KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Ideal Image Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2021

Found 553 of over 562 reviews

3.3
Ideal Image Chief Executive Officer David Prokupek (no image)
David Prokupek
Pros
  • "Great leadership team, free treatments, good PTO program(in 76 reviews)

• "Hourly pay is competitive, bonuses paid when sales goals achieved, nurses get some free services, no graveyard shifts(in 31 reviews)

• Cons
  • "They are flexible and local management strives for work/life balance but it is ultimately retail(in 46 reviews)

• "Turnover rate is extraordinarily high yet somehow upper management has remained intact for over a decade(in 29 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ideal Image and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Director of Client Care

Jun 14, 2021 - Director of Client Care
      Business Outlook

Pros

bonuses and closed on sundays

Cons

no promotions for the Houston market

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Don’t knock it till you try it

Apr 26, 2021 - Lead Consultant in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’m looking at some of these reviews telling people to run away from this company like it’s the plague. It’s laughable. I get this company has its problems just like any other company that hires dozens of people but to imply people need to “run away” is borderline asinine. Don’t run away. I encourage you to run forward and see if it’s a good fit for you just like it was for me. If it doesn’t work out then that’s that. But to run away without even giving it a chance is silly.

Cons

People giving silly advice on Glassdoor.

4 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Much more than I expected

Apr 21, 2021 - Accountants in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was always my intention to stay at Ideal Image part-time. I just saw this company as a way to gain quick experience I could slap on my resume. When I first started working here I immediately fell in love with the family atmosphere. I wasn’t always a fan of the hours but I made them work. They paid more than similar companies in the same space. I got the experience I was seeking and was very happy when I left to pursue the next leg of my career.

Cons

Like I said I wasn’t a big fan of the hours.

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Don't bother unless you're desparate

May 27, 2021 - Skin, Face & Body Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, Actual work consulting customers is fun

Cons

Management is unavailable. I have never spoken with my manager directly. Training is absolutely horrible. It does nothing to prepare you for the actual daily work with customers. They have grossly over hired limiting any sales earning potential. Leads are limited to those whose conversion isn't above 40%. Despite the fact that many leads are horrible to begin with. There is blatant favoritism- best leads are clearly given to the people who have been with the company the longest. The turnover is astronomical. I would never recommend any friend getting a service at this company. Pure greed. Overselling so customers can't get appointments after paying in full upfront. Making customers take out LOANS when they could get started with and interest free payment plan. Completely unethical.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

My experience at Ideal Image

Apr 19, 2021 - Treatment Provider in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

First off, let me start by saying I think it’s entirely unfair for someone to get on here and claim that every single good review MUST be fake just because they had a bad experience. That would be as disgusting and willfully malicious as me trying to convince you that every single bad review on here is fake just because I have had a good experience with the company. I wanted to write this review so that anyone considering a job here could see one side of the story: mine. I can’t speak for anyone else and I’m not going to pretend like I do, so if you’re curious in knowing what it’s been like for me to work here and are tired of reading insane exaggerations on sites like these that only say “STAY AWAY FROM THIS HELL” or “THE BEST OF THE BEST IN EVERY WAY” then keep reading. 0-3 months: The hiring process was quick and easy from what I remember. I don’t remember having to wait too long and they were great about getting all the paperwork to me and going through everything I needed to know before starting on with the company. Training was comprehensive, and even though it was kind of boring it accomplished what it needed to… by the end of it, I had a pretty good understanding of the day-to-day expectations of my role and the company’s procedures. First year: The environment in the salon was fantastic. We all get along well together and I’d often go out for drinks after work with my coworkers (now friends). I had slip-ups now and then, but my manager was great about bringing it to my attention in a way that didn’t make me feel like a total idiot or worry about whether or not I’d be fired. Second year: The first half of the year was good, but the second half was awful because of COVID. No one really knew what was going on and the whole back and forth first from the government, then from the company was a nightmare. The only reason I’m still giving them a 5-star review is because they were great about communicating with us (even though things were constantly changing) and because I can’t really blame them. Who could have predicted what would happen in 2020? I know I didn’t see it coming, so how could any company have either? Present: Things are finally starting to go back to normal and, at the end of the day, I like working here. It’s not perfect, but it’s a good fit for me and a lot of the other people who work here. It might be a good fit for you too. In my experience, you won’t know for sure until you see for yourself.

