KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

ITHAKA

Engaged Employer

ITHAKA

Add a Review

ITHAKA Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Oct 12, 2020

Found 3 of over 71 reviews

4.5
Pros
  • "Non-profit, transparent management, great benefits, interesting work(in 8 reviews)

• "Everyone takes work-life balance pretty seriously; I was never pushed to work more hours than I was comfortable(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Pay is slightly low compared to the profit-companies but can be understood as it is non-profit(in 3 reviews)

• "I struggled with upper management(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Mission driven organization, decent place to work.

Oct 12, 2020 - Support
      Business Outlook

Pros

Generally nice people. It is nice to work for an organization that strives to improve educational resources for our world, rather than be driven by a profit motive. Good compensation, for a non-profit.

Cons

Poor internal communication about where to focus energies. Groups don’t talk to each other. Upper management can act in elitist manner. Not much room for career growth.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great benefits

Jan 19, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, caring organization, I loved my colleagues: very intelligent, capable people.

Cons

I struggled with upper management. Organization grew too fast for me and felt like it struggled with it's identity: academia, nonprofit, technology. This may all be different now.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

JSTOR Developer

Dec 14, 2015 - Software Developer in Ann Arbor, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, interesting work, good business model

Cons

Disfunctional work culture, despite the best of intentions by upper management. The development staff is not an equal partner in strategic decisions.

Continue reading