ITAU USA Asset Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great improvement"

Current Employee - Business Partner in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Partner in New York, NY

I have been working at ITAU USA Asset Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has upgraded the team and the new CEO has changed the game completed! Strong culture, open environment, you are not a number at this company

Cons

Focus on Latin America, still in growing mode, needs more international mindset, developing the business, consolidating some if the business lines

Advice to Management

Meritocracy needs to continue being applied.

2. "Analyst"

I have been working at ITAU USA Asset Management full-time

Pros

Overall good company to work for

Cons

Can be too conservative at times

Advice to Management

Give people more leeway to do their jobs

"STAY AWAY from this company! Terrible management"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at ITAU USA Asset Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits package but not so good compensation, awesome office space and location

Cons

Before I start this company review, there is a statement that I would like to share:
    If you want to find a decent job on the financial world, please, do your best to stay away from this company. Due to an unbelievably terrible management, this is one of the worst companies to work with in NYC.
    I was hired by this company in 2016. By that time, the management team was being restructured. Then, a couple months after my onboard, the company decided to bring in some people from Brazil in order to complete the management team. Some of these people from Brazil on the management team were consistently late for all meetings, and I ended up chasing them around the office to make sure that they would go to the meetings. I was even chasing people in the bathroom. When I say “late” I mean 30 to 40 minutes late in average. Some folks even acted like other people’s time was not important at all. Many times some meetings had to be rescheduled because some people were so late that there was no point on keeping that many employees from overseas waiting for 30 minutes for others to show up. Part of the management team was unable to respect everybody else’s schedule. On the top of that, some employees brought from Brazil for the management team here in NY have English skills way worse than the average for a management team of an international financial company, and they were not capable of exchanging ideas and hearing different opinions whatsoever. Their mind set is: “I am part of the management team, therefore, I am always right about everything.” Many times I saw people getting late for meetings because they were either speaking with their families on the phone about subjects non-related to the bank, or they were having extended talks with co-workers despite the fact that they were supposed to be in a conference room 30 minutes ago. I did what I could to keep doing my job the best way possible. However, by the beginning of 2017, I was told that the quality of my work was not enough for what they were expecting from me, and I was also told that I would receive a more detailed feedback soon. At that moment, I realized that no matter how hard I work, these people would never appreciate everything I have done for them since they came from Brazil and started working in NY. Before their arrival, everything was great! By the end of the day, if something went wrong, it was easier for them to blame me instead of blaming themselves and try to be a more respectful and more organized professionals. I know that these things happen on the corporate world, but I would never imagine that it would happen to me. Then, by the end of March of 2017, I was fired. Nobody even explained why I was being fired. There was no feedback. Couple weeks before that, I got feedbacks from many co-workers, and they were very positive! Many people were shocked, and they did not understand why I was fired. They saw my daily struggle to keep everything running smoothly despite of how messy the management team was, and of course, since everybody working there needs the money, they would never go on my defense when some people above them decide to fire someone they like. On the following week, they hired a replacement. Then, I learned that while I was still working at the bank, arrangements were made so some members from the management team could go to another office to conduct interviews to find a replacement. The new person has been working there ever since, and according to my resources, this person is messing everything up. In less than 5 months on the job, this person does not know how to use MS Outlook properly, already left the printer without tonners, also left the office running out of paper, and many meetings were cancelled due to this person’s bad scheduling skills. As a result, instead of losing his/her job, his/her job description has changed, and now, it entails much less responsibilities than mine. This person is only in charge of one member of the management team. I used to be in charge of all of the management team. Currently, the other members of the management team are being taken care of by the reception desk. Even people from other areas of the bank are formally complaining about the quality of this person’s job.
    However, what upsets me the most is the fact that I was replaced by someone not nearly as prepared as I am for the position, and a member of the management team likes him/her and protects him/her. This person’s job tasks are way easier than mine were since he/she is not in charge of the entire management team, and even doing a poor job and having some people complaining about the quality of his/her work, he/she is still working there. This is just like the injustice that we see in mainstream movies where there is an evil powerful person/king making the lives of his/her employees/servants a living hell. Unfortunately, this is reality in this company. I feel sorry about anyone else that has to work under this kind of management. Good people do not deserve this kind of toxic work environment. Many things are wrong on the Financial World, and I am 100% sure that management teams like the one at this company are part of the problem.
    This company offers a great benefits package, and they have a state of the art well located office. However, none of these things are more valuable than having a good work environment. This company does not provide that at all. Stay away!

4. "Portfolio Manager"

I worked at ITAU USA Asset Management full-time

Pros

Strong company with huge Latam coverage.

Cons

The company still needs to grow.

"Awful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at ITAU USA Asset Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Awful place to work. No Pros

Cons

Awful, simply awful. Would not recommend.

Advice to Management

Awful people. Play favorites

"Poor management"

I worked at ITAU USA Asset Management (More than 10 years)

Pros

Location is good and and and...I cannot find other good things.

Cons

Employees play against each other. Further, goals are not well designed, thus people get confused.

"Sick, Twisted and Licensed"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at ITAU USA Asset Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bank has every white shoe law firm on its payroll
    Notionally subject to U.S. Regulators
    Preferential hiring for the blind (willfully)
    Preferential hiring for aids (and a bettors)

Cons

Neither a bank nor a business. Organized activities.
    Alternatively, a zoo.
    Ven diagram of staff: Incompetent, Sleazy, Life Defect (with overlap)
    No convicts, but lots of a cons.
    Plush office space, large cap publicly held institution and sophisticated Brazilian charm create a mirage but a shallow one
    Scientists should observe the environment real time to advance anthropological theories about the individual and the power of denial, denial of denial and self-denial of Darwinian survival instincts

Advice to Management

At some point, all legal and political relators run for the hills. Your staff, your customers and your country hates you. Everyone pays the piper (not by related party cayman-based foundations)
    Cease characterizing yourselves as Management).

"Worst place to work ever! Stay away for your own health and mindset"

Former Employee - Senior in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior in New York, NY

Pros

Good benefits only that, money does not but you.

Cons

This company is like a huge government entity,expect politics, back stabbing, bureaucracy and bad attitude of management.

Advice to Management

Good luck if you would like to keep talents

"Global Latin American Bank"

I worked at ITAU USA Asset Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pristine offices by NY and Miami
    Work/Life balance
    Complimentary fresh fruit

Cons

No outgoing mail
    Language barrier
    Prehensile tail risk

10. "Ok"

Current Employee - Analyst in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Analyst in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Pros

Good environment with few deadlines

Cons

Low compensation, people are not very commited, lack of attitude and passion