Ideal Image Lead Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Ideal Image Lead Consultant Reviews

Updated 19 Jun 2019

Found 63 reviews

2.5
Ideal Image CEO David Prokupek (no image)
David Prokupek
  1. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Lead Sales Consultant in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working at Ideal Image of Asheville. The guests are amazing as well as my coworkers. I have never worked in an Office where everyone works together so quickly and efficiently. They really do care very much about their guests and bend over backwards for the guests that need extra attention.

Cons

Although we do not get full coverage insurance we get an amazing stipend to help our out of pocket expenses.

Ideal Image2019-02-05

"Worst company ever"

Former Employee - Lead Sales Consultant

I worked at Ideal Image full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is great IF you hit goal

Cons

No work life balance, incompetence, constant change, unqualified employees running centers, no loyalty to employees

Advice to Management

This is the biggest joke of a company. A multi million dollar international company should not be run so poorly. The incompetence of upper management is absolutely laughable. No work life balance at all. Work 6 days a week as if that is normal, but now centers are open 12 days straight at the end of the month. 12 days 10-12 (sometimes more) hour days with out a day off is wrong. If you can’t do it you are looked... at as weak and not a team player. Forget advising HR about SERIOUS issues, because they do not give a crap. They will sit and listen to you and thank you for making them aware yet do NOTHING. Management is verbally abusive to employees who don’t do exactly as told or asks questions. Pay dates changed at the last minute for commission pay out. You know people expect their money a certain day to pay bills, right?! They also changed the commission structure 3 times in less than two years (not for the better) yet wanted more more more out of their employees. They run their great sales people into the ground so they can no longer perform due to exhaustion. If you complain about anything that is going on that is not right you are retaliated against or made to be the bad guy. NO TRAINING. They used to send you to Florida and do an in office training for a week at corporate then have a seasoned consultant train you in the field. Nope, not anymore. You get a week to shadow someone (if that) and are thrown to the wolves. No one cares about your investment in your career or success there because everyone is disposable in ideal images eyes. Wake UP.

Ideal Image2019-06-19

"Work hard for your money"

Current Employee - Lead Sales Consultant

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team members, money, variable schedule

Cons

Variable schedule, work your way up

Ideal Image2019-02-28

"Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Lead Sales Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for more than a year

Pros

The patients and co-workers. Could have been the best in the industry.

Cons

Don’t even know where to begin... Corporate is setting all sales consultants, medical staff and some managers up for failure. Stealing money out of our paychecks, not paying “promised” bonuses, and over-working all staff. Area and Regional Managers are such a joke. They sit at home all day having “Zoom Meetings,” then talk bad about one another. No manager in-clinic. Sales consultants have to do their jobs for them.... No communication. Changes everyday. If you want to be lied to, work 50+ hours, stress daily about what your check will look like, perfect job for you. I have to get out of this place before I lose my mind. Read all of the recent reviews!!! They are all so true!The 5-Star reviews come from corporate to try to make themselves look better. If the corporate employees spent as much time at the clinic level, rather than on Glassdoor, then they wouldn’t be losing amazing people left and right! This company is going to tank and I won’t be around much longer to have it bring me down with them. Like everyone else says...RUN FAR from this company. Dave should stick with flipping burgers or wake up, smell the coffee and see what he is doing to this multi-million/billion/whatever dollar company.

Advice to Management

Fire all of yourselves and start all over. The best managers got fired and replaced with greedy and heartless ones.

Ideal Image2019-02-06

"Loved my position, & the opportunity to meet with guests every day."

Former Employee - Lead Sales Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Ideal Image full-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved the guests I worked with, truly wanted to help them find solutions that should help them feel better about themselves. Passionate about this field. Developed strong relationships with people I worked with.

Cons

We do NOT offer competitive laser hair removal pricing. Constant turnover of managers, administrative & medical staff resulted in guests being rescheduled multiple times after spending $1000s of dollars with us. It was embarrassing, & gave us a terrible reputation that I had no control over. There was zero work-life balance. It's such a shame. There is so much potential for this place, but we simply did not have... the autonomy or support to make this place as successful as possible.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people!

Ideal Image2019-01-06

"It was great the first 2 years, but recently they are starting to turn retail! Quantity over quality"

Current Employee - Lead Sales Consultant in Plantation, FL

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The free treatments and my staff

Cons

The constant changes always being implemented without employee knowledge.

Advice to Management

Gather more feedback from your field employees.

Ideal Image2018-11-29

"Be prepared to work A LOT"

Lead Sales Consultant in Canton, OH

I have been working at Ideal Image

Pros

The people I work with

Cons

No work life balance if you work in a center with one LSC

Advice to Management

For a business that is majority woman with families, please consider some work life balance for us that work in centers

Ideal Image2018-07-24

"Don’t waste your time"

Former Employee - Lead Sales Consultant

I worked at Ideal Image full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free treatments, changing people’s lives

Cons

The pay is terrible for GSC and LSC. I was both. I worked there for 5 1/2 years. Worked my butt off for them to hire managers to instead of side with you, go against you. Corporate has no idea what’s going on and how the new managers are ruining the centers with their lack of knowledge. My regional manager was USELESS and never answered any of of questions or concerns, she would ignore us.

Advice to Management

Hire within. Take the employees side when they are working their butts off and are loyal to the company. Your training sucks for providers, you are NOT the best in the industry. You produce the most but the quality is terrible. You have basic techniques and not enough services. Your marketing strategies suck. The only reason you succeed is because the consultants are so good, sugar coat and lie about your... reputation and services.

Ideal Image2018-07-01

"New CEO deb is a nightmare"

Former Employee - Lead Consultant

I worked at Ideal Image full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nothing at all. Retail managers that know nothing

Cons

Everything deb has taken the company down. Forcing retail in a service environment. Hiring kids that are paid nothing now to sell 10k laser txt. Run far away don't work here or go there

Advice to Management

Fire deb the new CEO She's terrible

Ideal Image2018-02-26

"Lead Sales Consultant"

Lead Sales Consultant in Orem, UT

I worked at Ideal Image for less than a year

Pros

Free Botox, fillers, LHR, cool sculpting, BUT if you leave 90 days after you tx they will take it out of your pay. People coordinate when to leave according to their last treatment even the ones giving the treatment.

Cons

The worst company it's a scam with uneducated ignorant retail managers with no skills to actually manage. The "base" is a draw against your commissions if you meet your quota you make only a little more than the base of 40k. You have to work 9 hour days and six days a week the last week of the month. They will suck all your time toy with your pay it's a scam, not for anyone with anything to offer. Total time... waster. The uneducated manager is trying to manager people who are nurses, PA's, and NPS total disaster, all of it is a joke It's going down hill with the new CEO and the company will suffer bust mostly the employees. All across the country and in Canada employees hate their job and call it a dungeon.

Advice to Management

Seek education and training for management/leadership and don't act like high school sitting around waiting to gossip. Get some work ethic and actually do something valuable.

Ideal Image2017-12-01