Ideal Image Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Deborah Ellinger

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance was a challenge especially if you have children (in 23 reviews)

• Absolutely no work life balance (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Treatment Provider"

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time

Pros

Amazing hours
    Great Flexibility
    High Patient Satisfaction
    Opportunity to Bonus
    Expanding Company with opportunity to grow
    Supportive Management

Cons

I enjoy the sales aspect but others may not

2. "Back Up Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - GSC in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - GSC in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, Free treatments if you work there. Comfy work attire.

Cons

No Bonus Structure anymore, No advancement unless wanting to become a sales consultant

Advice to Management

Make more incentives

Ideal Image Response

May 19, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Ideal Image still provides monthly bonus opportunities for all our center associates; however, we did change the monthly bonus structure recently to reward excellent customer service instead of ... More

"Registered Nurse 3 1/2 years"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Portland, OR

I worked at Ideal Image full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very relaxed working environment. Low stress. Great people. Unlimited free laser hair removal. Other free treatments that are limited but offered each year. A distinct company culture with great people all throughout the company. Orientation and training is great and ensures you are a competent provider. Opportunities to travel and work in other centers.

Cons

No room for advancement as a provider. Skills are limited as different services offered are very limited. Constantly changing policies like bonus structure. More or less directionless as a company. With the change in CEO it seems that there is no longer a clear vision of where the company is headed. Very much more a retail based company versus a medical company. It's always about the bottom line. Center managers have retail background and know little about the medical side of aesthetics which again makes it seem like more of a pushy sales gig. There are bonus opportunities but they continue to make them more and more difficult to reach. Almost everyone works every Saturday. Most centers close at 7:00 pm and then you usually stay over for a half hour so there is little time for life outside of work on the days you work. Benefits are very expensive. Especially for it being such a large corporation with medical provides. No 401k match. I know my con list seems long but truly the pros of working for Ideal Image out weighed the cons for a long time. A relaxed working environment that is low stress is not easy to find as a nurse and that alone outweighs a lot of the cons of working there. Despite the negatives (every job has them) I would not hesitate to work for Ideal Image again. It is full of great people and the amount of training they provide in aesthetics to ensure competent providers is well beyond what you would find elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Offering more competitive benefits and a schedule that allows more work life balance would make it more desirable to work for Ideal Image.

Ideal Image Response

May 19, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

We do provide a career path at Ideal Image for our Treatment Providers (Nurses) and we only promote from within with respect to our medical roles. Treatment Providers can be promoted into Trainers ... More

5. "Hard to move up."

Former Employee - Cusomer Service in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Cusomer Service in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ideal Image (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Employees are great to work with.

Cons

Hard to try to move up in the Company

Advice to Management

Hire from WITHIN FIRST!!!

"Rn treatment provider"

Former Employee - Treatment RN in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Treatment RN in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ideal Image part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Low stress, little distractions with clients, good hourly pay, employees are nice, great training program, most days you get a lunch break

Cons

Only hiring part time now so they don't have to give benefits but expected to be available any day any hours they say so makes it difficult to work another job To fill in for this one being part time. One week work 40 hours next week 10. Also they don't give you enough time with each client to properly give them the treatment they paid for. It's very pricey and the client deserves the best treatment. Your rushed and you end up having to cut corners on hair removal. They recently hired new mangers for the centers, so it's in a transition, I don't think the new managers are being told same things that corporate is telling employees. I was told 2-3 days a week and it's in my contract I signed when hired but sometimes it's four days sometimes 2 with little hours. Unpredictable. Computer system is awful, takes time away from clients to wait for it to load. Very complicated process to get license for lasers. Also first week of training is in Tampa, it's all reimbursed food and everything but takes weeks to get Your money back, longer than a month. So you will need money ahead of time, license $200, food $60 day for that training week. Again you'll have to pay this all upfront and wait for your reimbursement. Some offices do not have break rooms or lunch rooms. Also need more laser hair removal equipment and rooms for busy offices. This would be a great part time job to work with another job but it's not flexible enough with schedule.

Advice to Management

Corporate is telling new nurses 2-3 days a week, 20-27 hours so make sure you follow that. Also allow more time for clients maybe they will buy more services.

7. "Not a healthy work environment"

Former Employee - Director in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Director in Omaha, NE

I worked at Ideal Image full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the customers is the only pro

Cons

Lack of direction, Lack of communication, Lack of everything overall

"Awesome benefits, management needs help"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ideal Image full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome benefits, great job depending on location and volume.

Cons

High turn over rate depending on location.

Advice to Management

Please stop the high turn over rate.

9. "Guest service consultant"

Former Employee - Guest Service Consultant in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Guest Service Consultant in Albany, NY

I worked at Ideal Image full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Schedule. Pay. Small office. Monthly bonus opportunity.

Cons

Lack of communication. Slow. Not much to do on down time. Long days.

"Sadly disappointing...."

Former Employee - Anonymous in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ideal Image full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall Casual cool work environment, prime location, free services, amazing colleagues, brand new corporate office, lots of catered lunches, cool industry, centers all over the country, holiday celebrations, lots of free sodas in the break room & so many K-cup options. Cool ideal Image gear- shirts, polos, jackets, bags, hats, water bottles.

Cons

Everyone's replaceable. Several new c-level executives making lots of changes. No regard for company's history or mission. Passive aggressive leadership tactics. Employee morale plummeted under new leadership & the corporate office became a cold, unfamiliar place. Dedicated long term employees abruptly leaving due to unfavorable work conditions & unfair treatment. No talking/socializing despite the "open environment" and "chill areas". Bottom line, it's pretty cutthroat around there and an extremely uncomfortable place to be right now. A year or so ago, I couldn't think of one single "con" to put down here. Sadly, so much has changed.....

Advice to Management

Don't be so quick to cast judgement & make uninformed decisions, you might actually learn something by asking & actually listening to what employees have to say. Be more genuine, a true leader actually respects their employees & is dedicated to seeing them succeed. Mutual respect is key to a successful organization, employees need to know that you are going to fight for them if you want them to fight for you. I know it's all about numbers and the bottom line, but maybe there's more to it. The company's mission is to change people's lives forever, to be a global industry leader, and provide exceptional customer service- how can you stand behind that if your actions undermine it entirely?

"Don't do it."

Former Employee - Lead Sales Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Lead Sales Consultant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Ideal Image full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not much to say really. I guess some of the free services are nice. The staff at the actual centers are great. Nurses and GSC's. Too bad the regional is horrible.

Cons

Shady and unprofessional regional managers. No support. I have been in sales for over 15 years and have never been treated so badly. Yes, potentially you can make money here. But be careful if the center is a slower one. And don't expect any support from your regional.

Advice to Management

Corporate office needs to look closely on how the Michigan offices are being managed by the regional. She is completely worthless.