Iberostar Hotels & Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 10, 2019

3.6
Iberostar Hotels & Resorts CEO Aurelio Vázquez
Aurelio Vázquez
  1. "My experience was very good i always dream to go back there to work"

Former Employee - Server/Waitress in Montego Bay

I worked at Iberostar Hotels & Resorts part-time

Pros

Why because they have a good hospitality, they welcome you to the family,they always looked out for each other and also they always show you that your always appreciated

Cons

Well i was accused by one of the workers that i stole a dollar

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work....

Iberostar Hotels & Resorts2019-12-11
  2. "Ventas"

Former Employee - Ventas in Palma de Mallorca

I worked at Iberostar Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing culture, great people

Cons

HQ on an island, but if you like it great!

Advice to Management

They are doing amazing

Iberostar Hotels & Resorts2019-10-03
  3. "Worst company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Iberostar Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros in iberostar

Cons

Everything about iberostar is a con

Iberostar Hotels & Resorts2019-06-17
  4. "Best hotel I’ve been ! With service, hospitality, dedicated, the experience was awesome."

I worked at Iberostar Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Service, dedication, hospitality, attention, humanity

Cons

Too good , always happy , good service, honesty .

Advice to Management

Please keep improving your sites , take care of them always , they are beautiful.

Iberostar Hotels & Resorts2019-05-27

"Bad Coolaborators"

Former Employee - Management

I worked at Iberostar Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Payments on time but with minor errors

Cons

Bad Managerial behavior, Manipulation of results,

Iberostar Hotels & Resorts2019-04-01

"Receptionist"

I worked at Iberostar Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

There is absolutely nothing good about this job

Cons

The team I worked with was awful. No one helped each other and it was all about talking behind each others´ back. All the promises they make are empty. Like the rewards you technically will get for your upwellings as well as the schedule you get. Sometimes I did not even have a 7 hour break between my two shifts.

Advice to Management

A big change is needed in this corporation as they do not care at all about the wellbeing of the employees and they only focus on profit.

Iberostar Hotels & Resorts2018-10-22

""Entertainment""

Former Employee - Entertainer in Palma de Mallorca

I worked at Iberostar Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

There was nothing positive to say about this.

Cons

This company uses fear and bullying as methods to teach. I went to a training in Mallorca on 2018. All the bosses were there from the company so you might be shocked when you read further. Before training I had to buy two pages of clothes, shoes and underwears and also flights to the training and to the workplace. These cost about 450 euros. They first told me that the flights are paid back, but later they told me that they voluntarily give the flight tickets if you can stay for the whole season. “Welcome day”: Some of the people were forgotten to the airport and some had to wait 4 hours for someone to pick them up. We had no information who was going to pick us up, from where and what time? We did not have no phone number to ask anything. The days were 14 hours longs with no reasonable break. My role was to be a singer/pianist and as a kid`s club host. In the first day we got a list about rules and an “welcoming speech” which started with a rule list. “Do not wear a hat or sun classes during the work (in spain it can be +40 degrees), if you don`t have a name tag you won`t eat” For the first day I was asked to danced many hours (also other days) in the sun, without telling beforehand so I had normal clothes and no water. There was a girl who had an injury in the leg - doctor told her she should not even walk. Our boss knew this, but the girl had to dance even she got the injury and she came there to be a person who makes the lights and sounds. They put us dance and put color stickers to our name tags. They separate us to good and bad one`s. You had to wear it so other people could see it. I was supposed to learn 44 choregraphies in a short time. I thought I was going to plan activities with children and to perform? I was wrong. They were asking me to be a musician, dancer, disco host (included dancing, speaking in 4 languages, singing and hosting), kid`s club host (included 60 themes and lines etc.) During the week we had no timetable. In the lectures and learning games people were embarased and bullied. Things you got penalty: If you came to the table as a last one (not even late), you forgot your notebook/phone somewhere, talked etc. The penalty could be 1 hour more dancing (think if you would be dancing already 5 hours/day. One day one girl had a name tag under a shirt, but you could see it. She told it is under a bra. She was told to take the shirt off in front of 50 people. She was a girl who had penalty one night before. We had games where we went outside and yelled. We went to a circle and a boss told us that now one at a time yells in front of a big group. There were girls with quiet voices and they were supposed to yell as hard as they could. “They yelled many times loud and after every yell they were told that that is not yelling” and the leader told:” Yell again, again´, again..” Every night we were dancing and given “motivation speeches (where the boss was telling how you should be doing (speak 4 languages, put 100% to this, they admired a person who lost her voice in a job). In these speeches they also spoke about in what cases (a lot of reasons) you need to go home. I was told on tuesday that I will be singing on the stage on saturday (to the trainers 120 and hotel guests) in a musical the lion king. I was excited. Then I heard I will be the only singer on the stage and I should be singing 6 songs in spanish (I could only speak few sentences) and also tomorrow you will be performing in a restaurant on your lunch break. I had also these other stuff (dancing, learning languages/choreographies, lectures, games etc.). I had no piano to practice, no lyrics in spanish and no printer to print these lyrics. I slept nothing on the nights (we were told nights are the time to do the homework).Bosses were looking every move we made and we were told that if boss comes to you and asks how are you. You have to say good, even you are feeling terrible. One day dancing i almost fainted because of dancing in the sun without a water. I could not say anything. I tried to sing few days, but I had no voice left, because of dancing, not sleeping, not resting, yelling games etc. One day in the evening I started to cry in front of a group. I remember I thought: “My body cannot take this anymore. I cannot sing or dance no more, I need to leave””One of the boses came to ask me if I was alright. I had to say yes of course. She told me to take a minute and then come in to the room. I was crying on the stairs really tired and thinking I cannot take this anymore. I was thinking:” I left from my job and home for this work. I bought this list of clothes and flights. Was it for nothing?” The bigger boss came out and asked what was wrong. I was crying and told him I cannot dance or sing anymore. He told me he sees this breaking on everyone and in every training they have each year. So he was basically telling that everyone breaks there and they knew it? They also told me maybe I will be working in another city than I was told before.(One week before they asked me to buy to flights to this city.) They justified their act with a different culture. In the training many of the people told me that the company did not promised a job for them after the training. In the training you did not recieve no salary. I LEFT FROM THIS COMPANY, BECAUSE YOU LOSE YOURSELF IN THERE AND ALSO YOU MIGHT HAVE TO BULLY OTHER PEOPLE. THEY DID NOT HELP ME TO ARRANGE MY WAY TO HOME COUNTRY. THEY ARE COLD HEARTED PEOPLE.

Iberostar Hotels & Resorts2018-05-17
  8. "Great one"

Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Palma de Mallorca

I have been working at Iberostar Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fantastic team and company's projects

Cons

Not any cons comes to my mind

Iberostar Hotels & Resorts2018-03-02

"Software engineer"

I worked at Iberostar Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Location, work with some of the best partners in the area and learn from them

Cons

Salary, toxic internal environment, and lack of common sense

Iberostar Hotels & Resorts2018-01-12

"If I had known earlier, I would not have applied"

Former Employee - Guest Services

I worked at Iberostar Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good salary which was paid on time.

Cons

Each opinion is subjective, but as far as I am concerned this is not my place. I am used to work in 5 Star hotels and I had to learn by working that this is not my place.

Iberostar Hotels & Resorts2017-06-24