at IT Solutions was not what you were hoping for. We take criticism seriously and we use everything we hear on... More

"Marketing and Sales Department"

I worked at IT SOLUTIONS CONSULTING full-time

Pros

Smart and friendly employees. The management was young but very passionate and CEO had great vision.

Cons

It is an IT company so most people are who work there are information technology guys. The sales and marketing department is small but is lead by smart individuals

"I enjoy my time here"

I have been working at IT SOLUTIONS CONSULTING full-time

Pros

There is a good team atmosphere and even when I'm working on my own I know a coworker is always ready to jump in and assist if I need it. Management is pretty transparent about the decisions made for the business and they seem to take the whole 'employee owned' thing pretty seriously. If I deviate from what I'm supposed to do I'm reminded to get back on track but otherwise I feel like despite the team structure I am allowed some freedom in my day.

Cons

It's a high paced environment and there are a lot of moving parts. If one of those moving parts slows down or derails it can impact everyone but that is the nature of the business.

"Driven and collegial"

I have been working at IT SOLUTIONS CONSULTING full-time

Pros

ITS is a best-in-class outfit, which means you pick up a ton of knowledge and insight working with a very wide range of clients. The company is 100% employee owned through an ESOP, some of which vests immediately (employee match) and some according to a normal vesting schedule. You can read up on ESOPs and get a general idea. The real perk isn't necessarily the financial component itself (it's all basically retirement-oriented) so much as how being part of an ESOP changes how you look at work itself. The company's internal credo is "think like an owner" and it shows in the way employees approach their work, their clients and each other.

Cons

The insurance plan is expensive - better if you're single but families will feel the pinch. I don't know that you will find better insurance options in a small company though - which this is. Seems like the way things are these days.

Advice to Management

The junior roles can be stressful. Maybe find better ways to empower juniors with more control over their workload. On the other hand it's all incredible hands on learning, all the way...

"If you have to work somewhere... this is a pretty good place"

I have been working at IT SOLUTIONS CONSULTING full-time

Pros

Lots of benefits for a 60 person company... health, dental, FSA, life, disability, paid time off, paid holidays, paid internet access at home, comp time, yearly bonuses, employee events, company sponsored charity events, 401K, ESOP. Management is motivated to retain good people and have happy employees. Great company for those with an entrepreneurial spirit. Technology is always changing and this is a good environment to learn/sharpen a wide range of skills. Lots of interesting characters and smart people as your coworkers.

Cons

You really do have to work. It is fast passed and can be high pressure. Its mostly 9 to 5, but project work is usually after hours and weekends. Technology is always changing and it is a challenge to keep skills relevant.

Advice to Management

Hire ahead of the curve.