Cover image for Illumio

70 Comments

Tech

454.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Illumio~826389
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people here are great to work with!(in 24 reviews)
  • "Marketing work their bums off, they always help get the best for each team in each region.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good(in 12 reviews)
  • "Everyone helps(in 10 reviews)
  • "The culture is good and getting better and the company is on a legitimate rocket ship.(in 10 reviews)
Cons
  • "2.Not convinced management understands the sales dynamics of selling this technology considering the current customer security operations(in 8 reviews)
  • "The culture has gone down for sure and senior management doesn't really listen to advice well.(in 3 reviews)
  • "The CEO is completely disconnected, doesn’t make an effort develop internal stakeholder relationships, and his complete lack of self awareness results in unhappy and confused people contributing to dysfunctional teams.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Leadership is completely out of touch as most are rarely in the office due to business travel.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Nov 1, 2022 - Regional Sales Director in Naples, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Vision of the leaders C-Level willing to assist Great group of people to work with

Cons

So far so good, nothing to put here.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Oct 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible and awesome people to work with!

Cons

None at the moment that I can think of.

3. Join the Illumio team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Award winning products, great time to join

Oct 6, 2022 - Talent Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Illumio is growing. Our product line is growing and we continue to garner accolades from Forrester and Gartner. As a series F pre-IPO startup, it's a great time to join. We hire A players who can join our team, run to challenges and help us achieve great things.

Cons

None that I can think of

5. 5.0

Amazing place to work!

Sep 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Inclusive. Everyone is welcome and supportive. - Flexible work environment. - Fast growing company. - Smooth onboarding process with clear instructions.

Cons

No cons at this moment.

6. 5.0

Great place

Sep 27, 2022 - Professional Services Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting technology and use case to solve which is high demand on the market. Nice and helpful teams. Open minded C-Level.

Cons

Some pains of company growing fast.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

CSR

Oct 5, 2022 - Account Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is better than average. Great in some spots, needs a lot of improvement in others. Sales culture is good and I get to see what’s happenening in sales. Last company hid it and I didn’t get to see. CRO is what you see is what you get and very honest. CEO is a salesman at heart and told me I’m doing good. Those two are big positives, along with my VP in customer support who has my back and is also honest. Space is growing. Marketing head left and seemed to have been doing great things & not sure why suddenly gone. CRO really liked her I can tell from his calls. He seems sad she’s gone. I should get paid for upselling my customers vs just having them renew. I heard CRO would support that from my coworker.and he values us. CEO pays me well before. . They don’t pay us for new sales but used to.

Cons

Product and engineering leadership are complete awful. CPO is completely lost and out of his element and acts like big company and can’t get anything done. It’s actually worse from before he got here. We wish CEO fires him.. Engineering quietly retired in place and we have to support mess they make

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Wasn't For Me

Oct 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great technology and a growing companyu

Cons

Cultural vacuum. Certain groups are great others not so much.

9. 5.0

Amazing Workplace

Sep 8, 2022 - Recruiting Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

-My team is welcoming and supportive -Encourages growth, problem-solving, and use your unique skill set to work on projects that interest you -Hybrid (2 days in the office, 3 days at home) -Everyone works as a team, a collaborative environment -Fun department and company events! - Benefits are great!! (health, dental, vision coverage as well as access to a professional development coach and mental health coaches)

Cons

It's a fast-paced environment that can be intimidating but you're well supported and can ask for help when needed.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best creative/brand team I've ever had!

Aug 19, 2022 - Senior Brand Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy: bring your expertise and work on your assignments without someone hovering over your shoulder. Collaboration: work along other intelligent, talented professionals who know how to laugh and have fun while they get work done. Maturity: the most genuine work environment I've worked in in a very long time. No needless drama—just dedication to the work and helping one another. Respect: everyone understands that people are different and everyone is included and valued. Fun: All work and no play? Not at Illumio. We've got a great culture and know how to get things done so we can celebrate our wins in big ways.

Cons

Occasional fire drills here and there; but, they always better the business so can't complain.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great

Jul 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits, the people, and the potential.

Cons

A closer look at senior leadership is necessary. The company has the potential to do great things but not the right people to take them there.

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 172 Reviews
</>Embed

Illumio Reviews FAQs

Illumio has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 183 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Illumio to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 20% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Illumio employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Illumio. This rating has improved by 13% over the last 12 months.

82% of Illumio employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Illumio 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Illumio to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, culture.

Popular Careers with Illumio Job Seekers