Image Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

Theodore S. (Ted) Green

1. "Production-Video"

Former Employee - Production Designer in Chatsworth, CA
    Former Employee - Production Designer in Chatsworth, CA

I worked at Image Entertainment full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The absolute top-notch co workers I have ever had the pleasure to work with and know as both friends and associates. Too many to mention as I was there for over 15 years. We are still close despite getting the axe all in one day.
    The company was very nicely integrated and structured so everyone talked to each other and were able to support and guide each other without resorting to management having to swoop in and handle issues. Of course there was always *that one* person who was a pain....
    Full creative control given to each of us, and we were allowed to be what we were hired to be. I've never had another job like it nor since. It ruined me for the many low-rent jobs that came after it.
    BEST boss of all time too, like a brother to me and still is. What a blessing to have had those years to grow as friends and professionals together. Saw all of his children born and grew to be like an uncle to them.
    Overall, I could cry remembering how fabulous the place was to be.

Cons

Like all good things Image came to an end for the majority of us. Overspending on frivolities by upper management, too high of overhead put us on a downward trend with stock value, terrible choices made for licensed material, and an unavoidable collision with technology that put us on a tighter budget as streaming video began to kill our retail sales.
    I guess a lot of it could not have been avoided. But upper management lied about their intentions to sell off the company, and left entire departments laid off without notice. I was devastated by it and to a large degree have never recovered. Can only blame myself for that.

Advice to Management

So few of you are still there from the old crew, but if you are, I only offer my love and thanks for the good times and the 100s of paychecks you provided me. I've never replaced you... it would not be possible.

2. "Lots of changes."

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

The new offices are nice.

Cons

One of the executives is not very nice and is mean to his people.

3. "A good place to learn about the entertainment industry, but not a good place for growth."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

Pros

Employees are encouraged to come up with new processes to help the business flow in order to get more done with less resources. The people are friendly and the benefits aren't bad.

Cons

There is no cohesion to the current business model. The senior management has a vision for the company but do not let the employees know what that is and there is no direction on how they'd like to achieve it.

Advice to Management

Be more honest & open with the employees.

5. "Management through fear."

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at Image Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The overall team of people who work here are good people.

Cons

CEO, COO, and CFO manage through fear, which resonates down. They are especially hard on the sales team. They like to pit people against each other creating unnecessary office politics. Used to be a great place to work before an investment company took over. None of the department heads get a long.

6. "Great library of media."

I have been working at Image Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to get exposed to a wide variety of all skill sets. The other staff is really friendly and outgoing.

Cons

High turnover rate makes team building for long term projects, very challenging. Many projects are delayed while positions are waiting to be filled.