ITP Select Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Lied to every step"

Former Employee - Resourcer/Recruiter in Bromley, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Resourcer/Recruiter in Bromley, England (UK)

I worked at ITP Select full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gets you out of the house, some staff members were supportive. If you live in bromley it's local. I can't really think of much more.

Cons

Poor idea of how to run a company.
    Directors are dishonest and can't wait for you to trip.
    Penny pinch as much as they can.
    Wasn't there for long but the staff turnover was amazing, revolving door policy.
    They make fake profiles with pics of good looking girl to attract male adds on LinkedIn. Very dishonest.

Advice to Management

Be honest and cultivate? Not push as many people through so you can get rid of quickly to make as much money off their back as you can.

2. "Don't work here"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bromley, England (UK)

Pros

Great commission structure (if you get onto it - you will start on a trainee structure)
    The occasional lunch out.

Cons

You will be micromanaged by the directors.
    You will be given contrasting information by senior mangement.
    Terrible recruitment structure - some of the people hired were never going to make it past the first few weeks.
    Fickle, dishonest and 'back stabbing' atmosphere between staff, probably the reason the staff retention is so low.
    Contrasting information from training to actually doing the job.
    Prepare to be embarrassed for any mistakes, particularly as a new starter.
    Read & challenge the employer contract if you're not happy with it.
    From my experience, they will try to get away with paying as little as possible for as long as possible and try to make it sound reasonable. Particularly true if you leave the company, they will find anything they can to deduct from your pay.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging your employees.
    Restructure your recruitment strategy.
    Pay people their worth.
    Eradicate the terrible office atmosphere.

3. "Clear Career Structure"

I worked at ITP Select full-time

Pros

Good incentives with a clear career structure and obtainable performance based progression. I carry the view that ITP Select provided a very unique workplace environment.

Cons

A very challenging career, the fast pace is definitely not for everyone. This was transparent with certain new recruits failing to adhere to the level you would expect with this line of work. The recruitment model in use at the time of my employment required a bit of work to filter these recruits out.

Advice to Management

If the same recruitment hiring model is in place, higher staff retention could be achieved by looking into restructuring this.

5. "ITP Select Review"

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Bromley, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Bromley, England (UK)

I worked at ITP Select full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Outstanding training: Impressed with the opportunities to continue personal development.

- Competitive salary: lots of bonuses and perks. (Large variety of staff events!)

- Impressive international client base: The ability to create long term professional relationships with clients gave a desire and drive to succeed.

Cons

- KPIs: To reassure clients that high standards were met, a very strict policy was in place. Not a huge negative for me, but I could see why some recruiters did not favour these standards based on their work ethics.

"ITP gave me a big chance where others didn't"

Current Employee - Human Resources & Talent Manager in Bromley, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Human Resources & Talent Manager in Bromley, England (UK)

I have been working at ITP Select part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Flexibility to accommodate part time as I have kids
    - Gave me a chance to show what I could do and did not pass judgement on my work history
    - Willing to spend time training me into the role of internal HR & Talent Manager
    - The current recruitment model is really paying off with 2 consecutive 'record' months!

Cons

It can be difficult to find people that buy into the long term plans and culture within ITP. Most people are very short term and seem to think that recruitment is somewhere to make a quick buck, rather then building a long lasting and professional career.

ITP's culture is very different to other recruitment companies and so the idea of the 'typical recruiter' is not something you will find here. Anyone that fits that bill will not last long with ITP as our clients do not tolerate unprofessional conduct, you have to work to a higher level and a lot of people are unable to do that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, keep the training courses ongoing and keep with the current recruitment model.

"Company on the up...."

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Bromley, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Bromley, England (UK)

Pros

- Good commission scheme
    -Good working environment, very relaxed, lots of benefits like free holidays and days out
    -Investment in employees in the office and training plus meetings abroad
    -flexibility of work life balance

Cons

-company tried to grow too quickly and resulted in bad decision making on hiring

Advice to Management

Keep the quality of hiring up to keep growing

"A great place to grow"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bromley, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bromley, England (UK)

I have been working at ITP Select full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very fun day to day
    A lovely team who all work and play together
    The incentives are great, for example spent all day last Thursday at the races with VIP hospitality
    Really supportive to help grow your desk

Cons

There was an open door on hiring previously but thankfully this has stopped now

Advice to Management

Choose nice people to grow the team lease

"ITP Select are fair, fun and forward thinking"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Bromley, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Bromley, England (UK)

Pros

Friendly, fun, and the earning potential is also really really good :-)
    Work hard you will be rewarded

Cons

The advent of social media. ITP Select use it a lot, as do others in this industry. It's not their fault, its how things are

I just don't like it :-)

Advice to Management

Keep on innovating, that's your strength

ITP Select Response

Aug 4, 2015 – HR Manager

Many thanks for the post. It’s good to get constructive feedback which will be used to improve processes further. Making Social Media more user friendly for those of us who don’t know a ‘LinkedIn ... More

"Perfectly matched the stereotype of a cowboy recruitment agency."

I worked at ITP Select full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

May be better than being on the dole... but I'm not entirely sure of that.

Cons

This company promises you the world when you interview, saying you'll be on 60k plus at the end of your first year. This is a lie, the business operates very "hand to mouth" and has no real client base to speak of. So in the end they just chuck "consultants" with no experience out into the marketplace to try and find their way.

They fit that perfect stereotype of a cowboy recruitment agency, micro-managing to the nth degree, shouting, swearing and even being racist towards employees. Watching their every move, listening to their every call. It's hard enough to get by in the recruitment world as it is, especially in such a hostile environment with a company that doesn't have the tools or the reputation to be successful. The remuneration is abysmal and the "benefits" none existent.

Dreading work is something that no one should endure, sure Monday mornings are bad but working at ITP would hang over your head over an entire weekend or holiday to the point where you couldn't enjoy yourself.

In the time I was there I saw eight other consultants come and go in less than a year. Seeing grown men/women reduced to tears. I really can't put to words how bad this place is, you'll be poor and miserable if you work here.

Advice to Management

Pay someone to manage your company, you clearly don't have the competence to do it yourselves. Bullying other employees because you are dissatisfied with your own miserable lives isn't going to help you.

"they should be aptly named the confidence shredders"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bromley, England (UK)

I worked at ITP Select full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only positive was that I didn’t spent more than one year of my life under such vile, repulsive human beings. The management especially with absolutely no guidance and the ability to shred someone’s confidence in seconds with their one to one “pep talks”. The directors are by far the most vile human beings I have had the displeasure to meet

Cons

Whilst working at ITP I was made to feel like I was worthless I would never succeed and that I would need there management to ever survive in recruitment. Since leaving ITP I have blossomed and been able to Secure 3 Tier 1 banks and Asset Management companies as clients.

Advice to Management

The management are vile and quite frankly bullys. closing the company would probably help to save many aspiring recruitment consultant's of their confidence