Illuminate Education Software Developer Reviews | Glassdoor

Illuminate Education Software Developer Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2019

2.0
Illuminate Education CEO Christine Willig (no image)
Christine Willig
  1. "Heading in a Great Direction"

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Amazing company culture. Illuminate has managed to maintain the important aspects of its culture through recent periods of significant growth and change. * Management structure exists, but employees do not feel overly-monitored or babysat * Strong "Team" atmosphere still prevails and employees truly care about helping each other.

Cons

(July 2018) - Still some growing pains with putting in new processes and transitioning from a small company/start-up mindset to a large company/industry-leader mindset.

Advice to Management

Stick with new processes in the face of resistance (whether it is internal or external). To grow, we must change, and we must stick with our adjustments long-term to realize their benefits.

Illuminate Education2018-07-23

"recent good reviews bad..."

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

most of the pros are long gone since the new ceo got a hold of this company. she is quickly eroding all reasons to work here.

Cons

since july '18 almost everything has be down hill. It's very hard not to conclude that the new ceo and her senior leadership (which has grown out of control) are trying to sink all these merged companies. the most recent "good" reviews have to be fake as the last 2 weeks the company has been hit with turmoil and layoffs. while layoffs can be understood for a vc company that's trying to get a return, the backward... thinking has been insane. the ceo likes to say they do it for the kids and for the future but the most recent on goings at this company proves that is the furthest thing from the truth. a simple example is that the whole data science team (2 members but still) was let go... yeah, why does an education data visualization company need machine learning developers? she also took the fantastic culture and values that made this a great place to work and ripped those out in the short time she's been here. I've work for a couple of large companies and some were very corporate... this company moved from and open fun loving place with lots of benefits to someplace I wouldn't advise anyone to apply at.

Advice to Management

quit and save this company

Illuminate Education2019-06-28
  3. "Illuminate"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Illuminate Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, passionate workers, people who care.

Cons

None come to mind at the moment

Illuminate Education2016-10-24