Ideal Image Reviews | Glassdoor

Ideal Image Reviews

Updated Sep 16, 2019

Found 372 reviews

2.6
Ideal Image CEO David Prokupek (no image)
David Prokupek

"RUN"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Love everyone that I work with at my center

Cons

Will work you to death and figure out the best ways to pay you as little as possible. Constant change. Shady.

Ideal Image2019-05-16

"Do not work here"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Ideal Image full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The women you work with and the clients are amazing

Cons

I worked for this company for 8 years. I watched it go from being the most incredible growing company to a sinking ship. It was so sad to see what happened over the last 2 years. Employees have voiced concerns and the company didn't listen. It was all about the $. It was at the expense of customer service. If you cant treat employees and clients right, you won't succeed. It's simple. Management lost touch with what... was happening in the center. Daily actions were determined by looking at numbers on a computer.

Advice to Management

Get back in touch with the center employees and clients. You have to reinvest and spend money to make money, not withhold, pinch, and crack the whip. You try and make every center fit into your cookie cutter model. It won't work. The staff and dynamics in each center are different and need to be treated as such.

Ideal Image2019-05-11

"If you have a family this is not the job for you"

Former Employee - Skin Care Consultant

I worked at Ideal Image full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

free treatments and the girls in my center were amazing

Cons

They will work you to death. If you have a family or plan on having one I would not recommend. They are open retail hours but with less employees and lower pay. It is miserable. They increased our hours over the last 6 months but reduced the staff. Not sure how they thought that was going to work but nobody wants to be there 6-7 days a week and doing the job of 2-3 people.

Advice to Management

Cut the hours back down or start efficiently staffing your centers. You have goals for your staff to meet but do not provide the tools and staff to do so.

Ideal Image2019-04-12

"Wouldn’t let my dog work here"

Current Employee - Provider in Akron, OH

I have been working at Ideal Image part-time for less than a year

Pros

I cannot think of one pro to working for ideal image. Oh wait, I was given a thousand dollar “severance” payment when they had to let me go due to budget cuts. Ow wasn’t that the nicest thing ever??? 🤣

Cons

Hired in March after one quick interview. Started beginning of April, went through training and orientation only to be met with HR after one month to be told “sorry, we hired too many people”. Let go immediately after being totally blindsided. So so disappointed with the lack of professionalism from this company. They push customers into buying and lack ethics. Should have listened to my gut and RAN! Shame on this... company.

Advice to Management

Here’s and idea, let’s not go all crazy and hire all these people that you have no business hiring. You are messing with people’s livelihood. Must be nice to have a job to return to and be free from “over hiring”. I hope your company drowns.

Ideal Image2019-05-02

"Lot of Change"

Current Employee - CCA

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, helpful staff ~ Great pay

Cons

New Hires have to work every weekend, and nights (until 10pm) ~

Ideal Image2019-03-16

"Great co-workers. Unstable company"

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for more than a year

Pros

Providers and customer care staff are great. Everyone working together for the goal.

Cons

Constant changes in promotions are hard to explain to clients, and can change from day to day. Changes in bonus and commission goals. Leads are not thoroughly screened, and come in with misconceptions about the services and their costs.

Advice to Management

Encourage your employees with realistic goals.

Ideal Image2019-03-20

"It's not worth your sanity"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Madison, WI

I worked at Ideal Image full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free services- that you don't receive because you are too busy

Cons

Company has a lot of turnover and management is unwilling to help staff. Retaliation on employees who express grievances. There are opinions by some staff and clients as to the company having questionable ethical values (when is comes to treatments and unsatisfied clients). There are some requirements by the company that could risk RNs to lose their license if something were to happen to a client. I have also seen... injections done improperly, there was even an Instagram video of this! I have seen multiple clients have really bad fillers done, and when they complain they are told to pay more to have it fixed (and even then it doesn't look right). Some of the staff refer clients to a facility close by, because they don't have faith in one of the injection nurses! Minimal room for advancement within the company. Bonus plans and employee benefits change frequently. Provider Policies also frequently change, making it difficult to follow proper protocol. Training can be very good, but varies based on staffing needs and may be cut short; resulting in minimally trained and unprepared providers. Some facilities are very busy and you may be required to work without breaks on a regular basis. I believe some issues are corporate wide. Clinic management and other employees warned me after being hired that this particular clinic is known for being negative, but it was surpising to find that it was the regional and clinic management creating many of the issues; and employees were fearful of retaliation for voicing concerns about management. I agree with previous statements regarding working the staff into the ground then making it difficult for them to take time off. They do create a toxic environment. Employees are encouraged to get on board with reporting people for any little thing, and if someone might be on the chopping block they call employees and ask them for information on that person no matter how small and opinion based it is, and then use it as leverage for termination. They do have a lot of turnover and fire people over silly things, that are twisted to make them seem more serious. The company is centered around corporate greed over client satisfaction and safety. I personally should have listened to my gut instinct and left after the first couple of weeks.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees who are expressing big issues within your company. Stop allowing managers to get away with falsifying documents and taking advantage of their roles. Have better protocols in place for reprimanding employees. It should be documented and signed by all parties involved, that what was discussed is agreed upon, so management can't change it later. Employees should then be given time to correct... any wrong doing prior to being terminated. There are so many unethical things going on at your facilities, and it is absolutely disgusting.

Ideal Image2019-04-11

"It’s like high school all over again."

Former Employee - GSC in Fox Point, WI

I worked at Ideal Image part-time for more than a year

Pros

The clients were amazing and fun.

Cons

If you want to go back to high school work here. When I first started I absolutely loved the job it was amazing but shortly after I realized why turn over was so high. It’s because management was terrible. Girls who worked there would bully other employees to do their jobs and then run to higher ups and complain that we were being difficult if we questioned why we are doing someone else’s job. And wait....... management wouldn’t even care to hear your side of the story they would just take the word of the “lead”. If you wanted to reach out to management and tell them that others were being down right mean, making fun of you, poking fun, treating you like you were their personal assistant you would be told that you were just “too emotional” and to “stop caring so much”. Leaving this company after a year and a half was the best decision I made. You should never work some where if you are bringing the stress home with you. I would absolutely dread going to work the next day. And forget about being appreciated. I was a part time employee working full time hours. I picked up any shift at any center when ever someone needed it, but never once did I feel appreciated. It started to feel like I had to say yes to picking up shifts that weren’t covered because if I said no it was like I was getting in trouble or I was looked down upon. And I have seen a lot of reviews on here that are really great, and I can 100% agree that I was given an incentive to write great reviews on here, and google. It’s awful. The company just doesn’t care about its employees. They care only about their “image” which changes a lot.

Advice to Management

You need to listen to all sides of the story when there is conflict. There are lots of “lead” positions that lie and jumble the truth to just to prove a point that they are better than other employees.

Ideal Image2019-04-12

"Just Avoid"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Ideal Image full-time

Pros

Good hours. No holidays.

Cons

Lots of petty gossip. Unprofessional relationship between sales staff and nursing staff. VERY low pay compared to hospitals.

Ideal Image2019-04-07

"Work hard for your money"

Current Employee - Lead Sales Consultant

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team members, money, variable schedule

Cons

Variable schedule, work your way up

Ideal Image2019-02-28