Illuminate Education Implementation Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Illuminate Education Implementation Manager Reviews

Updated Jan 11, 2018

Found 11 reviews

4.0
Illuminate Education CEO Christine Willig (no image)
Christine Willig

"Change is hard"

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We are not a tiny company anymore and we are going through change. We have to and management is trying hard to listen and maintain the things that make us special.

Cons

Sophomoric and disconnected approaches of the past will not work; they hurt us in 2017 trying to make everyone happy.

Advice to Management

Keep on listening and helping us change.

Illuminate Education2018-01-11

"Once was a great place..."

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people. The greatest thing about this company was the opportunity to be part of something bigger than ourselves. We were truly a dedicated bunch of individuals.

Cons

Notice the past tense terms in the "pro" section. That is because the company used to be that way. However, with the new CEO, times have changed, and very quickly. The culture has been destroyed, morale is at an all time low, and people feel stuck in their roles. There is no room or advancement (as it appears that the new CEO is putting employees he used to work with in leadership positions).

Advice to Management

To the Private Equity firm that invested in us, re-evaluate your choice in the current CEO.

Illuminate Education2018-01-11
  3. "A company that is growing and changing"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

We are growing and changing, but this is such a good thing! We are more focused than ever on making our product amazing for our users.

Cons

Change can be hard...but it is good change!

Advice to Management

Keep the best interest of our clients in mind and keep taking good care of your employees!

Illuminate Education2017-10-13

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

At Illuminate employees are stakeholders, not just employees. We are empowered to function as owners. Everyone cares deeply about the work we do and takes personal ownership in helping us continually improve our product and services.

Cons

We work in teams and without the traditional management structure. Each team member is responsible for managing their work. If you need highly structured, top-down management and support, this work environment would not be the best for you.

Advice to Management

Keep trusting us and empowering us to do our best work. What we have is something special!

Illuminate Education2017-06-23

"Part of something special"

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Amazing CEO - Participation age company with people-centered policies - Flat organizational structure - Encouraging of professional growth - Being a part of a company with a soul and strong values

Cons

- Growing pains of taking on more clients and more employees - Work-life balance can be a challenge, but works if you make it a priority

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent with regard to company direction, priorities and big decisions that impact the organization.

Illuminate Education2016-12-09

"Great Place to work!"

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible hours, self management, and self driven

Cons

basic adjustment periods, willingness to adapt to employees who are not true believers

Illuminate Education2016-12-08

Illuminate Education Response

January 5, 2017CEO

Thanks so much for the feedback. This is one of the lowest scores we have ever gotten and I am concerned. I would like to talk with you more in depth about the cons comments to see what we can do to get better there and I would also like to talk with you about why you gave such a low score to comp and benefits. Lets talk and figure this out. Thanks!

"Best Company I've Ever Worked For!"

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture Mission-oriented Work in Teams Great Benefits CEO who personally cares about each employee Best company I've ever worked for

Cons

It takes a good 6 months to a year to know the Product (It's so robust!)

Advice to Management

To the CEO: Don't ever retire!

Illuminate Education2016-11-18

"Illuminate Education"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Statesboro, GA

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company and its employees are very passionate about changing not only education, but making a mark on the world. Being a flat management company, teamwork is the of the utmost importance. By nature, most of us are very competitive and want Illuminate to offer the best solution for students and teachers. We work together to support each other from developing new features, to training, to troubleshooting. We... recognize the fact that we have had fortunate growth in the past 5 years so we give back to others through backpacks to kids, building houses in Mexico, and donating and supporting causes in the Congo. The culture is laid back but caring. Many work remote, but come together in Irvine 4 times a year for company and family functions. Work life balance is a huge goal and the company participates in many activities that are focused on health and overall well being.

Cons

If I had to cite a con for Illuminate I would say that it is difficult to keep up with the growth of the company given that in education, each state has its own intricacies. We strive to keep our culture sacred so hiring the right people takes time and patience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Continue to care about the employees, product and people of the world and we will continue to grow and succeed.

Illuminate Education2016-10-24
  9. "Great, Flexible Place to Work"

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly work environment, flexible hours, high caliber of people, opportunities for growth: personal & professional, strong mission and vision

Cons

Not many. Company seems to be going through some small growing pains, but continues to foster conversation around improvement and how we can grow together productively, so I don't consider it a true "con"

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Illuminate Education2016-10-19

"Amazing People, Culture, and Mission"

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time

Pros

I enjoy working with every single person at this company, and everyone is driven to do whatever is best for the students and teachers we serve. The people are fun and friendly, everyone is free to implement their own creative ideas, and leadership is supportive of all forms of good work as well having a balanced life.

Cons

With rapid expansion comes rapid change, and change can be tough. Can't think of a better group of people to handle it though.

Advice to Management

Trying to be everything for every client is a noble goal and one of our signature characteristics, but it taxes both employees and efficiency. I'm curious to see how this evolves as we grow.

Illuminate Education2015-02-03