Idera Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Vincent Milano

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"A great place to be"

I have been working at Idera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company = a real opportunity to be heard and make a difference. The pipeline is early but robust and diverse, especially relative to similar cos, Management is very transparent and has a strong focus on internal culture and making a real difference for patients. People are great - hardworking and focused and also people you like.

Cons

Some growing pains, which aren't unexpected. If looking for a well-defined linear career path, this company is too small, but it does provide a lot more breadth of responsibility and impact than larger organizations.

2. "No regard for employee loyalty"

I worked at Idera (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great location, close to public transportation. Clean and well maintained environment. Some employees are great to work with. Just some...

Cons

No regard for employee loyalty. Upper management says people and caring are the corporate values, I say not so much. Felt like I was in high school with all the game playing behind your back.

Bottom line is the only thing that matters. Outstanding!

Advice to Management

Rethink your corporate values and somewhere in there, include your employees, and really mean it next time.

"Great Company!"

I have been working at Idera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Idera is a growing company with a lot of potential for both its employees and clinical trials. I love that we are patient focused and that we have regular patient advocacy events because it helps remind me of all the patients and families that we have the potential to help. The CEO and leadership team are very passionate which helps foster a great work environment.

Cons

With growth comes some growing pains but I think that Idera is doing a good job with planning ahead to minimize any issues.

Advice to Management

My only advice is to continue making the appropriate changes to stay up to speed with the industry. Keep up the good work!

4. "Challenging and educational"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Pros

Small company, clean and spacious environment, diversity of work and people, state of the art labs, scientific expertise, some longtime staff still in place for company and product history, physical location in the heart of biotech/drug community and MIT.

Cons

Senior management does not want to listen to staff and hear the sometimes difficult truth about a product or outcomes. Small company mindset can often lead to narrow viewpoints and lessen the diversity of innovative people and pipeline. Limitation of capital and resources is often inherent in such a small company.

Advice to Management

Learn from mistakes and stop repeating them. Actively listen to staff on a regular basis (Company meetings? hello!) and communicate decisions to all staff in a timely manner in order to improve workflows, establish better processes and SOPs. Focus on product development, technical innovation paths, and new strategic alliances. Don't work in a silo or ivory tower - either at the company or within industry.