Idaho Athletic Club Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
John Wardle
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "If you have a high level of motivation, you can be very succesful within this company."

Current Employee - Fitness Consultant in Nampa, ID
    Current Employee - Fitness Consultant in Nampa, ID

I have been working at Idaho Athletic Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They give you all the tools necessary to become succesful. Great atmosphere to work. Free membership with hire. Insurance available upon finishing 90 day probation period. Excellent way to connect with community wanting a healthier lifestyle. They give you the opportunity to climb up the corp ladder and almost always promote from within! You just need to be goal oriented and a team player.

Cons

If you prove to be a weak link and unmotivated. They'll get rid of you quickly. It's like any successful business model.

Advice to Management

Put together more activities that focus on strengthen and building employee comradery. Like more company parties. Sponsoring events or activities that bring employess's together. Most employee's don't know who other employee's are. This is probably due to the size of the company and with so many locations.

2. "worst owners of a company ive ever experienced"

Former Employee - Fitness Consultant in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Fitness Consultant in Boise, ID

I worked at Idaho Athletic Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

freedom to work in your own style

Cons

management procedures and terrible pay. worst commission policy ever.

Advice to Management

sell the company

3. "If you work at the right location you can thrive here. If you work at the wrong location, you'll want to escape ASAP."

Former Employee - Personal Trainer in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer in Boise, ID

I worked at Idaho Athletic Club part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was a base pay for floor hours, from which you were expected to either schedule three fitness assessments or sell training for each hour on the floor. It was a great place to learn from fellow trainers. A large potential client pool, and if you outlast the other trainers at your club, you end up with their clients and a pretty full schedule.

Cons

Had to buy own training shirts. Minimum training packages you were required to sell started at $600, really needed to be salesperson to be a successful trainer there (but that's most gyms). Lots of focus on selling supplements even if your clients are chronically ill and shouldn't take them. Paycheck once per month.

Advice to Management

Offer better sales training instead of the exact training every other month.

4. "Personal trainer at Idaho Athletic Club"

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Idaho Athletic Club full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Experience at this club has pointed me in the right direction on what type of trainer I am and helps me strive to best I can. It feels good helping people feel better about themselves. I also get to meet a lot of great people in the process of helping them reach their fitness/health goals.

Cons

I would like to be able to be taught a little bit more on what is expected and have more training.

Advice to Management

Helping their employees a little bit more to understand what is expected and being more involved

5. "Okay I guess"

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Boise, ID

I have been working at Idaho Athletic Club part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping people; care about that... as for employees I mean we get a paycheck... could it be better? Yeah I think so. It is a job for me and my family right now and there is opportunity to move through the company.

There are a lot of locations which helps, so if your not doing well you can move to another club. The company does give you a 3 month grace period to help you going.

Cons

Pay again, it isn't great - your either hourly or you have a base. There is some negativitiy in every club; but it just depends on the person you are... if you take negative things then probably not great for you. But every job has negativitiy.

Advice to Management

I would like to see a little more pay. Besides that, some training would be good. I know they do sales training, but would like to see more to help me.

6. "Dishonest company; owners are very dishonest, expect a lot of work for very little pay"

Former Employee - Childcare Manager
    Former Employee - Childcare Manager

I worked at Idaho Athletic Club full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Take 2 kids to work with you.

Cons

Contracted to make a certain amount per hour to manage. Contract was broke when I got first paycheck. Paid once per month. Say that your membership is free when your an employee but if your already a member they only give you a 20% discount. Very very sneaky owners. Horrible to work for.

Advice to Management

Stop thinking so much about whats going into your pocket. Stop cheating people. Pay your managers what they deserve. Train your staff instead of throwing them in the deep end.