Cons

I think I said everything I needed to say.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I like it here so far

Apr 11, 2021 - Patient Consultant in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I haven’t been with the company for very long, but from what I can see so far, it seems like a good place to work. Management is friendly enough and everyone gets along in the office without any drama or arguments. You can catch onto the work fairly quickly and once you do it’s a piece of cake (although too much cake and you’ll need to get a tummy tuck hahahaha)

Cons

I haven’t noticed any so far. But it does make me sad how many beautiful women come in to get work done. And they don’t just get a little here and a little there, they get a LOT done. I feel bad for them.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Jacksonville FL Trio

May 27, 2021 - Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

When the entire center hit our center goal, the commission was good. The guest service consultants and providers were awesome.

Cons

SEVERE BULLYING WITH THE UPPER MANAGEMENT TEAM INCLUDING THE LEAD CONSULTANTS AND MANAGERS. In my time, I watched multiple girls quit for being bullied over things as simple as a misspelling. Management and lead consultants would walk in 15 min late but would blast the lower level employees and nurse practitioners in a group chat for being even 1 min late. Commission stolen by lead consultants regularly.....we would talk about the sale, quote the guest, draft the contract, and certain lead consultants would demand to take over at the last step so that the sale was in their name. Absolutely zero respect for personal time. Upper management called themselves the "elders" and regularly hung out but told everyone else they could not be friends, going so far as to pin friends against each other or threaten to withhold a place in rotation or promotion if the employees remained friends. Rotation was supposed to be based on who had the best sign rate and average invoice but THE SAME lower level consultants were skipped even though they were outperforming the others. If you have an issue, you are ignored and become the target of harassment and bullying so bad that it's almost unbearable. I was bullied into silence many times. A provider spoke up to an obese guest who had been tricked into purchasing $13,000 worth of Coolsculpting even though Coolsculpting is specifically not for weight loss and not recommended for people not at their goal weight. The guest was shocked she had been told she'd lose weight and the inches and wanted a refund. The provider was quite literally banished and had commissions stolen left and right. This specific franchise location consisting of jacksonville, st augustine, and orange park is very culty. Management literally screamed at one of my coworkers for interrupting during a meeting, waved her finger in her face, and humiliated the girl.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Opportunities for Continued Growth

Dec 14, 2020 - Regional Director in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

• Generous PTO plans • Free treatment benefits for all team members • Leadership committed to all employee’s growth and development • Company that is willing to adapt in these ever-changing times • Inclusive and family culture • Opportunities for growth and career advancement The opportunities are endless! If you are looking for a fast paced, sales driven culture, where you bonus for meeting your targets and going above and beyond in your role Ideal Image is the place to work!! I love and value our team and the incredible work they do each and every day!! In addition, I feel valued and appreciated by our Corporate Team.

Cons

Consistent change to ensure we are the leaders in the industry and adapting to new safety regulations due to Covid-19. These changes have necessitated our team to be flexible with a consistent amount of change which can impact operating hours, shifts, and work priorities. This has been difficult for so many. We are all looking forward to getting back to “normal.” Our hours are client focused and are similar to retail hours which include evenings and weekends.

Ideal Image Response

Head of People

We appreciate your thoughtful feedback and great suggestions. This year has certainly been one for learning, but thanks to leaders like you we have continued to grow and will emerge out of this crisis even stronger. We are extremely proud of every single member of our Ideal family who has contributed to our success in this unforgettable year. We too believe now is the time to place an extra emphasis on ensuring we hear all team members' voices. Each individual perspective provides us with valuable information, therefore we are continuing to strategize and implement new methods to improve that two-way communication you mentioned, similar to these round tables and our company-wide town halls. Through the implication of more communication channels and regarding your mention of benefits, we have been able to create positive changes to better support our teammates, such as the new 401(k) employer match program rolling out January 2021. Thank you for your perseverance and positive attitude both during the pandemic and your entirety at Ideal Image.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

good comapany

May 27, 2021 - Senior Specialist in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral

Cons

none none none none none none vnone v

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Handling COVID as best they can

Apr 19, 2021 - Lead Consultant in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is doing the best they can right now with the coronavirus. The best move they made was allowing the sales staff to work from home. The health and wellness of employees are a top priority of upper management. There have been a few drawbacks with this arrangement however **keep reading for more**

Cons

Sales have been outpacing what the providers are able to handle. Stressful days are abundant.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 553 Reviews