Ideal Image Lead Consultant Reviews

Updated Apr 26, 2021

3.9
Ideal Image Chief Executive Officer David Prokupek (no image)
David Prokupek

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ideal Image and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Don’t knock it till you try it

Apr 26, 2021 - Lead Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’m looking at some of these reviews telling people to run away from this company like it’s the plague. It’s laughable. I get this company has its problems just like any other company that hires dozens of people but to imply people need to “run away” is borderline asinine. Don’t run away. I encourage you to run forward and see if it’s a good fit for you just like it was for me. If it doesn’t work out then that’s that. But to run away without even giving it a chance is silly.

Cons

People giving silly advice on Glassdoor.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Handling COVID as best they can

Apr 19, 2021 - Lead Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is doing the best they can right now with the coronavirus. The best move they made was allowing the sales staff to work from home. The health and wellness of employees are a top priority of upper management. There have been a few drawbacks with this arrangement however **keep reading for more**

Cons

Sales have been outpacing what the providers are able to handle. Stressful days are abundant.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

You can make a killing

Apr 8, 2021 - Lead Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The sky’s the limit in how much you can earn here. Sales is extremely lucrative, especially if you already have experience. My paycheck practically doubled when I started here and I haven’t seen a single dip in the past 3 years. Apparently, cosmetic surgery has become a necessity that people won’t give up even in a pandemic.

Cons

Finding a good work/life balance. The more I work, the more I make, so it’s hard to tear myself away from work.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

It was a good run while it lasted

Apr 9, 2021 - Lead Sales Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worked here for many years. Prior to Covid, it was a somewhat prestigious, consultative face-to-face sales position with amazing co-workers, generous PTO, free treatments, fun work environment, changing people's lives, and making a consistent 6 figure income... until it wasn't. Covid changed everything. The mighty Titanic is starting to sink, and I got off the ship just in the nick of time.

Cons

Management was always questionable. I had a couple good direct supervisors along the way, but most were incompetent idiots. Promotions and hiring's were usually based on popularity and the best Kool-Aid drinkers, and "big chain corporations" on the resume, not always on merit. Questionable customer service, shady sales tactics, a horrendous refund policy, extremely poor communication, at times inexperienced and overworked nurses doing treatments they weren't properly trained on, and the once lucrative sales position making an easy six-figure income, turned into nothing more than a glorified call center position where the majority of the reps are making a 40k draw or pennies over. The hand full of seasoned reps that stayed and figured out how to not have a mental breakdown working 12 hour shifts taking call after call, zoom after zoom, are doing really well. Perhaps some psych meds for breakfast? In any event, it's a shadow of the company it once was, and although I'm happy to be in a better place, I will always look back with fond memories of what Ideal Image once was. #RIP Bruce Fabel #Five star reviews from "Tampa" are all fake

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0

A positive experience

Mar 28, 2021 - Lead Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I initially thought this would be a soul sucking job that would just help me pay the bills until I figured something else out sometime down the line. Turns out I was wrong. Ideal Image provides a healthy work environment and a great company culture where everyone strives for excellence and looks out for one another.

Cons

Not many cons to speak of.

6. 5.0

Strongly recommend

Apr 13, 2021 - Lead Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits Welcoming work environment Clean facilities Emphasis on client care Competent managers Nice coworkers

Cons

Limited opportunities for growth Expensive benefits packages

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

This was a great company until they changed the commission structure

Apr 11, 2020 - Lead Sales Consultant in Edina, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great training, wonderful nurses and top-notch equipment.

Cons

They changed the commission structure. You suddenly made less money, but you were expected to sell the same amount.

4 people found this review helpful

Head of People

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your insight. We are happy that you thought our training was great and that you enjoyed working with the team of medical professionals. As we value all feedback we will continue to take what is shared with us to support our people. If you have any additional feedback or would like to talk further please feel free to send us a message at HR@idealimage.com.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Skin, Face, and Body Specialist

Nov 4, 2019 - Lead Sales Consultant in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH, Optional[OH]
    Business Outlook

Pros

The 4 day work week is great for work/ life balance. Good teamwork in the center. Lots of vacation time. In my 4 years with the company things have constantly changed but if you roll with it everything always seems to work out.

Cons

Some of the goals are a little outlandish making it difficult to hit commission.

1 person found this review helpful

Head of People

Thank you for this review, as well as many years with Ideal Image. We appreciate your commitment and hard work. We try to provide an environment best suited for each individual, position, and team. We are happy to hear you enjoy our structure your time spent here.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

No work life balance

Feb 20, 2020 - Lead Sales Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good, you do get free treatments

Cons

Zero work life balance. No one cares if your on vacation or off that day you are still expected to answer calls, texts and emails.

4 people found this review helpful

Head of People

Thank you for providing us with your feedback, as well as your extensive time and commitment to Ideal Image. We are so happy you recognize the treatment "perks" for our team, but are disappointed to hear this. Especially in such a hectic & unprecedented year, we have all needed to put in an extra effort to continue pursuing our goals. If you have any specific insight and ideas, or wish to continue this conversation please email HR@idealimage.com. Additionally, if you are every feeling overwhelmed, we also offer 24/7 free counseling services for all teammates through the Employee Assistance Hotline, as personal wellbeing is a number one priority of our team.

10. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sales Consultant

Feb 6, 2019 - Lead Sales Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The patients and co-workers. Could have been the best in the industry.

Cons

Don’t even know where to begin... Corporate is setting all sales consultants, medical staff and some managers up for failure. Stealing money out of our paychecks, not paying “promised” bonuses, and over-working all staff. Area and Regional Managers are such a joke. They sit at home all day having “Zoom Meetings,” then talk bad about one another. No manager in-clinic. Sales consultants have to do their jobs for them. No communication. Changes everyday. If you want to be lied to, work 50+ hours, stress daily about what your check will look like, perfect job for you. I have to get out of this place before I lose my mind. Read all of the recent reviews!!! They are all so true!The 5-Star reviews come from corporate to try to make themselves look better. If the corporate employees spent as much time at the clinic level, rather than on Glassdoor, then they wouldn’t be losing amazing people left and right! This company is going to tank and I won’t be around much longer to have it bring me down with them. Like everyone else says...RUN FAR from this company. Dave should stick with flipping burgers or wake up, smell the coffee and see what he is doing to this multi-million/billion/whatever dollar company.

5 people found this review helpful

Head of People

We are so sorry to hear your experience, but thank you for taking the time to write a review. We would like to learn from your insight, as it is not representative of the large majority of feedback we receive. We invite you to please email HR@idealimage.com with specific comments or suggestions.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 71 Reviews