KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Ideal Image

Engaged Employer

Ideal Image

Add a Review

Ideal Image Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jan 14, 2021

Found 29 of over 562 reviews

3.3
Ideal Image Chief Executive Officer David Prokupek (no image)
David Prokupek
Pros
  • "Great leadership team, free treatments, good PTO program(in 76 reviews)

• "Hourly pay is competitive, bonuses paid when sales goals achieved, nurses get some free services, no graveyard shifts(in 31 reviews)

• Cons
  • "They are flexible and local management strives for work/life balance but it is ultimately retail(in 46 reviews)

• "Turnover rate is extraordinarily high yet somehow upper management has remained intact for over a decade(in 29 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ideal Image and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Manager

Sep 19, 2018 - Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love what we do. Great company as long as you can adapt to change because we are growing so much. I love coming to work every day! We get treatments :)

Cons

Transparency(past) - This has made such an improvement over the last year and the new CEO makes decisions that make sense. Upper Management is supportive and you can be yourself.

12 people found this review helpful
    2. 1.0

Beware

Jan 14, 2021 - Director of Client Care
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unfortunately, my entire experience with this company was negative. I did get to work with some great people though and there is a team bonus which is nice.

Cons

This company is driven only by greed and will stop at nothing to get the sale. While there is always some promotion being advertised, rarely are the promos actually good deals. There is no regular price so the percentage off will always get you within the same range. I've seen full legs go anywhere from $3500 to $7000 despite the "sale" of 70% off. Sales consultants are under a massive amount of pressure, often booked consultations back to back, all day and left zero time for follow up however that is also mandatory. In addition to the loads of leads that you have a set time to contact. Since this position is salaried, you are expected to stay until the job is done often working 6 days a week to make goal. Non sales positions are not exempt from the pressure either. Providers are also expected to upsell guests during treatment which is fine if the conversation is organic but very uncomfortable otherwise. Front desk staff are expected to sell as well which would be fine if there was time. This role is often left to one person and really is a 2 person job. In addition to running the office, flipping treatment rooms, filing, taking inquiry calls; just squeeze in sales whenever possible. No 2 locations seem to do things the same way making it extremely confusing for guests looking to transfer between locations. Rarely is anyone on the same page. Treatment times are rushed leaving zero wiggle room leaving providers exhausted and since there is no time for charting, this is often left to complete at the end of the day. After all cleaning is complete. They prefer to stay under staffed to keep costs low however this often causes remaining staff to be over worked. Turnover rate is extraordinarily high yet somehow upper management has remained intact for over a decade. They claim to have an open door policy however when staff approach management with feedback or concerns feel it is often met with hostility and defensiveness. You are reprimanded for asking questions and demeaned for not working hard enough. Long story short, read the BBB reviews on the company as a whole. Speaks volumes coming from a consumer and I can tell you first hand- it's all true.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee

Not worth the salary - chaotic, long hours, no job security

Nov 25, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Slightly higher salary than other companies, family discounts for botox, etc.

Cons

I would not recommend Ideal Image for anyone in Finance. Mid-management provides little guidance and direction, resulting in most of the good employees leaving at the first opportunity. Upper management will not hesitate to furlough employees with no notice, garnish their wages, and/or let them go to cut costs. While their salary offerings may seem attractive at first glance, Ideal Image is not someplace that is a good career move long term.

2 people found this review helpful

Head of People

There are many advantageous aspects of beginning a career at Ideal Image. Thank you for taking the time to provide your opinion. We see the value in continuing to improve how we listen to our teammates within a growing company, and take take all feedback to heart. Given the nature of some of your concerns, please feel free to reach out to a member of the HR team or myself with any ideas or other specific feedback. In such an unprecedented time, we are actively seeking ways to better support our teammates and would appreciate any additional insight. We have continued to improve our communication methods per some feedback we have received, and are actively implementing more two way communications.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Toxic environment, should’ve listened to the reviews

Oct 17, 2020 - Sales Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you get lucky enough to reach the ridiculously high sales goals they set you can make a decent amount in commission. If not, you would make more working at McDonald’s with you hours worked vs the base pay you will receive.

Cons

-No work life balance, you are expected to stay from open until close (13 hours days) regardless of whether you even have consultations. -The promotions change every few days, so it always felt like you were ripping off the customer (one day is one price and the next it would be thousands of dollars more expensive) They trick every customer into getting their “first treatment” done like they are doing them a favor but really that is their way of locking them into their contract. -If you ever see a bunch of good reviews all in a row from around the same date it’s because we were forced to write them...for Glassdoor and Google to increase their star rating-they watched us to make sure we were writing positive things and giving 5 stars, and then we had to tell guests that we knew would give us 5 stars to write them for us -They work the nurses like dogs, they are forced to pack in every “first treatment” on top of their already packed schedule, have to go into their lunch or stay after to get all the treatments done. -The upper management is so far out of touch, they literally just throw something at the wall and see if it sticks. The amount of promotions, policies, things that change from day to day is unreal. -I wish I would have taken the reviews on here seriously, I really was excited to work here and wish my experience was different. People work here until it breaks them. They are losing really talented, hardworking people and it’s sad to see what this place does to people.

