Identifix Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Mark Theriot

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Used to be better"

Pros

Great Staff Great Product that works

Cons

Micro Managed and all over the place

2. "A roller coaster ride over the years- sometimes blindfolded- excellent earning potential in the past- future unknown"

Current Employee - Market Account Representative (MAR) in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Market Account Representative (MAR) in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Identifix full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Staff, company is probably filled with some of the. Best talent on town- Possible potential if you like to gamble. Excellent potential for the right person

Cons

Current lower management team although more unified do not have the trust of a good portion of the staff in general. They are viewed by some as extremely biased towards their friends, family and favorites overlooking other hardworking deserving employees when it comes to help or opportunities. Several not including myself consider some to be downright scandalous. One of them has the reputation of being an unproductive MAR who was on the cusp of losing their job many times who got promoted due to being good at putting on the right face at the right time. This will eventually come out like all things do.

Advice to Management

It would instill much more trust and stability if upper management gave the impression of having a clue of what was really happening. Numbers do not show the true story and can be manipulated to show more productivity from some who are not really working as much as others- ending up giving a very wrong impression as to who is really working and bringing the most ACV to the company. It gives the impression that sometimes success depends more on how close you are to your manager on a personal level and what your abilities, qualifications and work ethic dont even come into play. We have nowhere to go anymore who is trusted to communicate with without the fear of losing our job of we say the wrong thing. Please put an HR presence in the building in LV

"Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

I worked at Identifix full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Employees are great people to work with.

Cons

Solera has no clue how Identifix operates and is running it into the ground. Used to be an amazing company. A Shame.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to come out and see how Identifix operates.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Sales in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Identifix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are always willing to help. Identifix website is a great product.

Cons

Solera is all about profit and nothing else. That is understandable but people want to work for a company that is about making money and taking care of the people that make them their money. They only think short term and they have laid off some talented people and kept people who have limited skills. If you want a job where you are a number then this is the place for you. They have made multiple promises and not delivered on any of them.

The leads are beat up. The commisons have been cut to more than half even after they told us we would not make less. They threaten our jobs on a daily basis. Managment even had a sales meeting using an analogy that the sales people are fish swiming with the Solera shark. The shark is suppost to modivate us but who in their right mind willingly swims with sharks. Employees that fear they will lose their jobs creats anxiety, stress and less productive employees.

Advice to Management

Stop making empty promises about new leads, commisions, new products to sell, builing upgrades, and new website features.

"Getting Better in Most Areas Everyday"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Identifix full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Simply one of the most unique and now most copied tools in the repair industry -
    Great Staff - Flexible Shifts - Decent pay and above industry standard commissions -
    Alberto has been a tremendous help in bringing back truth and justice to the floor - morale has been moving up and to the right steadily since coming to the Vegas office. A lot of knowledge in this man and although he doesn't sugar coat things - YOU KNOW you are getting a straight answer from him. It is nice to see someone take full accountability for what happens here and is sincere in trying to make it FAIR and PROFITABLE again. He is looking into ALL the reasons why we had failed in the past and holding people accountable to fix those areas. While you may have to WORK a little harder - I am seeing people HAPPY to do that now.

Cons

Information not always updated to the site which causes concern for potential customers
    Things are not thought through and launched anyways. Its been sad to see a lot of long time fellow workers get laid off due to the changes made within the company, and they are swift to make those changes when they feel it is needed. But overall this is a business and I can get that point of view also..

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the employee informed with the TRUTH- Continue to be ON TOP of the information that we are lacking on the site.

"A shame, going in the wrong direction"

Former Employee - Market Area Representative in Roseville, MN
    Former Employee - Market Area Representative in Roseville, MN

I worked at Identifix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

loyal, caring, dedicated fellow employees, casual dress code, good benefits, good LOCAL management, frequent perks like free snacks and meals, opportunity to earn well over $100k

Cons

Solera corporate buyout and elimination of departments (accounting and dealership sales), No position is secure any longer as corporate culture of Solera seems to be elimination and try to have very few sell all of the products, Solera Corporate management out of touch with complexity of the software sale, extremely low base pay (rock bottom of even the entry level scale in the Mpls area), Identifix is a cash cow for Solera but their management isn't listening to the soldiers doing the work on what's needed to bring it back to the best software system in the industry

Advice to Management

Huge mistake eliminating the Dealership Sales Department in Roseville, You can't have occasional dabblers sell this product along with all of the other Autopoint offerings ,you need specialists / experts for Direct-Hit not jack-of-all-trades master of none salespeople, update ALL of the content to be within one year of the current model year, fix the labor guide to one software version or better yet get a new guide, I see Direct-Hit failing quickly without immediate content and labor guide updates along with your philosophy on who and how you'll sell the system.
    Your mistakes will crumble what once was the clear choice for auto repair information and diagnostics- fix it faster!

"Used to be a great company"

Former Employee - Dealership Sales in Roseville, MN
    Former Employee - Dealership Sales in Roseville, MN

I worked at Identifix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some really good people who have been with Identifix before it was bought by Solera

Cons

This is really a Solera review, since Solera now has control of Identifix.
    It's really unfortunate what happened to this company. It was torn apart when Solera took it over, The product is very good, but management refuses to invest in it and it will lose customers.

The way Solera has treated the Identifix employees has been obnoxious. Without getting into details, all I'll say is there are some really awful individuals in higher management. (Autopoint (owns Identifix) and Solera- (Owns both)) I was incredibly lucky to get out, however, I will never forget how my own team and manager were treated.

Advice to Management

Invest in you people. It's your best asset.

"Great Company"

I have been working at Identifix full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been working at Identifix for a long time. A lot has changed in the time I've been here. The co-workers are great. The customers are nice (except for the few grumpy ones). It's nice being in a relaxed environment and not having a dress code to adhere to.

Cons

It's hard trying to fill positions in departments when you set up interviews and people don't show up because they read bad reviews from ex-employees that worked in the Las Vegas office.

9. "It's alright"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

I have been working at Identifix (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is good for entry level employment.

Cons

No advancement opportunities. Pay not based on experience, you MIGHT get commission. There are cliques among leads and management. Temps don't get hired on and that leaves us employees working longer hours.Vacation requests are ignored until the last minute.

Advice to Management

Hire people that will stay and more incentives for the current employees would be appreciated.

10. "Run away as fast as you can"

Former Employee - Market Area Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Market Area Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Identifix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product for car repair shops

Cons

This used to be a great place to work. But Management has made it a hostile environment. She actually read out loud negative reviews from this site and forced people to go on and write good reviews. The database is horrible and has been beaten up so much, good luck selling to them. There are too many MARS on the floor. The pay plan has been changed so many times, never for the better. Spiffs are pretty much non existent. This is not the place if you are looking for a career OR are expecting a nice place to work. Its all about fear and intimidation.

Advice to Management

Replace management with managers that actually like people and know how to sell. Clean up the database and get fresh leads. Stop thinking more bodies = more sales because it doesnt.

Identifix Response

Sep 21, 2016 – HR Generalist

As mentioned previously, we know the Market Area Representative position is a challenging one, and apologize that your experience was not more positive. Our sales floor is large, but our goals for... More