Iceland Foods Senior Supervisor Reviews | Glassdoor

Iceland Foods CEO Malcolm C. Walker
Malcolm C. Walker
  1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Supervisor in Wealdstone, England

I have been working at Iceland Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good opportunities to progress if you are willing to give extra time to the business

Cons

Long unpaid hours, short staffed, too much physical strain, no stock control

Iceland Foods2019-06-22

"Modern slavery at it's worst."

Current Employee - Senior Supervisor

I have been working at Iceland Foods full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The team I work with.

Cons

Work life balance is non existent. Constantly spending hours in store aftwr your shift has finished for free just to keep your head above water. Staff levels are a joke. Don't try to give feedback about the budget because you will just get told to manage your team better. How can you manage your team when all 2 of them are on the till all day while you run around trying to do everything else yourself because you can't...

Advice to Management

Im not saying thungs need to go back to the way they were before all the cuts but you need to find a happy medium. Stop catering to the 80% of staff that get to do their hours and go home and actually do something about your managment trams being worked into the ground.

Iceland Foods2018-03-24

"Senior supervisor"

Current Employee - Senior Supervisor in Workington, England

I have been working at Iceland Foods full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Once over lots, now, nothing.

Cons

Poor staff training on all levels, unrealistic workload, expected to do work unpaid or above pay role, spoken to like rubbish by area managers and above, given perception of food things for staff, not for management... and so so much more

Advice to Management

Realise the few experiences staff left are what's keeping most stores afloat, that and the countless hours people work for free.. goodwill underapriciated like all staff.

Iceland Foods2018-03-18
  4. "Senior supervisor"

Current Employee - Senior Supervisor in Hartlepool, England

I have been working at Iceland Foods full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good place to work

Cons

Some long hours lots change overs in the year

Advice to Management

Management team is ok

Iceland Foods2017-11-08

November 20, 2017Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review. If there's anything more you'd like to tell us then please contact glassdoor@Iceland.co.uk

"Diabolical company to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Supervisor in Ferndown, England

I worked at Iceland Foods full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Staff discount, not a lot else

Cons

Expected to work through breaks, expected to work over your hours for nothing, too much is expected of the few staff that work in stores now, cut backs on hours make it impossible to get the work done, impacts on customer availability, no work life balance due to long hours, no appreciation given , work hours changed with no consultation and at very short notice, expected to work New Years Day even when not open to do...

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they matter,

Iceland Foods2017-11-12

November 20, 2017Recruitment Manager

It doesn't sound like you've had a positive experience and we're disappointed to hear that. We'd really like to hear more so please contact us at glassdoor@Iceland.co.uk

"Terrible last 5 years"

Former Employee - Senior Supervisor

I worked at Iceland Foods full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great frozen food, nice family feel to team, discount is nice. Vouchers for Xmas. Great focus on charity. Layout of store is nice. Good home delivery service

Cons

Unrealistic targets, unrealistic, unachievable expectations due to lack of hours. Poor management especially store managers that have their favourites. Managers don’t have people skills Very physical and demanding, challenging, exhausting no work life balance. Unable to have breaks, pressured by management to work extra without pay using fear management.

Advice to Management

Workshops needed for management on people skills. Realistic targets needed so look at the way things are done cos hours are drastically cut.

Iceland Foods2017-11-07

November 20, 2017Recruitment Manager

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We're keen to hear more about your perception of our manager's people skills so please email us at glassdoor@Iceland.co.uk

"Terrible company! Dont respect any of their frontline staff"

Former Employee - Senior Supervisor in Ashton in Makerfield, England

I worked at Iceland Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

10% discount Free parking Free dose of anxiety Free sip of depression Free pack of tissues for when you inevitably cry

Cons

Understaffed Extremely high staff turnover Disrespectful to staff Food hygeine is very low Managers bully staff

Advice to Management

Try and be human, having to supervise a shop that you have left for the day and having staff come up to me crying about how bad you treat them is disgusting! No wonder so many people leave!

Iceland Foods2017-08-29

"Iceland pros and cons"

Former Employee - Senior Supervisor in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Iceland Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The staff in most stores are well trained and know how to do the job expected of them, but there is always a couple of eejits that let a store team down

Cons

There is not enough hours applied to each and individual store and it is hard to achieve the targets set

Advice to Management

Pump some money into the shops

Iceland Foods2017-03-22

"Staff levels underfunded and and management underpaid. Good place to work before but not so much now."

Current Employee - Senior Supervisor

I have been working at Iceland Foods full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Team spirit at store level is good. Good place to work for a part time assistant that Does not get paid a salary

Cons

Insufficient funding to complete tasks with the expectation that store management will stay on to complete tasks for free. Not enough wage credit given for Changeovers and stock counts again with the expectation that management will stay on to do it. You get promised time in lieu but with the wage funding as it is it it unrealistic to take a day out of store and get paid for it. Head office constantly make changes which...

Advice to Management

Either lower expectations with the wage credit given or invest more in stores. I think the company retains too much profit and there is no incentive for management to go above and beyond. Lots of incentives for cashiers which is great but if my store hits full kpis or no kpis I still get paid the same. Make KPI targets financially incentivised and give bonuses for sales HD and online growth.

Iceland Foods2017-03-11

"Senior Supervisor- Barkingside"

Current Employee - Senior Supervisor in Barkingside, England

I have been working at Iceland Foods full-time

Pros

Nothing. Everything as a company was poor. Not organised and lack of staff.

Cons

Everything. Need to work long hours and dont get paid for every hour. Would recommend

Advice to Management

Look after Your Staff. They dont treat staff with respect.

Iceland Foods2016-12-22