Idaho Central Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Idaho Central Credit Union CEO Kent Oram
Kent Oram

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The benefits are amazing and pay is great (in 4 reviews)

• Good benefits are hard to come by, and ICCU works hard to ensure we have the best possible benefits, thanks to our HR team (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes it's hard to find a work / life balance (in 4 reviews)

• I honestly love my job and have no complaints (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I Bleed Green"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID

I have been working at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team members are amazing and genuinely care! From the CEO to even the cleaning crews, everyone is happy and excited to be at work. Management takes care of everyone and ensure that their teams voices are heard. Amazing work environment, culture and ethics! I am honored to be part of such an amazing family!

Cons

We are growing so fast we are running out of room! Thank goodness for growth opportunities and new buildings!

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome!

"Enjoyed working with my team. But upper management has lots of issues"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Burley, ID
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Burley, ID

I worked at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. I enjoyed the team I worked with.

Cons

They tell you to become part of the community so I did. I bought a house got my family settled and then after being promoted to branch manager 2 months later they asked me to quietly resign. With no reasons of what I did wrong. But to work for another month. Little did I know they had a replacement within 24 hours of forcing me to leave. It was Some young thing without a family to care for. So if they say they are family oriented that is a bunch of bull. Good luck!

Advice to Management

Take care of your employee. If you claim you are going to train and coach someone, then do it. Don't promote someone and make them think they are doing well and then can them with no explained reasons.

"Worst company ever!"

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They do a great job of acquiring new customers and providing solid, cheap products for them

Cons

This is an awful company. They sit on a platform of high ethical standards, but when it comes down to it they are deceitful, backstabbing, and extremely immoral. They will go out of their way to promote incompetent, unqualified people to the position based off of certain backgrounds and connections. They will look you in the face and blatantly lie to you and manipulate situations to their liking. Most of the management teams across the entire company are completely uneducated and unqualified to hold their positions and they have no clue how to run a successful team. The sad part is upper management allows this to happen and will back the brown nosing followers who fit their "mold." If you have ambition, are highly educated and have high moral standards avoid this company at all costs.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. You hire people for management that have no business being there and then completely ignore their atrocious leadership skills. You manipulate everyone that works for you into thinking your way is the right way and completely ignore people who work their tails off...the right way. Your company has completely lost it's direction and morality in the last 7 or 8 years and it's due to the upper management. Incompetence and deceitfulness will eventually catch up with you. You're not better than everyone else, no matter how much you want to believe it. Your little cult is bound to implode, just keep up the good work.

4. "Brutal Senior Executives, fear based & micro-managing cutthroat culture"

I worked at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hard-core corporate culture, and you can learn the business quickly. They pay very competitively, because that is the only way they can keep employees...

Stay out of the administration office!

Cons

Fear based culture in the senior executive team, very "micro-managing" and cutthroat.

You will end up working lots of unpaid overtime, and you will get guilt trips if you try to take vacation that you have earned. TERRIBLE work life balance.

Advice to Management

Where do I start? I think most employees who depart ICCU end up needing counseling and having post traumatic stress problems and nightmares for years. Weird, so weird.

"FInancial Servicies Officer"

Former Employee - Financial Services Officer in Meridian, ID
    Former Employee - Financial Services Officer in Meridian, ID

I worked at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone was semi-friendly in the beginning.

Cons

Terrible work-life balance. Expect way too much for WAY too little monetary compensation. They work young people to the bone with NO brakes throughout the day and only give split days off. Management only did anything they could to get a good review and didn't care about their employees' well being. I would never recommend this deceiving company. They are the Wal-Mart of financial institutions if you want something cheap.

Advice to Management

Stop micro-managing and trust your employees. Oh yeah, get over yourself.

"Not the brightest upper management"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Boise, ID

Pros

good members
    some locations are great, depends on the management
    decent schedules

Cons

Executives are close minded to smart change
    Sales pressures are intense
    Pay is not good for industry
    The credit union is CHEAP!

Advice to Management

Pocatello officers need to get out of their offices and visit stores, solicite employee feedback before implementing change. Get on the same page, level of inconsistent answers and incompetence is crazy. Accountabeility for less than stellar employees is too lax, if someone can not do the job they were hired to do, get rid of them, and stop expecting other employees in the branch to pick up their slack.

"Poor Management Style"

I worked at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employer paid benefits were the best I've ever seen. For non-IT departments, there is room to grow and get promoted from within.

Cons

Low compensation for IT team.
    Management doesn't listen. Ideas that come from those in non-manager positions are not listened to. If, by some miracle they are, managers take all the credit. The VP of IT was the worst manager I've ever worked for. He has an "I"m never wrong" attitude. After others had left the company, he bad-mouthed everything the did. I'm sure he did the same about me.
    There were many "knee-jerk" reactions. Rather than think through what would be best for the employees and the company, managers only look out for their best interests.
    Managers and above take a large bonus at the end of the year, but most workers don't get any bonus at all.
    For salary employees they are too focused on the number of hours worked than the work that was done. We were told that if we didn't put in at least 45 hours per week, we shouldn't expect a raise. And that 45 hours didn't include the time spend working evenings or from home.

Advice to Management

Realize what a great workforce you have and treat them accordingly.

"A lot of "unpaid" work"

Pros

Flexible, educates you on your job, excellent training.

Cons

Will always find a way to get more out of you than they actually pay you for. They have a tier system for training that will have you spending a lot of time outside of work acheiving, unpaid. Seems rather excessive a bit unethical for hourly employees.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID

I worked at Idaho Central Credit Union (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has great health benefits. Compensation is average.

Cons

Company does way too much Micromanaging.

10. "Loan Officer"

I worked at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time

Pros

Large employer in the state of Idaho

Cons

The culture is more important than the person