6 people found this review helpful

Head of People

I am sorry you didn't have the experience we believe is the standard at Ideal Image. Related to your comments on management communication, we are working hard in this area and are actively establishing methods to increase the frequency and scope of our our two way communication. We believe several initiatives such as our recent engagement surveys, monthly company-wide town halls, as well as even more direct correspondence will further improve this area. We thank you for your time and feedback, and take all comments into careful consideration.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lower stress job

Nov 27, 2019 - Lead Medical Professional in South Windsor, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and lower stress work environment. Free treatments. Big change from sick and angry patients to mostly pleasant ones. Love my medical regional and the support she provides. Has been awesome learning injectables... is an art form and interesting.

Cons

No 401 k match, below market average pay for NPs, medical role is not respected as it should be. Lots of changes constantly made by upper management.

Head of People

Thank you so much for taking the time for this review. We have listened to feedback, and are able to announce we are rolling out a new Employer 401(k) Match program in January of 2021! We appreciate all advice and constructive feedback! You have some great suggestions, and we are looking into them now. Thank you for your time and efforts at Ideal Image.

6. 1.0

Worst Company I’ve Ever Worked For

Mar 30, 2020 - Director of Client Care
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free treatments ( if you can ever get fit into the schedule)

Cons

Understaffed CONSTANTLY because they can’t keep employees or they decide to lay them off to save money, company treats employees like garbage-you know you are replaceable and they remind you often, upper management only cares about hitting sales targets which become increasingly unattainable, no room for advancement , no 401k match, no one takes their health insurance, no pay if center is closed due to circumstances out of your control, center managers basically can do whatever they want because no one oversees their management, sales is so overpaid that they can’t afford to pay anyone else a fair salary, company will not listen to employee input, complaints are totally ignored, I could literally go on forever.

Head of People

We apologize for the experience you had while working with Ideal Image and in no way wanted you to leave with this type of impression. We do value the feedback from all our teams and understand that each person brings a level of insight that we can learn from as a company. Many of our Area Managers and Clinic Managers have come from roles such as the DCC position and we continue to focus on how we can provide the best development training for all our leaders to advance their careers. We are proud of our people and the careers they have made for themselves while at Ideal Image. Thank you for your feedback as we will always look to improve our company and welcome the insight of others to make us better.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

No work life balance

Jul 10, 2019 - Registered Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good insurance but have to pay big bucks for it. Paid maternity leave but good luck hearing back from HR. Free services IF you can ever get squeezed in.

Cons

Expanded hours a ridiculous amount and changed holiday hours last minute. Then after extending hours and staff, cut back on hours and laid off a lot of Med Pros across the country. Upper management micro-manages you. No recognition for a job well done, just nitpicking small errors or overtime that can’t be avoided since we are working with bare boned staff. Beware of positive reviews, most of them are Field Ops who are unethical and promoted despite others getting fired for doing their same practices. Regionals are expected to be on the road all the time but are always in offices with closed doors having “meetings” and “calls.” Free trainings so RNs come to get trained then leave despite having non-competes but Legal never does anything about it.

8 people found this review helpful

Ideal Image Response

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We know we have things to work on but appreciate the feedback so we can continue to improve.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee

Get all services free!

Apr 22, 2020 - Sales Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive staff and free servies

Cons

Upper management is out of touch with what is happening on a center level.

Head of People

Thank you for your feedback. We are working to build the best culture as possible at Ideal Image. The support we receive from one another is a vital aspect of this culture, and we are glad you recognize this too. Recently we have further "upped" our communication game, as we realize the comments and ideas from within Ideal are invaluable as we actively pursue ways to better ourselves and those around us. Our engagement surveys, town halls, and places to leave feedback are great ways to provide your insight as to how we may improve. We appreciate your time and dedication to helping us continue to be the best versions of ourselves we can each day.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Policies Constantly Change; Pay Insufficient

May 31, 2019 - DCC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free treatments, great coworkers--some guests really do gain a whole new level of confidence from their treatments.

Cons

Various business practices can be shady at times. It's interesting that six glowing 5 star reviews were all posted May 13, 2019 despite most reviews being far more negative. I've seen consultants not receive any commission after their center meets its $100k+ goal. Upper management makes sure no one feels they have job security. When the center is busy, there is no work/life balance--you will be asked to come in on your days off, and expect plenty of 10 or 12 hour shifts. My interview was misleading and overhyped my compensation. Constant policy changes and turnover make scheduling and rescheduling guests (many of whom have spent thousands for their services) a constant headache.

15 people found this review helpful

Ideal Image Response

We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience. We value all of our current and former employees’ feedback, and we would be happy to learn more about your time with Ideal Image and how we can improve. Please feel free to contact Human Resources to discuss. Thank you and we wish you the best.

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Staff that cares...Awful management and upper management

Nov 4, 2019 - Director of Client Care in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Gret team of nurses and sales team who care deeply about their clients

Cons

Upper management is a complete JOKE!!! They are not trained to manage people and treat nurses, sales and front desk poorly...Reviews are worth reading.

5 people found this review helpful

Head of People

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback, and encourage you to reach out to HR@idealimage.com with specific insight so we may better support you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews