ITA Audio Visual Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Mark Greene

1. "A/V Director"

Former Employee - Director of Audio Visual Services
    Former Employee - Director of Audio Visual Services

I worked at ITA Audio Visual Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work itself is fun if you enjoy managing Speakers, Cables, and learning about tech. Also, working along side of the hotel teams to improve the guest experience is a blast.

Cons

My location in specific and it took roughly 9 months to staff a part time person. During that time I was working on average 55 hour weeks.

Advice to Management

Make sure your hotel staff are taken care of and they don't get burnt out.

Aug 15, 2016 – President

Unfortunately finding competent help in some markets can be very difficult and this takes its toll on all involved. The company has to devote more time and resources (advertising, H/R, background ... More

2. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at ITA Audio Visual Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Each employee makes a difference!

Cons

We have limited in lot parking

Advice to Management

none

3. "ITA"

I have been working at ITA Audio Visual Solutions full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, Great employer matching for retirement & Profit Sharing.

Cons

On the lower end of the pay scale, Can be hard for regular employee's to have questions or concerns addressed by management.

Jun 27, 2016 – President

I'm sorry you are not receiving a timely response to your questions or concerns. If the problem persists please ask your Regional Manager or me. Thanks!

5. "Good for the time"

Current Employee - AV Technician in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - AV Technician in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Good People to work with and learn from

Cons

no room for growth, would benefit from more properties in the area

Jun 14, 2016 – President

Thanks for your feedback. I agree. We are always on the lookout for new properties and aggressively pursuing every opportunity we come across!

"Ehh"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at ITA Audio Visual Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable and effectively managed. Decent pay and benefits for the company size. Not that many opportunities to work in A/V in the region and this is one of the better ones.

Cons

Culture is very dogmatic and not particularly trusting. You MIGHT get a pat on the back for a job well done. You WILL get a chewing if anything goes wrong. Small company, not much opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Let people be people. Invest in them, give them your trust and support, and treat them like you want to be treated. They're more valuable than your equipment.

Mar 4, 2016 – President

This is apparently a "postmortem" review and I would like to think that if we had been aware of this person's issues beforehand his or her supervisor would have been more supportive...and he or she ... More

7. "Stable and dynamic workplace"

Current Employee - Sales in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at ITA Audio Visual Solutions full-time

Pros

The company has good employees with relatively little turnover. They offer profit sharing and good benefits and the clientele, particularly in the hotel services division, are best-in-class. Employees take pride in their performance and it is reflected in long time clients and a reputation for being tough but solid. They are solely owned and have no outside investors or debt and are therefore a stable and highly reliable employer.

Cons

Training could be improved on the technical side as well as the to augment personal development.

Advice to Management

Allow for more individual creative autonomy and decision making authority at the point of contact with customers.

Jul 9, 2014 – President

We try. :-) Thanks

8. "In 11 months here I've been very happy with my supervisor the benefits,support and flexability of the company."

Current Employee - Director of Audio Visual Services in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Director of Audio Visual Services in Columbus, OH

I have been working at ITA Audio Visual Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my position you work alone most of the time but there are other qualified technicians when you need help or coverage. You make your own work schedule. The work is a pretty good balance of physical and office work. Its a nice family owned and operated company, that seems very supportive.

Cons

There is a sesonal ebb and flow to this bussiness so some pay checks can be very low while others quite large,but that is just the nature of the beast. The starting wage is not outstanding but hope to have a better idea of the financial possibilities and an increase after my 1st year has past.

Advice to Management

Perhaps giving a clearer picture of future "in company oppurtunites" for advancement, relocation increase in hourly wage and other co. perks and possibilities

Mar 4, 2016 – President

We'll try and thank you for your review!

9. "Good Company To Work For."

I have been working at ITA Audio Visual Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ITA is a Family owned company. You deal directly with the owners, not tons of corporate levels. Very customer focused. Uo tp date equipment.

Cons

Hours can be stressfull. Both lack of or so many you can't keep up. A little below national average in pay. You can't have a part time job doing these positions being on call 24/7. Plus you never know when a group will not end on time or add equipment and you have to redo your schedule on the fly.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees. These people work hard to make your comany the best it can be. I think for a small company we deliver an amazing product.

Jul 28, 2014 – President

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad you'd recommend ITA to a friend but sorry you're not optimistic about our outlook :-(

10. "Great job, great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at ITA Audio Visual Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have met some of the most interesting people working here. I feel valued for what I do and we have great benefits.

Cons

Sometimes information gets lost a long the line.

:-) Thanks!

"A good company that I want to fall in love with."

Current Employee - DAVS
    Current Employee - DAVS

I have been working at ITA Audio Visual Solutions full-time

Pros

The benefits package is good. Decent insurance and a good 401K. A decent amount of PTO.

Having only worked on the hotel side of things, I can say that working in a field site gives you some independence and flexibility, in both how to do your job and with your hours. Support from corporate has always been good. They will do what they can to help you. Support from my regional manager and from other employees within my region is outstanding.

Cons

The biggest issue for me comes from working on the hotel side. You're treated as a red-headed step child by the hotel. You're expected to follow all of ITA's rules and the hotel's rules. You'll be treated like a member of the family by the hotel, right up until they either desperately need something for free or need a scapegoat. Oh, and if they don't think you're a good fit for the hotel anymore, or if the hotel GM just decides he just doesn't like you, then you're out.

Be prepared to work more than you expected to during the busy seasons. Events can change or even just pop up at the last moment.

Career advancement: If you work at a field site and you don't desire to move to Cincinnati, then your only chances at advancement comes from one of the regional managers leaving the company.

Incentives to excel: There is only one. Beat your revenue goals for the year and get an extra 1% wage increase at your yearly review. Other than that, there is nothing. Come in at #1 for customer service out of 350 hotels in your brand and you might get an email saying good job. Steal a $15,000 event from a competitor at the last moment and you might get an email. Consistently meet your labor to revenue goals and your only reward is being allowed to ignore the angry emails sent out each week.

You'll almost never see a tip. Even if you're absolutely the only thing the client enjoyed, their tips are handled through the hotel's bill. Which goes to banquet employees.

The only true reason to excel at ITA is because you take pride in what you do.

Advice to Management

Give us a reason to love our jobs and the company. I truly want to love working for ITA. If you want ITA to be a success, you need to make it so that your employees want that as well. Figure out some kind of inexpensive but rewarding bonus program. I'm not asking for a commission, just something that tells me you really really appreciate me. Gift cards to stores or restaurants always work. How about letting the regional managers take us out to dinner once a quarter?

The absolutely worst problem ITA has is it's morale. Please, PLEASE. Find some way to fix it. Make us love this company.

Jul 9, 2014 – President

Ironically our Directors started off salary + commission. It worked GREAT until we were audited by the DOL (Department of Labor). Sadly their position was it's against the law for a DAVS to be ... More