Ideal Image Sales Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Ideal Image Sales Consultant Reviews

Updated Jun 19, 2019

Found 54 reviews

2.2
Ideal Image CEO David Prokupek (no image)
David Prokupek
  1. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Lead Sales Consultant in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working at Ideal Image of Asheville. The guests are amazing as well as my coworkers. I have never worked in an Office where everyone works together so quickly and efficiently. They really do care very much about their guests and bend over backwards for the guests that need extra attention.

Cons

Although we do not get full coverage insurance we get an amazing stipend to help our out of pocket expenses.

Ideal Image2019-02-05

"Hard to make a true check"

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Team can be fun and friendly if in the right atmosphere

Cons

Really hard to make any money - Have to sell around $100,000 to really make any good money after your draw. Sales goals are unrealistic.

Ideal Image2019-06-18

"Worst company ever"

Former Employee - Lead Sales Consultant

I worked at Ideal Image full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is great IF you hit goal

Cons

No work life balance, incompetence, constant change, unqualified employees running centers, no loyalty to employees

Advice to Management

This is the biggest joke of a company. A multi million dollar international company should not be run so poorly. The incompetence of upper management is absolutely laughable. No work life balance at all. Work 6 days a week as if that is normal, but now centers are open 12 days straight at the end of the month. 12 days 10-12 (sometimes more) hour days with out a day off is wrong. If you can’t do it you are looked... at as weak and not a team player. Forget advising HR about SERIOUS issues, because they do not give a crap. They will sit and listen to you and thank you for making them aware yet do NOTHING. Management is verbally abusive to employees who don’t do exactly as told or asks questions. Pay dates changed at the last minute for commission pay out. You know people expect their money a certain day to pay bills, right?! They also changed the commission structure 3 times in less than two years (not for the better) yet wanted more more more out of their employees. They run their great sales people into the ground so they can no longer perform due to exhaustion. If you complain about anything that is going on that is not right you are retaliated against or made to be the bad guy. NO TRAINING. They used to send you to Florida and do an in office training for a week at corporate then have a seasoned consultant train you in the field. Nope, not anymore. You get a week to shadow someone (if that) and are thrown to the wolves. No one cares about your investment in your career or success there because everyone is disposable in ideal images eyes. Wake UP.

Ideal Image2019-06-19

"Horrible. All recent good reviews are from corporate trying to save face."

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in North Charleston, SC

I worked at Ideal Image full-time for less than a year

Pros

Literally nothing. Sometimes you have cool coworkers

Cons

Everything. Upper management is a joke. They will take advantage of your hard work and pay you nothing while treating you horrible. No work life balance

Advice to Management

Realize once upon a time ..a long long time ago this company was decent. Get back to that. Fire upper management

Ideal Image2019-06-16
  5. "Fun"

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time

Pros

Easy , relaxed. discounted product and services

Cons

Hours vary, set schedules rotate

Ideal Image2019-05-13

"RUN"

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Love everyone that I work with at my center

Cons

Will work you to death and figure out the best ways to pay you as little as possible. Constant change. Shady.

Ideal Image2019-05-16

"Do not work here"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Ideal Image full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The women you work with and the clients are amazing

Cons

I worked for this company for 8 years. I watched it go from being the most incredible growing company to a sinking ship. It was so sad to see what happened over the last 2 years. Employees have voiced concerns and the company didn't listen. It was all about the $. It was at the expense of customer service. If you cant treat employees and clients right, you won't succeed. It's simple. Management lost touch with what... was happening in the center. Daily actions were determined by looking at numbers on a computer.

Advice to Management

Get back in touch with the center employees and clients. You have to reinvest and spend money to make money, not withhold, pinch, and crack the whip. You try and make every center fit into your cookie cutter model. It won't work. The staff and dynamics in each center are different and need to be treated as such.

Ideal Image2019-05-11

"Work hard for your money"

Current Employee - Lead Sales Consultant

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team members, money, variable schedule

Cons

Variable schedule, work your way up

Ideal Image2019-02-28

"Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Lead Sales Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time for more than a year

Pros

The patients and co-workers. Could have been the best in the industry.

Cons

Don’t even know where to begin... Corporate is setting all sales consultants, medical staff and some managers up for failure. Stealing money out of our paychecks, not paying “promised” bonuses, and over-working all staff. Area and Regional Managers are such a joke. They sit at home all day having “Zoom Meetings,” then talk bad about one another. No manager in-clinic. Sales consultants have to do their jobs for them.... No communication. Changes everyday. If you want to be lied to, work 50+ hours, stress daily about what your check will look like, perfect job for you. I have to get out of this place before I lose my mind. Read all of the recent reviews!!! They are all so true!The 5-Star reviews come from corporate to try to make themselves look better. If the corporate employees spent as much time at the clinic level, rather than on Glassdoor, then they wouldn’t be losing amazing people left and right! This company is going to tank and I won’t be around much longer to have it bring me down with them. Like everyone else says...RUN FAR from this company. Dave should stick with flipping burgers or wake up, smell the coffee and see what he is doing to this multi-million/billion/whatever dollar company.

Advice to Management

Fire all of yourselves and start all over. The best managers got fired and replaced with greedy and heartless ones.

Ideal Image2019-02-06

"Loved my position, & the opportunity to meet with guests every day."

Former Employee - Lead Sales Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Ideal Image full-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved the guests I worked with, truly wanted to help them find solutions that should help them feel better about themselves. Passionate about this field. Developed strong relationships with people I worked with.

Cons

We do NOT offer competitive laser hair removal pricing. Constant turnover of managers, administrative & medical staff resulted in guests being rescheduled multiple times after spending $1000s of dollars with us. It was embarrassing, & gave us a terrible reputation that I had no control over. There was zero work-life balance. It's such a shame. There is so much potential for this place, but we simply did not have... the autonomy or support to make this place as successful as possible.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people!

Ideal Image2019-01-06