Ideal Image Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 27, 2020

Found 60 of over 562 reviews

3.3
Ideal Image Chief Executive Officer David Prokupek (no image)
David Prokupek
Pros
  • "Great leadership team, free treatments, good PTO program(in 76 reviews)

• "Hourly pay is competitive, bonuses paid when sales goals achieved, nurses get some free services, no graveyard shifts(in 31 reviews)

• Cons
  • "They are flexible and local management strives for work/life balance but it is ultimately retail(in 46 reviews)

• "Turnover rate is extraordinarily high yet somehow upper management has remained intact for over a decade(in 29 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ideal Image and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Committed Employer

Jun 10, 2020 - Regional Director in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company is committed to growth of teams, individuals and clinics. They have strong leadership working to implement change and are agile and adaptable in there thinking. Great place to set roots and develop a career. Promote from within whenever possible.

Cons

Hours - if you are not willing to accept this as a retail position it would not be for you. They are flexible and local management strives for work/life balance but it is ultimately retail.

Head of People

Thank you for your helpful feedback! We are always looking for the best ways to develop our people for growth while continuing to evolve our company in an agile way. How we provide the best environment for our teams is one of our main focus. We appreciate your positive message and recognition of our strong leadership. We will also take your feedback and look for ways to continue to partner with our field teams to gain the best insights on our growing business.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Toxic environment, should’ve listened to the reviews

Oct 17, 2020 - Sales Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you get lucky enough to reach the ridiculously high sales goals they set you can make a decent amount in commission. If not, you would make more working at McDonald’s with you hours worked vs the base pay you will receive.

Cons

-No work life balance, you are expected to stay from open until close (13 hours days) regardless of whether you even have consultations. -The promotions change every few days, so it always felt like you were ripping off the customer (one day is one price and the next it would be thousands of dollars more expensive) They trick every customer into getting their “first treatment” done like they are doing them a favor but really that is their way of locking them into their contract. -If you ever see a bunch of good reviews all in a row from around the same date it’s because we were forced to write them...for Glassdoor and Google to increase their star rating-they watched us to make sure we were writing positive things and giving 5 stars, and then we had to tell guests that we knew would give us 5 stars to write them for us -They work the nurses like dogs, they are forced to pack in every “first treatment” on top of their already packed schedule, have to go into their lunch or stay after to get all the treatments done. -The upper management is so far out of touch, they literally just throw something at the wall and see if it sticks. The amount of promotions, policies, things that change from day to day is unreal. -I wish I would have taken the reviews on here seriously, I really was excited to work here and wish my experience was different. People work here until it breaks them. They are losing really talented, hardworking people and it’s sad to see what this place does to people.

6 people found this review helpful

Head of People

I am sorry you didn't have the experience we believe is the standard at Ideal Image. Related to your comments on management communication, we are working hard in this area and are actively establishing methods to increase the frequency and scope of our our two way communication. We believe several initiatives such as our recent engagement surveys, monthly company-wide town halls, as well as even more direct correspondence will further improve this area. We thank you for your time and feedback, and take all comments into careful consideration.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to call home

Apr 24, 2020 - Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ideal Image is a great company to work for that truly cares about the well being of their employees. Unfortunately, due to the Covid crisis they did have to downsize some employees which is where I am assuming many of the negative ratings came from recently. Ideal Image has given me and my family so many great opportunities. If you work hard, sales reps can and do make $85k+ realistically. They even offer opportunities to work from home and in the two main offices in Tampa or St. Louis. You can have as much or as little work life balance as you would like. If you want to work 8 hours a day, fine. If you want to work 15 hours a day, fine too. The more you put in, the more you get out. This job is life changing for people. There are endless opportunities for advancement and people are always promoted from within. The company has had to completely reinvent the way they do business in the crisis and they are adapting to the changes that are going on in the world. They recently launched virtual consultations to keep business going while the clinics are closed. They are constantly adapting to changes that go on in the med spa industry with new services, procedures, and promotions. Ideal offers a phenomenal PTO package where your first year you get 2 weeks and 2 floating holidays. The commission structure is very lucrative and you have a $50 per person potential on top of your forgivable draw. It is not unheard of for sales reps to make $7k-$10k+ a month. There are evening and weekend hours but those are the times where you have the most money making potential and they have been great with working with my schedule. You also typically get your schedule a month in advance so there is plenty of time to rearrange if necessary. Management is always available to assist you if you need help and the trainers are a great source of support as well. I have seen people leave the company and then come back because the culture, compensation, and opportunity is unmatched. If you are looking for a career where you can make amazing money and advance in the aesthetics industry, Ideal Image is a place you can call home.

Cons

No 401k match yet, family insurance can be pricy.

2 people found this review helpful

Head of People

Thank you for leaving this review for us. In regards to your comment, Ideal Image has developed a 401k matching program beginning in January 2021. Thanks to reviews and teammate feedback like yours, we are able to adapt to better support our team. We are so grateful to have such passionate team members on board with us. We are so passionate about the development of our teammates, and always seek an opportunity to reward one another for hard work. We believe personal and professional support are vital across the board. Therefore we are always reviewing our benefits and compensation for teammates, and all feedback is extremely helpful to us.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Aesthetic Nursing

Oct 27, 2020 - Registered Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning aesthetic treatments/PTO/no overnight shifts

Cons

Work life balance/understaffed/quickly trained in services

Be the first to find this review helpful

Head of People

We believe entering the rapidly expanding world of aesthetics is an amazing opportunity for medical professionals, and are pleased to hear you enjoyed the benefits of aesthetics. We take pride in providing the highest quality, most thorough training for aesthetic medical professionals and would love to hear your perspective on this topic. Please feel free to email HR@idealimage.com with any particular comments and feedback. Thank you for your time at Ideal Image and within this review.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Nurse -

Feb 9, 2020 - Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free treatments and great training

Cons

No work- life balance, long hours, forced to fit in first time treatments even if you have a full schedule, appointments shortened when we have so many clients who take longer to treat due to intolerance. I started off loving the job but once they made it harder to hit goal my motivation stopped, sometimes consultants would sell clients who were not treatable and even if the nurses decide to not treat a client for safety purposes they would try to get us in trouble for it. Sales and nursing is not always a good mix when all we know as nurses is too be honest and advocate for our patients but instead the company only cares about sales . Lastly, if you have a family the hours here will take away a lot of your time you could be spending with your kids.

7 people found this review helpful

Head of People

Thank you for your review and time at Ideal Image. We value our medical professionals, as well as all teammates immensely, and are sorry that has not been communicated to you well enough. We are a fast paced, entrepreneurial minded company, and we do recognize it is not for everyone. We value honesty and transparency in all realms our of team and practices. A more open communication is one way we hope to better reflect this transparency that is so important to us. Therefore, we are in the process of implementing several more two-way communication channels.

6. 1.0

Horrible

Sep 28, 2020 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are NO pros of working here

Cons

Zero work life balance, zero communication from corporate on goals, post Covid closure they recently reduced salary and increased hours and responsibilities

Head of People

We appreciate your feedback and hope to learn from each comment we receive from our teams. We are looking forward to putting into action many new levels of communication & recognition to our teams based on the amazing feedback we heard in our recent engagement survey. The responses were very positive with some additional ways that we can continue to build upon the energy we have in our clinics. Our focus on teamwork and taking care of our guests were the reasons our people have continued to grow their careers at Ideal Image. We will highlight the feedback not only by Region but also on our monthly company-wide Town Hall virtual meetings. I'm not aware of any pay decreases in the field and would like to address this with you directly if you want to send a message to me at HR@idealimage.com. We are always striving to make the best work environment for our people. We are thankful for all feedback and want to hear from you more if there is anything we can do to support you.

7. 4.0

Not bad!

Mar 18, 2020 - Director of Client Care
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, monthly bonuses, free product.

Cons

Least paid position but mandates how the center runs on a day to day basis.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Head of People

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We value what our teams have to say and appreciate you sharing your insight with us. If you have any additional feedback or would like to talk further please feel free to send us a message at HR@idealimage.com. Thank you for being the face of Ideal Image as a DCC that welcomes and supports our clients/team every day!

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

If you are a workaholic - this is the place for you

May 27, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Only pro, coworkers try to keep each other positive

Cons

No work/life balance- don’t even ask about changing shifts. Leaders do not care about anything except for how much you will earn the company. Every day is draining.

6 people found this review helpful

Head of People

We appreciate and utilize all feedback we receive and we encourage all teammates to provide theirs. A unified team is the core of any strong organization. I am sorry if this message has not been relayed to you properly, however at Ideal Image we are grateful for every member of our team and and are extremely concerned with their wellbeing. Ideal Image is a rapidly growing business and we are constantly innovating to stay at the forefront of the industry. We realize this year has been a time in which we all have needed to lean in on one another, dig in a little deeper, and make some sacrifices. We also do recognize that such a fast paced environment is not for everyone. We would love to know how we can better support you. Please feel free to reach out to myself, another member of the HR team, or send your thoughts to HR@idealimage.com.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

nurse

May 19, 2020 - Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

FREE TREATMENTS, fun coworkers, good training

Cons

Pressure to upsell, chronically short staffed, little work life balance

3 people found this review helpful

Head of People

Thank you for your insight. The services at Ideal Image deliver incredible results, and it is amazing we get to share them with teammates. The thorough training you mentioned is a large part of why they are so great. We acknowledge Ideal Image is a a team built upon high aspirations and a hunger to be the best. We appreciate the hard work and dedication of our professionals like you, who allow us to continue growing, achieving, and pushing the boundaries in medical aesthetics. We take all insight into evaluation as we continue to make decisions to better support one another, so we thank you.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Skin, Face, and Body Specialist

Nov 4, 2019 - Lead Sales Consultant in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH, Optional[OH]
      Business Outlook

Pros

The 4 day work week is great for work/ life balance. Good teamwork in the center. Lots of vacation time. In my 4 years with the company things have constantly changed but if you roll with it everything always seems to work out.

Cons

Some of the goals are a little outlandish making it difficult to hit commission.

Head of People

Thank you for this review, as well as many years with Ideal Image. We appreciate your commitment and hard work. We try to provide an environment best suited for each individual, position, and team. We are happy to hear you enjoy our structure your time spent here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 Reviews