Iceland Foods "10 discount" Reviews | Glassdoor

Iceland Foods Employee Reviews about "10 discount"

Updated Aug 22, 2019

Found 642 reviews

3.1
Iceland Foods CEO Malcolm C. Walker
Malcolm C. Walker
Pros
  • "Good pay, good flexability for all people one floor or in the field(in 53 reviews)

• "10% discount (20% for some time near Xmas)(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be difficult depending on shift times given(in 37 reviews)

• "Be prepared to work for free and long hours to keep on top of your job(in 22 reviews)

Reviews about "10 discount"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Its OK, I Could think of worst companies to work for...."

Former Employee - Stock Assistant in Leicester, England

I worked at Iceland Foods part-time for more than a year

Pros

-10% discount (20% for some time near Xmas) -Easy to progress to Duty Manager if you work hard. -Most staff are friendly and make the job more enjoyable. -Iceland pays all staff above the national living wage, regardless of age. (8.33) -Meeting new people -Good job for students (shifts tend to be 4 hours long)

Cons

Unfortunately, negatives outweigh the positives. -Being planned in for a shift, then given short notice saying that they don't need you in. Many staff rely on hours to pay bills? -Barely get a chance to take your breaks.......due to being understaffed and busy. -Stores don't get enough hours to run the store, so every shift was very demanding and everyone finds themselves doing the job of two people. (putting stock...

Advice to Management

Iceland STOP expecting great results, if you don't give enough hours to stores. Many staff stay on unpaid after their shift just to get the work done to avoid getting moaned at the next shift. Also, maybe increase your contracts from 7.5 hours a week, to at least 12 hours. Many staff have left/want to leave due to not getting enough hours.

Iceland Foods2019-06-12
  2. "Was good but turnover in management led to company being terrible"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Wolverhampton, England

I have been working at Iceland Foods full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lovely staff 10% discount Close to home early shifts bargain deals with food

Cons

Shifts always changing No career opportunity Managers always changing

Advice to Management

they change manager every 6 month's so you basically get to know each one for an short period of time.

Iceland Foods2019-06-28
  3. "Not worth it"

Current Employee - Duty Manager in Derby, England

I have been working at Iceland Foods part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

10% discount And that's literally it...

Cons

Expected to work for free Don't pay us duty manager allowance so we're on minimum wage but expect the same from us No work life balance

Advice to Management

No one listens anyway not even area managers or higher up as long as the store is open and trading they don't care

Iceland Foods2019-06-25
  4. "Fine in the short term as a means to an end, but I would not ever go back!!"

Former Employee - Non Food Trading Manager in Birmingham, England

I worked at Iceland Foods part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Regardless of your age all staff (except supervisors and above) are on the same wage - If you are interested in the products that Iceland sell you have a 10% discount card

Cons

- There isn’t an incentive to train to become a non trade or trade duty manager as you do not get anything extra for doing it. - High turnover of staff from cashiers to manager of the store. - Staff morale is very low and the environment reminded me more of an infant school rather than a workplace due to petty arguments between staff members. - You NEVER leave your shift on time and DO NOT get paid for working overtime,...

Iceland Foods2018-08-31

"Alright for part time"

Current Employee - General Assistant

I have been working at Iceland Foods part-time for less than a year

Pros

Weekly pay Team are close and can have a laugh 10% discount Christmas saving scheme Till system easy Good if it's just part time for some extra cash Can fit around arrangements if possible

Cons

Have to scrape together hours Nothing gets done about complaints - staff not taken seriously Over time rarely paid Poor management Very late shifts rota Shifts added or taken without asking Promised uniform but didn't deliver

Advice to Management

Get better at sorting hours and take complaints seriously!

Iceland Foods2018-02-10

"Manager"

I have been working at Iceland Foods full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Salary, 10% discount, savings scheme, colleagues, customers

Cons

Long hours, work/life balance, unrealistic expectations, physically demanding, lack of progression

Advice to Management

The direction the company is currently going is concerning. Some dubious business decisions being made with little communication given to staff. Expectations getting higher and unrealistic. Concerned about the companys future long term

Iceland Foods2017-11-02

November 21, 2017Recruitment Manager

Thank you for adding a review. We'd like to hear more. You can contact us directly at glassdoor@Iceland.co.uk

"Delivery drivers are overworked, and they don't like paying for your overtime when you finish late (you will)"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in London, England

I worked at Iceland Foods part-time for less than a year

Pros

Deliveries are usually local to the store. Training period is short (one day watching videos, 2 days riding along with another driver and then I was out on my own) Colleagues are nice but managers are not. You get a 10% discount card.

Cons

Regularly get 12+ deliveries in the 2 hour blocks, so if you were running late in a previous block you'll have to do them in less time. You have to load and unload the van yourself - this combined with the number of deliveries means a lot of manual labour. They have no system in place for overtime for delivery drivers when your back late from deliveries e.g. due to traffic. This means if your back half an hour late...

Advice to Management

Give drivers a more reasonable number of deliveries per 2hour block. Stop being tight with overtime hours - pay your employees for the work they are doing.

Iceland Foods2017-11-29

"Deeside Head Office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deeside, Wales

I have been working at Iceland Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced, challenging. Great staff canteen 10% discount

Cons

Lack of flexibility (e.g. no home working, flexible hours, part-time allowed) No real benefits (e.g. ability to buy extra holiday, healthcare, maternity)

Advice to Management

Consider offering employees flexible working and re-look at benefits package

Iceland Foods2017-10-05

October 12, 2017Recruitment Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to add a review.

9. "Sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Southampton, England

I worked at Iceland Foods for more than a year

Pros

Get 10% discount for yourself and direct family.

Cons

Costumers can be disrespectful. Management can be rude.

Advice to Management

Create friendly relationships with the staff, no matter their position.

Iceland Foods2017-10-24

November 20, 2017Recruitment Manager

Thanks for adding a review. We're eager to learn more about your experience. Please contact us a glassdoor@Iceland.co.uk

"Terrible company! Dont respect any of their frontline staff"

Former Employee - Senior Supervisor in Ashton in Makerfield, England

I worked at Iceland Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

10% discount Free parking Free dose of anxiety Free sip of depression Free pack of tissues for when you inevitably cry

Cons

Understaffed Extremely high staff turnover Disrespectful to staff Food hygeine is very low Managers bully staff

Advice to Management

Try and be human, having to supervise a shop that you have left for the day and having staff come up to me crying about how bad you treat them is disgusting! No wonder so many people leave!

Iceland Foods2017-08-29