Ideal Academy Public Charter School Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
CEO

1. "Decent School"

Former Employee - Teacher in Washington, DC

I worked at Ideal Academy Public Charter School full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Small school. Small class size. Very nice staff members.

Cons

1) No gym. Middle school students have no physical outlet. Gym teacher takes them outside on nice days to play in the parking lot. Pretty sad. 2) The school recruits kids from all over the city (mainly Kenilworth S.E.) and there is no criteria for acceptance so we end up with many kids that no other school wants and they bring all their bad behavior and very low test scores when they walk in the door.

Advice to Management

Manage your money better. Stop paying salaries to people who do not produce. Be a little more particular about who you let in the school. With such a small school, it doesn't take many unruly kids to throw off the balance and create a disruptive atmosphere.

2. "If I had children, I would not send them to this school."

Former Employee - Teacher in Washington, DC

I worked at Ideal Academy Public Charter School full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was given the opportunity to create my own curriculum. The kids were awesome!

Cons

Very disorganized. Not focused on building competent, balanced individuals.

Advice to Management

Start over, from the top down seeking qualified professionals

3. "Working in a supportive environment for a short period of time: not more than 6 months and"

Former Contractor - Speech Pathologist in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Speech Pathologist in Washington, DC

I worked at Ideal Academy Public Charter School as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I was able to provide strategies and support for the student ability to recall information that was vital to their learning.

Cons

Some of the teachers were not certified and needed support to develop appropriate strategies and lessons that

Advice to Management

Provide more one on one learning opportunities for students who need additional help and praise/rewards when improvement is demonstrated

5. "Teacher's Aide"

Former Employee - Teacher's Aide in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Teacher's Aide in Washington, DC

I worked at Ideal Academy Public Charter School part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got to work with kids and had money for summer

Cons

Getting work was a hassel