ITEC Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Exciting Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at ITEC Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible, family atmosphere. Good benefits, competitive pay for most positions. Most managers are great. The company cares about it's employees. They've made some positive changes with new hires in the last 6 months, including HR.

Cons

Communication (company-wide) and from managers could improve. There are no regular reviews.

Advice to Management

Meet with us regularly, communicate expectations, provide feedback.

2. "An Experience Driven Company a Step Above the Rest"

Former Contractor - Designer in Orlando, FL
    Former Contractor - Designer in Orlando, FL

I worked at ITEC Entertainment as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great staff, super talented, fun and incredibly dedicated. They have definitely put Creative front and center. The creative leads are inspiring and care about their staff which makes for a very great day to day experience.

Cons

As with most successful private companies it is clear the principals could be a bit more sincere to their full-time staff who put long hours and work incredibly hard.

Advice to Management

I have been working for ITEC on and off for 12 years. The negative reviews are definitely by those who could not cut the grade and feel they need to poke back. this is a place creative types can thrive. The owners simply needs to be more heartfelt with their people.

Jul 23, 2018 – HR & Benefits Manager

Thank you for your hard work with, and for, ITEC and your feedback!

"A Completely Horrible Experience that I never wish to admit to"

Former Contractor - Designer
    Former Contractor - Designer

I worked at ITEC Entertainment as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The location is not horrible.

Cons

Absolutely everything. The company itself has terrible design practices. I don't think they ever intend to build the designs they come up with. They haven't built anything worthwhile in about a decade. They con their clients into designs that are impractical or impossible to build at any price.

The best example I have is a massive building they intended to cover in rockwork and artificial foliage. After the client agreed to the design, Itec said they had to make the building shorter for budget reasons. Then the physical rockwork became physical at the bottom and paint treatment above. Then all paint. Then simply just a grey wall, no special paint treatment, no dimensional rockwork.

I felt objectified as a woman. It is a miserable working environment led by a sexist. Unless you are a toothpick of a woman, management does not want you as an associate designer. And unless you are a middle-aged male, there is no room for promotion.

In an office of about 40 people, there are two guys under age 30. And about three females over age 30.

If you are skinny enough to get a full-time position, they expect you to work ungodly hours and their benefits are completely unobtainable.

I feel bad giving all of these Ratings one-star, but it is true. The actual owners are personable, but they usually are only in the office a couple times a week.

Advice to Management

Fire your day-to-day management. You have more talented people who are forced to take background jobs to avoid dealing with certain individuals

Jul 23, 2018 – HR & Benefits Manager

I started in October 2017, so I can only respond based on what I've experienced since then. ITEC prides itself on designing projects that are innovative, realistic, and buildable. We offer a... More

"Awesome Company"

I worked at ITEC Entertainment full-time

Pros

Great employees and management; laid back environment that encourages creativity

Cons

It's a smaller company so jobs aren't always secure

Jul 23, 2018 – HR & Benefits Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We're always working on managing our project portfolio and hiring practices to ensure our regular employees have ample workflow.

5. "Project Manager"

I have been working at ITEC Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good place to work.

Cons

I don't do cons. sorry.

Advice to Management

None.

Jul 23, 2018 – HR & Benefits Manager

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it!

"Excellent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

1. Excellent work environment and very creative staff.
    2. Senior Management is fair and transparent.
    3. Pay is good and benefits are strong for a small company.

Cons

Like with many project related industries staff moves up and down based in the work.

Jul 23, 2018 – HR & Benefits Manager

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it!

"Worst creative work experience - EVER"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at ITEC Entertainment as a contractor

Pros

- The office is close to home and the parks
    - The original Tech group, which remains a highly respected team, is separate from the Creative group

Cons

-No team work - the "creative" studio is NOT a creative environment but it's instead a shark tank baited with the possibility of future work and where everyone is in a completion
    -No creative collaboration - just do what you are told and do not think. It's a constant revolving door so you will not be around long enough to make any meaningful contribution to any element, scene, attraction, area, park or project no matter how much you suck up or do what you are told.
    -No respect for contractors - this group only intends to use people on short term/on call/ no strings attached contracts no matter who tells you otherwise and your only leverage to gain future work is if you are paid low$ and can be billed out high$$$
    -No HR department - Intentionally! No matter who tells you otherwise or what title you see on anyone's cubical
    -No creative integrity - IMO this group views the creative process as solely subjective, arbitrary fluff that anyone should be able to do and make major money at, right!?!
    -No trust or honesty - (see above) i.e. you will never be part of them

Advice to Management

Stick to the TECH - focus your money, time and efforts on R&D to invent cutting edge tech for the industry's future - it's what you know and do best

Jul 23, 2018 – HR & Benefits Manager

I've been in the HR role since January 2018, and more recently in an HR Manager role. My job is to recruit and develop talent, oversee compliance, as well as ensure our workforce is happy and... More