ITsavvy Reviews | Glassdoor

Mike Theriault

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Perfect fit"

I have been working at ITsavvy full-time

Pros

I had been weighing coming over to ITsavvy in some capacity for a long time. I’ve been impressed by their strong brand & reputation within the vendor community. Shortly after I arrived, I knew coming ITsavvy was one of the best decisions I’ve made. The commission plan, marketing efforts & sales tools are all great. Above all, the people are fantastic. I believe a big piece of being successful is being on a team of smart & ambitious co-workers. In that regard, the amount of talent here is staggering.
    This year there were a number of major improvements that were driven by employee suggestions. The Addison office was made over & the dress code was relaxed.

Cons

Communication has improved recently, but all departments & divisions need to buy in.

Advice to Management

Continue to take feedback seriously & communicate. I realize for a larger company that change will never be fast, but if things are rolled out correctly up front it helps avoid confusion down the line.

2. "Clueless"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at ITsavvy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They give free breakfast once in a while.

Cons

Management is clueless. They never worked in IT and just plain dont understand it.

Advice to Management

Hire from the ground up, not friends and family.

"Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Client Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Client Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at ITsavvy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started back in April of 2006. I came from a company who was a lot bigger and did not provide me with the opportunity to grow as a client executive. Starting at ITsavvy back then, was one of the best decisions I made in my life.

ITsavvy gives their client executives the freedom to grow our business, tools to succeed and the resources to fight the everyday battles.

The commission structure is fantastic. I know it is much higher than my previous company. We also receive work from home benefits based on our sales. Those are two important parts of any sales organization.

By being in sales, resources are a huge aspect of a client executives day. Not only do we have engineers at ITsavvy, but we also have manufacturers that we can reach out to, as well as each distributor has specialty groups that can assist with questions or client projects.

Working at a company with the business model we have is a great benefit. We talk to the distributors on a daily basis, form working relationships and can discuss issues that arise. A lot of companies, the client executives have no idea where the product is coming from. We also ship from 30+ warehouses across the country. Not only does that provide more stock, but also quicker turnaround to our clients.

Management at any company is key. Being here almost 11 years, I have seen some managers come and go. The current group of managers are the best group, I have ever seen at ITsavvy. There seems to be a cohesiveness with managerial styles as well as communication between them.

In closing, I have seen some people come and go. You know the people who don't put the effort in and then think the grass is greener on the other side. Then go to a competitor and feel like they will do better because it was the companies fault. But like any job, if you don't put the effort in, you will not succeed. ITsavvy has all the tools, resources and pay structure for someone to be successful. A lot more than most companies in this industry.

Cons

I think a nice change would be casual clothes each day to work. We do have casual Friday's but I think a change would be nice.

One big perk for the past 11 years has been the yearly Presidents Club trip. It was a trip that rewarded representatives that met a certain goal an opportunity to go on vacation with everyone who made it. Airfare/Hotel and some meals were included. Over the years, certain things have been reduced. Whether it be the number of days or meals included. Also recently the tiers to make the trip have been increased. Now I will agree, there needed to be a change, but not such a drastic one. It makes a lot of reps, feel that it just isn't that special anymore.

Also, I know the sales representatives bring in the money from clients. And being a sales organization, the reps are key. BUT there are a lot of more people that work at our company and help us as client executives be successful. I often feel like they get neglected a bit. There should be a trip or weekend getaway for other departments. The client associates, the client assistants, rma department, payroll, human resources, recruiting and anyone I may have missed. It is more than just client executives who make the day run smoothly or bring success to the company. Those people need to be treated the same way as invaluable assets to ITsavvy and their work to be rewarded like the client executives are.

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Addison, IL
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Addison, IL

I have been working at ITsavvy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the things I appreciate about working here is that I have direct access to my co-workers, my manager and even the EVP daily. As the Talent Acquisition Specialist, this allows me to create relationships within my team and with those in other departments to really understand the depths of who ITsavvy is at the core.

It’s exciting to be apart of a company that allows me to plan events that boost employee moral, show employee appreciation, all along still having the freedom to create my own career path.

