Ideal Image Reviews | Glassdoor

Ideal Image Reviews

Updated Oct 6, 2019

Found 375 reviews

2.6
Ideal Image CEO David Prokupek (no image)
David Prokupek
  1. Featured Review

"Amazing Opportunities, Company Culture & Values"

Current Employee - Field Operations Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Amazing Career Paths for Internal and External Employees - Fun and Energetic Company Culture - Approachable Upper Management - Exciting and Lucrative Incentives - The ability to change people's lives! How cool is that? - Work/Life Balance

Cons

The Company has made tremendous strides to change for the better. I have no Cons to working for Ideal Image.

Advice to Management

The ELT is Incredible! Keep up the amazing work! You are approachable, consistent, transparent and wonderful to work for! Thank you for the opportunities, feedback, and positive reinforcement!

Ideal Image2019-01-09
  2. "Good Company to Work for"

Former Employee - Guest Service Consultant

I worked at Ideal Image full-time

Pros

Worked with great people, great perks of products and services

Cons

Worked a lot of hours at times

Ideal Image2019-10-06
  3. "Amateur Hour"

I worked at Ideal Image

Pros

One of the largest Med Spas in the U.S.

Cons

The leadership at this company is truly laughable. I worked for Ideal Image for multiple years in a leadership role and left on good terms. I received a call about an opportunity to come back and explored the potential of going back to work for them again. I will not bore you with details, but let me just say truly an amateur hour experience.

Advice to Management

Purchase “Recruiting for Dummies” and take some notes.

Ideal Image2019-10-05
  4. "Management is a mess."

Current Employee - Director of Client Care in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid Vacation Time Bonuses Flexible Hours Every Other Weekend Off

Cons

No Overtime Unless Absolutely Necessary Lack of Management Lack of Dress Code Options Lack of Nurses Scheduling for Guests Cannot Be Done With Ease

Ideal Image2019-09-29

October 2, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us as we continue to find ways to improve our company. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

"Hope to retire from this company!"

Current Employee - Skin, Face, and Body Specialist in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, great work environment, employee benefits, and compensation.

Cons

The retail hours are hard to work around sometimes, but make sense for the business and helps to work around employees with a school schedule.

Advice to Management

I love this job! I wish there was a way to help guests that have been displaced from competitors that have closed down. And military or student discounts.

Ideal Image2019-09-16

September 23, 2019

Thank you so much for this great feedback! We love hearing positive reviews from our employees. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to Ideal Image! We will look into your suggestions, we always strive to go above and beyond for our Guests.

"NOT valued as an employee and targets are unrealistic!"

Former Employee - Clinic Manager

I worked at Ideal Image full-time

Pros

Great employees at the clinic. Employee treatments are no cost IF you can ever get in for an appointment. The nurses are too busy with existing guests for employees to receive treatments.

Cons

Senior leaders do not value the employees and do not want to hear honest feedback of what is NOT working. Targets are becoming more unattainable so making far less than when I started. No support for Managers and no communication with management if there are any questions or concerns. Always changing but rarely in a good way.

Advice to Management

Care about ALL the employees. There is a reason you have high turnover. Ask for honest feedback and make the necessary changes or you will continue to have the unnecessary high cost due to attrition.

Ideal Image2019-09-14

September 23, 2019

We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience. We value all of our current and former employees’ feedback, and we would be happy to learn more about your time with Ideal Image and how we can improve. Please feel free to contact Human Resources to discuss. Thank you and we wish you the best.

"The (micro)management treats employees as dispensable numbers"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Edina, MN

I worked at Ideal Image full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Used to be a good company at the inception Free treatments for employees, however if you leave within 3 months from getting treatments, it will be deducted from your final paycheck Fellow nurses

Cons

Micro, micro management to the point of absurdity Fear for job safety Low employee morale as a result of micromanagement and fear of being punished/terminated Terrible workflow: constant double- and triple booking and HUGE turnover of employees. Unavoidable overtime, but you are going to be punished for it, ironically Incompetent management The corporate office is absolutely useless: you can never get a... response from Human Resources, Legal Department, or even CEO, unless you bombard them with emails or letters, or involve a lawyer.

