ITC Service Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Tim Sauer

1. "Fiber Installer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at ITC Service Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A good group of fellow techs to with. Cool to learn new technology and current telecommunications trends. Good not to have to use personal vehicle, weekly paycheck ok, but for what is expected not very good pay rate

Cons

Information sharing and collaboration on projects dysfunctional. Leadership is very secretive and definitely, plays favorites. It is an uncomfortable work environment.

Advice to Management

Management needs to develop leadership skills instead of just being bosses;.meaning help subordinates develop skills, work collaboratively, and be given credit for ideas- a thank you or "job well done" once in a while would be nice.

Dec 13, 2016 – HR Employee Specialist

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Thank you, Kristin Edwards HR Employee Specialist

2. "HYPOCRITES"

Current Employee - Fiber Tech in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at ITC Service Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The money and getting paid every Friday is the only pro to this company

Cons

Management are a bunch of hypocrites. Supervisors and worker all came into work today, the day after our "Holiday" party HUNG-OVER AND STILL DRUNK! And it is ok to work like this? This is OK to drive company vehicles this way? NO! There was guy that was just in trouble, we thought he was fired, for this and then management turns around and allows this for everyone else? I am ashamed to say that I work for this company! Google and the new owners of ITC Service Group should be ashamed as well!

Advice to Management

Higher ups should take disciplinary action on ALL Supervisors and workers that came to work in this state today! If they don't, they are truly the hypocrites that I have stated that they are.

Dec 13, 2016 – HR Employee Specialist

Hello, In the future it is preferred that if you have a complaint about a coworker or a supervisor that you contact the HR department. If you feel someone is working under the influence, it should ... More

3. "Fiber Technician"

Current Employee - Fiber Tech in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at ITC Service Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weekly Pay , Company Vehicle and Benefits

I have to admit there are alot of incorrect reviews here. I have been to other companies that are flat out bad. If you work hard and stay out of trouble you will last with this company and move up. I have met the CEO and I must say he is a very cool guy. He is not snobby and will talk to you on the tech level. Great CEO!

Cons

Complaining fellow techs are the worse and drive down morale but will not hurt my feelings. The amount of gossip from men are off the charts. If you not happy with the work just leave. I would like Home garage pilot or something of that nature but not really a CON just opinion.

Advice to Management

You guys are great and I have never had complaints. I look forward to traveling with the company to any GF market they get if it is a possibility.

Aug 29, 2016 – HR Employee Specialist

Good afternoon, Thank you for the positive feedback. We are pleased you enjoy working for ITC. We do appreciate your hard work and dedication to the project. Keep that positive energy flowing ... More

"Technician"

Former Employee - Senior Broadband Service and Repair Technician in Aiea, HI
    Former Employee - Senior Broadband Service and Repair Technician in Aiea, HI

I worked at ITC Service Group (More than a year)

Pros

Good strong company. Has standard set of benefits expected of a good company. Would work there again

Cons

Nothing negative to share. They have locations across the United States. Ensure that you have all agreements in writing as the company has several locations

Jun 7, 2016 – HR Employee Specialist

Good afternoon, Thank you for the positive feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed working for ITC. Thank you, Kristin Edwards HR Employee Specialist

"Good Company, Needs more involvement from management down"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Grove, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Grove, UT

I worked at ITC Service Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Good clients. Good people.

Cons

Needs more involvement from management down.
    Middle management needs help. Two distinct cultures. Upper Management and lower management have two personalities. Upper Management is a family and enjoys working together. Middle management separates the company in half from the field. The field struggles for resources and help while middle management makes them selves look good to upper management by "saving money" when really they are not getting the field what they need to succeed.
    Health benefits SUCK. takes an entire weekly paycheck to pay for insurance.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. You hired them because they are good at their job. Give them ALL the tools they need to be successful and let them do the work.

Mar 11, 2016 – HR Employee Specialist

Good afternoon, Thank you for the feedback, it has been passed on to management. Thank you, Kristin Edwards HR Employee Specialist

"Beware!"

Former Employee - Fiber Tech in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Fiber Tech in Kansas City, MO

I worked at ITC Service Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fellow techs are friendly and helpful and typically have each others back in a jam. Weekly pay.

Cons

Corrupt management. No work/life balance. No sick days. Weak benefits. You are literally the backbone in which Google Fiber relies on, but you won't be treated as such. You will be stuck with split days off for the unforeseeable future with no prospect of that ever changing, working on either Saturday or Sunday. HR lies about not having a pay cap and does not inform the potential employee in order to meet target quota. It is normal to wait 6 months to a year AFTER your review date for a raise/review, which in a lot of cases came out to the amount of 25 cents. There is very poor morale because of this. Management consists of a good ol' boys club that holes themselves up in an office until 4PM, unless there is a meeting or they have to bail out a tech they failed to train properly. They are the "One-Minute Manager" type that come off as very snarky and disingenuous. Because of this, there is NO possibility of moving up in the company, unless you're the schmoozy, suck-up type, a relative of someone in management, or wait for one of them to get fired for misconduct. Management is known for using intimidation tactics in order to get a desired outcome. They will happily cut you loose if it meant saving their own skin.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You're doing a fine job digging your own hole with all the lawsuits stacking up!

Mar 11, 2016 – HR Employee Specialist

Hello, We wish that before negative reviews are posted that employees would take the time to contact HR with issues that may be happening in the project offices so that we have a chance to address ... More

"Hopefully, an unbiased review."

