Idaho Central Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Kent Oram

1. "Outgoing"

Current Employee - Teller in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Teller in Boise, ID

Pros

The local atmosphere. The ability to care for the members of the credit union. Living up to the standards of their mission statement.

Cons

Advancement within the company is time consuming even for an individual who is well knowledged in the day to day job setting.

"Best Place To Work"

Current Employee - Management in Pocatello, ID
    Current Employee - Management in Pocatello, ID

I have been working at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome benefits
    Awesome employee support from management
    promotes from within
    Upper management cares about their employees

Cons

There are always people within an institution who will be difficult to work with, but I believe Idaho Central Credit Union is looking out for me. The upper management has asked the branch representative's opinions, and they listen. They implement a lot of the requests they are given if they see a need, and the board of directors is awesome! I love my job at ICCU, and I will work for them until I retire...if I am lucky enough to do so. I highly recommend anyone interested to apply.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! However, I believe every employee should spend some time in the branch, and get a clear perspective on what it's like to be member facing. It's a valuable perspective.

"Amazing place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Nampa, ID
    Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Nampa, ID

I have been working at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great salary, benefits, and a great team to work with!

Cons

None, I love every second of it!!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, you guys are awesome!!!:)

"Green Team For The Win"

Current Employee - Financial Services Officer in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Financial Services Officer in Boise, ID

I have been working at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management actually cares about the employees and there is plenty of room for advancement. The benefits are amazing and pay is great. It is the largest group of amazing people possible. I never thought that I would actually love my job!!!

Cons

There is nothing that I would change about the way this company operates!

Advice to Management

Don't change the way you do things. I will be there until I retire and I know that I will always love being employed with ICCU.

6. "Overall great company!"

Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, management, benefits, and amazing resources! They have a very unique and interesting interview method that almost guarantees you will get placed in a position you will love!

Cons

Favoritism, while minimal, definitely exists here, to grow with the company you have to win over management.

7. "Best Place to Work in Idaho!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chubbuck, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chubbuck, ID

I have been working at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ICCU truly cares about employees. We are a "work family." We celebrate records and awards together, and go above and beyond to help our credit union members. As members of the "Green Team" we wear our custom green Nikes on Fridays and love to work hard to grow ICCU. We walk in parades, serve in the community, and live our mission to help members achieve financial success.

Cons

If you just want to collect a pay check and not give 110% in a great cause, it's probably not the place for you. ICCU doesn't force it's employees to work along side those who really don't care about excellence.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

8. "Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer
    Current Employee - Loan Officer

Pros

Management is easy to get along with. They hire talented individuals. They do a good job at creating a healthy work environment.

Cons

Honestly is a great place to work.

9. "Great place to Work!!"

Pros

Idaho Central is a great place to work!! Senior leadership is truly caring about the team members. Growth opportunities for top performers. Awesome culture and great organizational health! Would highly recommend to friends and family for employment.

Cons

None really! Work is work. ICCU is a growing company that expects a lot of their team members. We have set high goals for the company and we are a driven organization. If you are the type that is driven and likes to set high goals for yourself and you are driven it is going to be a great fit. The other great thing is we do some awesome celebrations to recognize the amazing growth we are having.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

10. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They care about their employees
    They care about their membership
    Fun place to work
    Lots of promotional opportunities

Cons

Each branch is different. Some branches are absolutely amazing to work at and others are just miserable. If you get stuck with a numbers driven manager it's hard to get out. Some consider transfers a promotion

Advice to Management

Do not promote just by numbers. Some that have been promoted didn't master their role, they just looked good on paper. It's discouraging. By not promoting overqualified people due to numbers is how those good employees are lost.

11. "Review"

Pros

Good pay great benefits great company. There is lots of room to grow within the company. The company is growing fast.

Cons

Have to work Saturdays but at least you get a day off during the week. Staying open until 6 is kind of rough sometimes as well.