Advice to Management

Appreciate loyal employees! The company spends more time and resources hiring new employees that might last a few months, the best scenario, than retaining their loyal ones that are a backbone of any company. I have been with Ideal Image for over 7 years, and have lived through 3 CEOs and 5 Regional Directors, which means that you are all replaceable as well.

Ideal Image2019-09-12

September 19, 2019

We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns and understand that we have come to a resolution. We wish you the best in your future endeavors

"Terrible company beware"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Miami, FL

I worked at Ideal Image full-time for more than a year

Pros

none worst employer around for an NP

Cons

Very poor job for NPs all around. Poor pay for NPs , unfair hours that are ever changing, even added Sundays to NP schedules right before I left. no room for NPs to advance in this company, dead end job for NPs that could easily be done by an esthetician. This company is a resume killer for NPs . This company does not care about nurse Practitioners only about making money. It is by far the worst company I have... ever worked for to date! Most of the good reviews are from management. NPs steer clear. Take any other offer over this horrible place.

Advice to Management

Clear out and get all new management and get rid of your non compete clause good companies don't need these.

Ideal Image2019-09-06

September 23, 2019

We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience in working for us. We are striving to make the company better in several aspects and we appreciate your feedback.

"This is a DON’T! Do not apply here, please-"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is literally no pros any more. This company USED to be great. I would say, top 20 in the Tampa area. But as of last year in April, a New CEO has stepped in, and with it, an avalanche of disappointment, hardships, and no direction.

Cons

There is a “for my own good, I will step on people’s livelihood” vibe here. You will get pushed to the limit, while being overlooked for all of the work that you do. This place is not the place you want to work at, as of right now. The only thing keeping me here is the fact that I must wait a transition period my spouse is going through before I make the jump!

Advice to Management

Stop overlooking, start acknowledging and giving people what they are owed in Wages, titles, compensations, time off and more.

Ideal Image2019-08-14

September 23, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We are working hard to get back to being an "Employer of Choice". Please feel free to reach out to Human Resources with any suggestions you have.

"Good Beginning Aesthetics Job"

Former Employee - Treatment Provider in Miami, FL

I worked at Ideal Image full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training in every service offered by Ideal Image, 4 days a week is considered full time (shifts are more than 8 hours long), general flexibility with your schedule (you can request to work monday-thurs one week, and weds-sat the following week if you want to take a trip friday-tuesday without using PTO)

Cons

You are looked at as a factory worker who's primary goal is to make money for the company. This is the not the job where you will be recognized as a well-educated PA/NP/RN. Patients are not given enough time for their treatments; you will rush through treatments because you have another patient waiting. Additionally, you will often have multiple treatments scheduled at the same time (ie.. you have a coolsculpting... patient who gets placed on the machine and you have 30 minutes to cram a laser hair removal appointment or better yet an injectable appointment during those 30 minutes before the coolsculpting patient needs to be taken off the machine). During your shift there is a sales consultant who will interrupt you during your scheduled treatments in order to get an assessment. If that new client purchases, you are to take that new client and make your existing patients wait while you treat the new client. As you can imagine this makes for a chaotic and unpredictable schedule with disgruntled patients AND disgruntled sales consultants who rely on you to take new clients in order for them to get their commission. You will feel like you work in an Emergency Department Medspa. You will work through lunches and you will stay late in order to see all of your patients. However, because the company does not want to pay you, you will be reprimanded for this. With that said, this job is a great way to get your foot in the door into the aesthetics industry. This is not the job where you will say to yourself "wow I could see working here forever." Put in your time, work hard, get the experience, and find a company/physician who values you and will compensate you fairly. Commission/Bonus structures, company policies, and organization constantly change. Ideal Image does not match 401k.

Advice to Management

See above.

Ideal Image2019-08-13

September 23, 2019

Thank you for your post. We are always looking to improve our employees’ experience and appreciate your insight into ways we can do better.

Found 375 reviews