Cons

One of the biggest challenges I personally face is the lack of communication between departments. Although, I do have to admit this has gotten better in the last few months after hiring some great new managers.

Also, I was slightly disappointed that we aren’t allowed to wear jeans everyday and the office in Addison could use some work to make it more appealing.

"Great company with tremendous growth!"

Current Employee - Senior Client Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Client Executive

I have been working at ITsavvy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Growing company with many professional services available. One of the best compensation plans in the VAR space . 5 star vacations when sales numbers are hit. Annual client golf outing at an exclusive country club . Work from home incentives when quarterly sales goals are achieved. Monthly and quarterly contests to win cash prizes or products. You have free reign on what you want to target; whether it would be specific verticals, regions or industries. Plenty of resources available at your disposal for managed services and engineering. Management and peers are very helpful.

Cons

The corporate office should consider a modern remodel to mimic other new locations. The positives far out weight the negatives. Like any growing company there will be some challenges but management is supportive as long as you're putting forth the effort.

Advice to Management

Promote more from within.

"CE"

Current Employee - Client Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ITsavvy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a SALES org. Sky's the limit. No babysitting. 100% personal accountability expected. No hand holding. Profit is what drives management (and should be driving the CE's too.) Some help is available as long as you're honest with your shortcomings and sincerely seeking assistance. Other CE's are great. Some are very supportive, and many highly knowledgable.

Cons

Somewhat silly CE profit "adjustments" in regards to legitimate client expenses. Other than that, its really no different than others in the biz, and management is supportive as long as you are producing and/or putting in effort and covering your base.

"You make want you want of it."

Current Employee - Client Executive in Addison, IL
    Current Employee - Client Executive in Addison, IL

I have been working at ITsavvy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

For the most part they leave you alone. You have the freedom to build your own book of business with uncapped commissions. It's not easy but you can make as much as based on how hard you work. If you put the effort in you will get rewarded. Plus spiffs are good too. you get to keep all spiffs and backend dollars come back as gp to your book. Every place has its problems and weird things so you have to look past that. Their is no reason why you shouldn't be at six figures plus within 3-4 years.

Cons

lots of weird things you need to look past. You are for the most part on your own and you won't feel like you are truly supported until you have some good success under your belt. Benefits quality is average in comparison to other places but they do pay a good portion of your healthcare premium.

Advice to Management

Hire more from within and look deeper into your existing talent pool

"NOC Engineer"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at ITsavvy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close to my home, that's about it.

Cons

To many to list here

Advice to Management

Give people what you promised

"Excellent Group to Work with, Great Training"

Current Employee - Associate Systems Engineer in Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Systems Engineer in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at ITsavvy full-time

Pros

The Helpdesk/NOC Techs and Engineers are some of the funnest people to be around. They are extremely knowledgeable, very team-oriented, and always want to do the right thing. I am unfortunately leaving the company after just less than a year - however, it was my first official role in the IT industry after years of being the unofficial "go to guy." The Director of Managed Services hired me immediately into the Engineering team, and in my short time here has allowed me to fully own my role. Being surrounded with experts and others at various levels furthered my knowledge quickly, and was the perfect fit for someone who wants to dive straight into the deep end of managed services IT. My Director was always very supportive and communicative, always had my back, and was flexible when I needed something. The knowledge and training he imparted combined with the day-to-day challenges propelled me to being able to find a similar but more advanced role out of state when my wife was offered a position.

Cons

Hard to say given my limited time with the company. The organization is still going through many changes and improvements, and is facing some challenges as a natural outflow of those changes. At no point was I ever inconvenienced or unhappy with my role and function.

Advice to Management

Continue to increase sensitivity and awareness to documentation and communication needs between divisions. Also continue to invest in global tools to standardize documentation and and enhancing procedure to provide a pleasant client experience.

"Avoid like the plague!!!"

Former Employee - Client Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Client Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at ITsavvy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many of my coworkers were great.

Cons

This company's culture and leadership are stuck in a different decade. Horrible leadership on all levels. Sales people have to clock-in and clock out every day, like steel workers. I would not wish this job on my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Retire or move on to another company. Your the worst.