Icon Information Consultants Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Icon Information Consultants (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was great working with Mia. He was upfront and kept me abreast. He sent me on several interviews before I landed my position.

Cons

It is hard to get a new assignment when assignment is completing. It all depends on whether they have new requisitions to fill positions that match your background.

2. "Dreadful Company - Stay Away"

Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Icon Information Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay, weekly pay, weekly pay

Cons

Craptastic "insurance"
    Rude office people

Advice to Management

Wake up - you are providing a service to both the employer and employee. Without employees, you have no one to place for your jobs. Offer better benefits and be kind. You all are RUDE.

3. "Recruiting Coordinator"

Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at Icon Information Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekly paychecks, the lunch program for internal employees and Christmas Bonus.

Cons

This job shouldn't have been difficult at all. I think training for this position wasn't very consistent, my trainer/coworker wasn't patient answering random questions about processes and procedures. Management was so quick to run me over with a bus for issues that were not explained to me thoroughly and also there is favoritism in the company. Everyone in the office knows a little too much about everyone's personal issues. Basically people are hired into the company based on who they know and not on their experience.

Advice to Management

Not going to list anything since management won't change anything. Everything is exactly the same for the last 20 years.

4. "Icon Staff"

Current Employee - Visual Designer
    Current Employee - Visual Designer

Pros

You receive a weekly paycheck.

Cons

The company I'm consulting for uses Icon for their W2 contractors, so I had no choice but to be hired by them. The on boarding process was extremely slow (just over a month) and the recruiting coordinators rarely return phone calls. I had to inquire about state mandated benefits and was told that Icon HR only found out about them because other employees were complaining. There website was last updated in 2009, so there is no employee portal to access any information and you're dependent on the staff — who has to manually calculate things like hours earned.

Advice to Management

Update your website and require hiring recruiters to check in with contractors on a quarterly or monthly basis. After all, you're earning money off of us working for you.

"Somewhat unprofessional and difficult to work with"

Current Employee - Contractor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Contractor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Icon Information Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, on boarding was quick and painless, weekly pay

Cons

Difficult to get in touch with, website is extremely outdated and unprofessional, horrible insurance benefits. Also, they were not in compliance with insurance laws and half way through the year tell me that I need to deduct more from my paycheck each week in order to help the company get in compliance (over $600). Very sketchy and unprofessional.

6. "Project Coordinator"

Pros

Stable company with a good reputation

Cons

not much interaction with employee on contract

7. "Terrible Environment"

Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at Icon Information Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Insurance is paid at no out of pocket for full-time employees.

Cons

I was initially interviewing for a role on the recruiting side and was told I would start as a recruiting coordinator until I got the hang of things since my direct manager works remotely. Pay was less than what I was offered but despite being a payroll/hr company of was never made an offer in writing. People are terminated almost weekly and those who aren't quite just as quickly. Management is extremely unprofessional and employees are often yelled at in front of others. No opportunities to advance as all potential promotions are never posted or offered and are filled by outside hires. Practices are extremely outdated and most personal information is passed to payroll on a handwritten piece of paper (pay rate, social security number, etc. ). Overall environment is stressful, underpaid, dehumanizing, and inflexible. Do not work here unless it is as energy entry level position in which case do your time and get out.

Advice to Management

None as they are stuck in their ways and would refuse to acknowledge it anyway.

"Icon Information Consultants"

Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Icon Information Consultants (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid on time and bonus for hours was a nice benefit

Cons

Lack of any real communication from the main office on anything really. Recruiter and office staff difficult to contact and rarely knew what my contract situation was.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your personnel and the status of their contracts and contract employers

9. "Fine for a contractor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

The pay was pretty good, position was contract to perm.

Cons

Insurance was super expensive. No holiday pay or other paid time off.

10. "Basic Office Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Houston, TX

Pros

Job is not difficult. Basic office functions. Training is easy and the people are friendly. Depending on your area depends on the type of work you will have to.

Cons

No growth potential, sometimes the office is very loud and hard to make and answer calls. Sometimes there is not enough to do and there is no challenges.