Illuminate Education Customer Success Reviews | Glassdoor

Illuminate Education Customer Success Reviews

Updated Oct 17, 2019

Illuminate Education CEO Christine Willig (no image)
Christine Willig
  1. "Bringing Teachable Moments to Light!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Illuminate is a great place to work. We are growing and serving our schools with new offerings to ensure success for all.

Cons

Growth requires change. It's a business and you must be able to adapt to a changing culture to succeed.

Advice to Management

Communicate, communicate, communicate!

Illuminate Education2019-09-02
  2. "I feel bad for those still there"

Former Employee - Customer Success

I worked at Illuminate Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule and some great people, but getting fewer by the day as those great people move on to better things.

Cons

There are so many to list. This company used to have an amazing culture and morale was good. People worked extra hard and long hours voluntarily because they cared about the work and the clients. Many of the employees still care about the clients, but the money hungry, greedy and selfish investors and senior leadership only care about taking as much money for as long as they can from school districts. This is... killing the business and the great educators turned customer success managers. Management will post fake reviews making these people sound like they don't understand big business and how real work places operate. If they were so smart, they would not be in so much financial trouble and fighting with schools to stay with them when these schools want to leave for superior products. It is a sinking ship that I am happy to have gotten off of.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees and clients so poorly. In the long run, being kind and fair will yield more profit and get you further. Fire Christine, too!

Illuminate Education2019-10-17
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"One-legged Megazord"

Current Employee - Customer Success

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The teamwork and dedication of the client-facing side of the company is inspiring, and the shared personal commitment to teacher and student success as we work hand-in-hand with clients energizing. The company was built on this commitment to children and the professionals who serve them, and this heart and deep team culture is why most of us came to work there.

Cons

Since the Megazord merger, the CEO has demonstrated a lack of understanding of what makes Illuminate unique, and SaaS in general. One has to wonder if she has so much as tried to use the software outside of content. Recent layoffs have seen our deepest customer-facing talent and most gifted CS and professional leadership summarily dismissed, while retaining a bloated management bureaucracy with unclear roles.

Advice to Management

Find a CEO who "gets" this company.

Illuminate Education2019-06-20

"No longer in it for the educators"

Former Employee - Customer Success

I worked at Illuminate Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most of the team is comprised of passionate and driven people. I've made some life long friendships here.

Cons

After the large lay off of some really key people, it has become clear that customers are no longer the focal point of the company. Purging those that were key points of contact for clients or pivotal people that kept clients happy and expecting already stretched-thin employees to pick up that slack, does not in instill confidence in clients that they will receive any level of care that resembles satisfaction. Not... to mention the fear the remaining employees have of being offed at any moment. Trusting the word of the CEO is long out the window when all promises of any kind seem to be met with fingers crossed behind her back.

Advice to Management

Be careful where you place your importance. Money does not make a company a success. Happy clients that stay, employees that feel valued, and a moral backbone makes a successful company.

Illuminate Education2019-07-01

"Leadership heading company in wrong direction"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Founded on mission to help teachers and students.

Cons

New leadership has little understanding of what makes the business different from other SaaS companies. Educators don't like being "sold" to all the time, especially when the market is full of options and many are free, and they expect client-facing folks to know K-12 education well. Not sure what the new company focus/vision is actually founded on, or that anyone really even understands it.

Advice to Management

Consultants might know the CSM business, but they don't necessarily know K-12 education. Districts are starting to suspect the changes ahead, and not happy.

Illuminate Education2019-04-19
  7. "Customer Support Manager"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is filled with the most friendly people I have ever had the pleasure to work alongside! They care about your unique qualities and try to maximize your individual strengths.

Cons

None that I can speak of!

Advice to Management

Continue the full company retreats! The last one was AMAZING!!!

Illuminate Education2018-07-27
  8. "I have the MOST teammates ever!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone I work with, every day wants to impact the lives of students for the better and celebrate the work of teachers! Who could ask for a better environment to work in?

Cons

Not much I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring smart, passionate, dedicated people!

Illuminate Education2018-07-20
  9. "Dime a Dozen"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Core of company values is about helping students and the company truly practices that. As we grow there might be challenges, but the make up of illuminators are hard working, invaluable, smart, humble and dedicated people. With that, positive and big change are always upon us!

Cons

Growing often creates change and that provides less transparency, which is different than how the company operated in the past. Consistency is key and now decision makers have to make decisions so teams know how to best operate.

Illuminate Education2018-07-20