Ignite Partnership Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Mike Covert

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Small Agency Doing Big Things"

Current Employee - Account Services in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Account Services in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Ignite Partnership full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High-Profile Projects: At Ignite you get to work on some pretty high-profile lines of business and therefor some really interesting projects. With Ignite being on the smaller side this allows you the opportunity to get really involved with these high-profile clients and projects- you get to be involved in things that other agencies would only be allocated to the top level executives. This environment also allows you to learn a lot and grow quickly.

Family Atmosphere: Ignite isn't the 100-person agency you typically see around Dallas, we are a tight-knit family of creatives that get the job done while having a lot of fun along the way. Everyone at Ignite is really kind and cares for one another. We also like to laugh and goof off, which is something that's actually encouraged around the office. From happy hours to fair day to playing HQ everyday together, we always find time for fun.

Opportunity: Building on the fact that there are several high-profile lines of business, this allows you the opportunity to work on cutting edge products that are fun and interesting. Marketing for products you use on a regular basis and are extremely popular in the consumer world easily gets you excited about the work you are doing.

Fun: Like I said above, we are a family who likes to have fun. We bring our dogs to the office, we watch the Olympics and March Madness, we have a Fantasy Football league, we take the day off and go to the fair, we have happy hours every week, and we try to laugh on a daily basis.

Cons

Small but Mighty: Ignite is definitely on the smaller side, which means you have to be ready to wear many hats and take on new things. This can be seen as a con to some because it requires you to sometimes do things outside your job description. I personally see it as a Pro because it allows you to learn more and get involved, but you have to have the right mindset for this. Which may be the reason for some of the negative reviews below- they didn't have the right mindset for this small, but scrappy shop.

Old Building: Since the company is still young and growing they are in an older building that doesn't have the best curb appeal, but plans for better accommodations are in the pipeline. Clients still love coming over so it really isn't a big problem- agencies are just known for their slick offices and Ignite is still working on that.

Advice to Management

Continue to change as you have been over the past few months. Things are heading in a really positive direction so the momentum needs to continue to build on that. And keep having fun along the way!

2. "Big Changes and Great Opportunities"

I have been working at Ignite Partnership full-time

Pros

- Intelligent leaders who push you to think outside of the box
    - Talented coworkers
    - Great work-life balance
    - Good medical coverage at a very decent price for individuals
    - Management open to suggestions and ideas for anything from snacks in the kitchen, to team events, to business processes
    - Ownership willing to listen to ideas - especially if you've got the goods to back those ideas up

Cons

- There's a lot of changes going on right now. If you're not comfortable in the gray, and you're looking for a lot of structure, this may not be the place for you.
    - In many cases, you are reporting directly to the owners of the company, so be prepared to interact with C-levels daily

"Don't Be Fooled"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at Ignite Partnership full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some good people that remain.

Cons

Job seekers beware. Ignite's reputation is irreparable. The only thing x-clients stop-by for is a beer, not to brief the agency on new projects. Overall direction for the agency is lacking. The CEO changes direction every 3-6 months dependent upon the consultant he is working with at that time.

Family Atmosphere: Really ?
    Fun happens when the owner is in a good mood which, lately, isn't often. If you like chaos and walking on egg-shells everyday - this place is for you.

Small but Mighty: Really?
    Over the last few years, the size of the agency has dwindled, far more than the industry standard turnover rate. Ignite has been hovering at a dozen or so employees for quite some time. Talent has been hard to find and keep. It is a revolving door. If you don't drink the CEO's Kool Aid, expect to be pushed out.

Yes, the building is old but the empty offices are even more depressing. Plans to move to a nicer office space have never materialized and quite frankly, there is no need to move. Ignite has plenty of space and this isn't by choice.

High-Profile Projects: Really?
    The high-profile projects are non-existent. Most work is for Ignite, not a high-profile client. I am not sure what the prior Feb. review is referencing. Maybe some spotty work from 2016?

