Ideal Image Sales Consultant Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2021

3.4
Ideal Image Chief Executive Officer David Prokupek (no image)
David Prokupek

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ideal Image and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Good work/life balance

Apr 17, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

They don’t make you sacrifice every hour of your life for a paycheck. The work is enjoyable and the pay is incredible for the hours you put in.

Cons

I didn’t really experience any cons, I just decided to make a career change.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Building block to a successful career

Apr 5, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

A really good company to pursue if want to get into aesthetics. I see it as going to school to get an education while getting paid to do it. It’s the perfect building block to break into the industry and start a fruitful career. You can eventually move on to better pay in the industry but you have to start somewhere first

Cons

High pressure sales situations .

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

It was a good run while it lasted

Apr 9, 2021 - Lead Sales Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worked here for many years. Prior to Covid, it was a somewhat prestigious, consultative face-to-face sales position with amazing co-workers, generous PTO, free treatments, fun work environment, changing people's lives, and making a consistent 6 figure income... until it wasn't. Covid changed everything. The mighty Titanic is starting to sink, and I got off the ship just in the nick of time.

Cons

Management was always questionable. I had a couple good direct supervisors along the way, but most were incompetent idiots. Promotions and hiring's were usually based on popularity and the best Kool-Aid drinkers, and "big chain corporations" on the resume, not always on merit. Questionable customer service, shady sales tactics, a horrendous refund policy, extremely poor communication, at times inexperienced and overworked nurses doing treatments they weren't properly trained on, and the once lucrative sales position making an easy six-figure income, turned into nothing more than a glorified call center position where the majority of the reps are making a 40k draw or pennies over. The hand full of seasoned reps that stayed and figured out how to not have a mental breakdown working 12 hour shifts taking call after call, zoom after zoom, are doing really well. Perhaps some psych meds for breakfast? In any event, it's a shadow of the company it once was, and although I'm happy to be in a better place, I will always look back with fond memories of what Ideal Image once was. #RIP Bruce Fabel #Five star reviews from "Tampa" are all fake

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0

A positive experience

Mar 28, 2021 - Lead Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I initially thought this would be a soul sucking job that would just help me pay the bills until I figured something else out sometime down the line. Turns out I was wrong. Ideal Image provides a healthy work environment and a great company culture where everyone strives for excellence and looks out for one another.

Cons

Not many cons to speak of.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not bad

Mar 25, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’m not going to sugar coat this and make it seem like it’s the best place to work ever. Ideal Image has its problems. However, the steady paycheck, learning opportunities and the ability to make bonuses by meeting sales goals should be motivation enough for any well-meaning medical professional searching for a steady job to apply.

Cons

Nitpicking aside I don’t have any cons.

6. 5.0

Strongly recommend

Apr 13, 2021 - Lead Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits Welcoming work environment Clean facilities Emphasis on client care Competent managers Nice coworkers

Cons

Limited opportunities for growth Expensive benefits packages

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Warm and welcoming culture

Mar 16, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

My overall experience at Ideal Image has been positive. Not once have I felt underappreciated or disrespected in anyway. The hours can often be long but it’s nothing I wasn’t told to expect anyways whilst onboarding. The wage is fair and my co-workers are a pure joy to work with.

Cons

Medical benefits are on the expensive side.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Toxic environment, should’ve listened to the reviews

Oct 17, 2020 - Sales Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you get lucky enough to reach the ridiculously high sales goals they set you can make a decent amount in commission. If not, you would make more working at McDonald’s with you hours worked vs the base pay you will receive.

Cons

-No work life balance, you are expected to stay from open until close (13 hours days) regardless of whether you even have consultations. -The promotions change every few days, so it always felt like you were ripping off the customer (one day is one price and the next it would be thousands of dollars more expensive) They trick every customer into getting their “first treatment” done like they are doing them a favor but really that is their way of locking them into their contract. -If you ever see a bunch of good reviews all in a row from around the same date it’s because we were forced to write them...for Glassdoor and Google to increase their star rating-they watched us to make sure we were writing positive things and giving 5 stars, and then we had to tell guests that we knew would give us 5 stars to write them for us -They work the nurses like dogs, they are forced to pack in every “first treatment” on top of their already packed schedule, have to go into their lunch or stay after to get all the treatments done. -The upper management is so far out of touch, they literally just throw something at the wall and see if it sticks. The amount of promotions, policies, things that change from day to day is unreal. -I wish I would have taken the reviews on here seriously, I really was excited to work here and wish my experience was different. People work here until it breaks them. They are losing really talented, hardworking people and it’s sad to see what this place does to people.

6 people found this review helpful

Head of People

I am sorry you didn't have the experience we believe is the standard at Ideal Image. Related to your comments on management communication, we are working hard in this area and are actively establishing methods to increase the frequency and scope of our our two way communication. We believe several initiatives such as our recent engagement surveys, monthly company-wide town halls, as well as even more direct correspondence will further improve this area. We thank you for your time and feedback, and take all comments into careful consideration.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Run in the opposite direction

Apr 6, 2020 - Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can make a decent commission wage if you are willing to work an erratic schedule with zero room for life outside of work.

Cons

This company lures “guests” in with false advertising and false promises. As a sales consultant it is your job to fix it, flip it and make them pay cash with a high average sale and quick turnaround. Never mind the endless pressure to up-sell existing guests. Management is a joke. The entire structure is a revolving door of unqualified people who are coached out of fear and manage out of fear. Micromanagement doesn’t even begin to describe how this group operates. There is always constant pressure for more. More hours, more sales, more up-sells, more doing other people’s jobs bc the staff is never correct. Then we get into the little stuff like never getting a lunch break unless the business allows it. Never getting approval for doctors appointments without a 90 day notice. Being expected to work an hour past your shift every day if necessary. Every level of this company values the bottom line over its employees AND it’s guest experience.

3 people found this review helpful

Head of People

We are very sorry to hear your perspective of your experience with us. Transparency and care for one another are some of our top priorities, and we are sorry you did not see these values expressed how we intended them to be. In regards to your comments on management, we are always seeking an occasion to reward our teammates' hard work. When the opportunity presents itself we always look to help our teammates further their careers and achieve their goals when it is the the right fit for both the individual and those around them A large number of our clinic, area, and regional managers are long term teammates who progressed their careers which began in the clinics. We appreciate the hard work of every teammate, and hope to use your experience to help us better convey that appreciation. Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your opinions and advice.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Management needs work

Nov 6, 2020 - Sales Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are okay and there are some growth opportunities

Cons

As every company this Corp is all about their money and doesn’t truly care about employees

1 person found this review helpful

Head of People

At Ideal Image, we consistently review our benefits programs, as well as other ways to support one another. We hear your initial concerns, and are sorry you haven't had the same experience as many of our other teammates. We would love to hear more specific feedback, and encourage you to reach out to a member of the HR team or HR@idealimage.com with suggestions or further insight as to how we may better assist you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 73 Reviews