Current Employee - Fiber Network Field Technician in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Fiber Network Field Technician in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at ITC Service Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The starting pay, even for someone without experience is higher than average for the industry.

- Job is easier than other cabling jobs. As of right now, all fiber drops are at the house. No burying or gaffing required. Vast majority of houses already have cable present, so a lot of times you just show and reuse what is already there.

- ITC, as of right now, does not follow other cable providers by giving their techs 8 jobs a day. Most days techs work 2-3 jobs a day. On very rare occasions, you might pick up a 4th job. Not bad in the grand scheme of things.

- Steady 40 hours a week. Even during a slow day, someone will find something for you to do so you get your 40.

- You get off work at 4 everyday, save the few days you might go into overtime. Usually management is good about getting people to your jobs to minimize how long you have to stay over.

Cons

- ITC has benefits that leave a bit to be desired. Health insurance is expensive, especially for families. There has been some changes within the last year that have attempted to reduce the premium but it is still high.

- Vacation is accrued starting at 6 months. At a year I have 2 and a half days. Just so you know.

- Getting time off is difficult, ITC requires a 4 week, minimum, notice. If you are looking for a Saturday off, dream on. However, my manager would work with me to try and get the time off.

-Expect a split shift. Because Saturday and Sundays are so busy, a very small portion of people get the M-F shift. Most work either Saturday or Sunday plus a day in the middle of the week.

- The job can be physical at times, but you knew that right? Heights are very much a reality, a lot of people have offices on the second floor so expect to pull out the extension ladder and use it. Summers are hot, especially in the attics, and winters are cold.

-At the end of the day, mandatory overtime was not the best situation but it is the nature of the industry. It is what to be expected with a popular product such as Google Fiber.

Advice to Management

-ITC needs to work on benefits. I realize that ITC has a "competitive" benefits package in their eyes, but it is keeping good employees from sticking around. The first time someone gets offered a job that also comes with 2 weeks vacation and sick time...ITC will not stand a chance.

- Sick time would be nice. Even just a couple days.

Jan 25, 2016 – HR Employee Specialist

Hello, Thank you for the feedback. Every year we try to improve our employee benefits as the company continues to grow. Thank you, Kristin Edwards HR Employee Specialist

"Google Fiber Installer"

Current Employee - Installation Specialist in Edwardsville, KS
    Current Employee - Installation Specialist in Edwardsville, KS

I have been working at ITC Service Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best training program I have ever heard of, great place to gain experience.
    Friendly customers, decent pay rate. Managed by people that treat well.
    Guaranteed to work 40 hour weeks, 8 hour days.

Cons

Feels like a big corporation from time to time, 4 week minimum notification for vacation time. No student reimbursement available, 401k is not matched. Vacation time is minimal

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, give us either more pay or better employee benefits. Everything else is absolutely perfect. Couldn't ask for better management.

Dec 14, 2015 – HR Employee Specialist

Hello, Thank you for the positive feedback. Every year we try to improve our employee benefits as the company continues to grow. Thank you, Kristin Edwards HR Employee Specialist

"Mandatory Overtime"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, KS

I have been working at ITC Service Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady 40 hours per week and Overtime on approval. Decent pay for what we put up with in the field. Good benefits package (if your single). Keeps me busy. Off by 4!

Cons

Not many cons except recently in the past few day mandatory overtime has went into effect and I no longer get my sundays...bunch of bs if you ask me!

Advice to Management

Make it a six day work week yeah sure fine whatever i will do it! But now i cant see my wife or have a relaxing day because the only day i get off is in the middle of the freaking week! We have family just like everyone behind a desk! Some men and women that are techs have kids...making them work sundays is like taking away their life. Now they cannot see their kids because they are in school during the week and they dont get even one day out of the weekend with them! And one more thing if we are being forced to work 6 days a week all of the managers should have to work as well! Just my two cents from a very very upset employee!!!!! I know i am not the only one thinking this in kansas city! I just so happen to care about myself and all the other hard working employees! Unlike management!

Dec 22, 2015 – HR Employee Specialist

Hello, As you know the work has picked up in Kansas City for our client which is great for the Kansas City, MO and KS markets. In turn that does mean more hours for all of our employees including ... More

"Google Fiber Installer not what its cracked up to be."

Former Employee - Installation Specialist in Independence, MO
    Former Employee - Installation Specialist in Independence, MO

I worked at ITC Service Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Start at $16-18 (my paychecks were 500 a week. Unless you live very cheaply, there is not a lot left over after bills). Opportunity for raises at 6 months and 1 year. Benefits. Off by 4.

Cons

Constant stress. Very corporate environment. Treat technicians as expendable. I personally never got the year review I was promised (with an opportunity for a raise). 50/50 Chance of getting a break during your 8 hour shift but you are required to clock out to take one anyway. Mandatory 6 day work weeks (with paid over time) for this holiday season. They also took away the extra days we were getting off around Christmas. Earlier this year my schedule was forcibly changed from monday through friday to saturday through wednesday so bye bye social life. Working in extreme weather. Company does not match what you put in your 401k.

Advice to Management

Start treating technicians, (you know, the guys who are actually connecting and maintaining new customers for google to sit back and rake in money from) like human beings.

Dec 29, 2015 – HR Employee Specialist

Hello, I am sorry that you feel the way you do about your job and about ITC. We value our technicians and know that all of you work hard to maintain a positive image for ITC and our client. Being ... More