Advice to Management

Management: I am not in the habit of posting negative reviews about past employers however, Ignite is gaming the system. Ignite, stop asking your current and x-employees to post fake reviews on Glassdoor. It is clear that you are rationalizing the negative reviews on Glassdoor and trying to circumvent the anonymous review system. This is not how this platform should be used. Your insatiable need to bend the truth is catching up with you. Your desperation is obvious to many. Your former employees will not forget the insults and bully mentality that greeted them each day. CEO's are to lead by example. Do you believe that negativity is the way to lead? I hate to state the obvious but, I will - it isn't working.

4. "Small shop, big opportunities"

Former Employee - Creative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Creative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ignite Partnership full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Never laughed so hard with any group of people in my life
    - Excellent, competent, steady, mid-level creative leadership always calmed me down
    - Pay attention and ask questions and you can earn a Marketing MA in short order
    - Values were created by rank and file employees and were used consistently by all levels
    - Music
    - Food
    - Epic Christmas parties
    - Underdog mentality brings everyone together
    - Interest in and learning about things outside your hired role are encouraged
    - HR dept that is amazing (Thanks Kat!)

Cons

- Richardson not ideal for a Dallasite, but at least it's against the traffic (and office quirks are anti-season--bring mittens during the summer)
    - High-level hires that bring on know-everything attitudes can make it awkward for lower levels that really know the mission and execute daily

Advice to Management

- You're the absolute best at finding talent that matters. Gotta get better at hiring at leadership levels.
    - Also, remember ex-Igniters for those unusual projects to come in and advise!

"Former Employee"

I worked at Ignite Partnership full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Negotiated for a competitive salary
    -Excellent work/life balance
    -Stayed somewhat up to date with creative tools and technology

Cons

-No new client work for past couple of years
    -Ownership has serious anger management issues
    -Company has lost so many employees that there is no management filter between workers and the ownership
    -Ignite only has one big client, but has lost a lot of communication with the client because of turnover rate
    -Company has struggled with trying to be seen as a full-creative house, but has lacked creative over-site for years
    -Clients see Ignite as mere production house, not creative agency

Advice to Management

Don't let your emotions rule your decision making

"Worst Agency in Town"

I worked at Ignite Partnership full-time

Pros

- Work/Life balance is decent; late nights/weekends are rare
    - Snacks and beverages (incl alcoholic) are usually stocked

Cons

- The CEO is an angry, abusive egomaniac.

- Their finances are a mess.

- They have a single client.

- The location/office is embarrassing: in a suburban office building off the highway that houses a Devry type school...

- No opportunity for advancement.

- Super high turnover.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting time and money on consultants and reinventing; the problem is you. Had you listened to the experts you hired along the way, you would not be in this situation.

7. "Account Executive"

I worked at Ignite Partnership full-time

Pros

Fun place to work, ownership is great and genuinely cares about their employees.
    Weekly opportunities to learn and improve knowledge and skills.
    Upper management is available and approachable.

Cons

Clients can be demanding, but Ignite maintains a strong relationship with their clients

"Worst place ever."

I worked at Ignite Partnership full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food and some fun events occasionally.

Cons

The CEO/President is a control freak and a bad person. Does not listen to anyone except his CFO wife who has no idea what she is doing. His anger management issues are a real problem when he takes it out on the staff. They take zero responsibility for their actions. They lie to your face. Can't keep anyone good working there, it's a revolving door, but they don't see that as a problem. One client shop that never wins new business. Horrible building.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and let them do what you hired them to do. Get out of your own way or you'll be out of business soon.

"No advancement"

I worked at Ignite Partnership full-time

Pros

Work/Life balance is decent
    Late nights and weekends are rare
    Snacks and beer are usually stocked
    Good location

Cons

Little opportunity for advancement
    No annual reviews or rewards unless you push to subject
    Employees seem unappreciated
    Owner can be very controlling; doesn't care about employee's experiences that could influence a situation. (aka, my way is always right)
    no drive for better clients or better creative
    seen just as a "doer" agency
    Ownership plays favorites
    Only have 1 client; only focuses on 1 type of work. If you don't like tech, this is not your company

Advice to Management

There's a reason the good people are leaving (or have already left). There's no future for them...no next steps or attainable growth goals.

"Great Company Culture, Co-workers"

Pros

Positive work environment, good work/life balance, collaborative and open

Cons

No cons at this time