Imagetec Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Senior Account Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Imagetec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Probably the worst company I've every worked for.

Cons

Everything. I worked here for a month. First, I was lied to on pipeline and book of business. The promises were the main reason I made the transition into Imagetec. In the one month I was there, management was already trying to change the commission structure as well. There was absolutely no direction or solid structure in place from the partners down to the management. It was a joke. Mickey Mouse operation with absolutely no vision or real leadership. Felt like entire corporate team was a part of the same immediate family of the owners. This company will be defunct in a few years. Don't waste your time.

"If you're smart you'll run for the hills!"

I have been working at Imagetec full-time

Pros

Wide variety of manufacturers to work with. Autonomy if performing at plan. Since there's no coffee provided in the office, you get to leave for a pick me up.

Cons

I have NEVER worked for a worse company than Imagetec. The turnover on the sales team seems to baffle the managers when the reasons are 100% evident. Inconsistent leadership day to day, zero ongoing training, managers (if you have one) that manage up and kick reps to the side, and compensation far below industry average . As if that wasn't enough to drive sales people away, the support and leasing team is among the rudest, condescending, and least helpful group I've ever had the misfortune to interacte with. It's ironic because the owner of the company loves to talk about the family oriented paradise that this place supposedly is.

Advice to Management

Stop talking about how financially secure the CEO and the company are when you won't even provide office essentials like laptops, manila folders, notepads, or staplers for your heavily underpaid employees.

3. "Most unethical company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Pros

There are no positives for this horrible company. From the owner down this company is the worst. Extremely high turnover. Not one motivated employee and a culture of failure.

Cons

Lacks any ethics
    High turnover
    No energy
    Everyone employees at this company hates it
    No promises kept from the top down
    Negative environment
    Horrible facilities
    Zero employee empowerment

Advice to Management

SELL!!
    Bring in a leader
    Bring in up to date technology
    Up date your facilities
    Learn to create a positive work environment
    Empower your employees
    Treat people fairly and keep promises

Imagetec Response

Sep 2, 2016 – Director of Sales

It is unfortunate you had that experience. Please note the office in Des Plaines has been closed for over 15 years and the leadership team was terminated at that time. They then started their own... More

4. "Unrealistic Expectations"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Pros

The team of people that work at this company make it worthwhile. The benefits are reasonable and there is rumors of matching the $15 minimum wage.

Cons

Very unrealistic expectations on workload. The bar for service is set so high that few make the "numbers" without cheating the system. The 'Micromanagement ' is horrendous to the stage you have to check on every decision and then can only get an answer from the top.

Advice to Management

Let your managers manage..! Let you team of excellent technicians do their job without looking over their shoulders to see what is sneaking up on them next. Trust them... It's simple really..!

5. "Sales Associate"

Pros

Nothing positive about this company.

Cons

No leadership or help from managers.
    No training.
    Unrealistic expectations.
    Terrible company.

6. "Don't care about employees"

Former Employee - Dispatchers in McHenry, IL
    Former Employee - Dispatchers in McHenry, IL

I worked at Imagetec full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Close to home, can't think of anything else, does not train very well, you are expected to learn quite a bit on your own.

Cons

Not very flexible, does not promote staff, everyone works the same hours - no deviation allowed, some employees are seen as "can do no wrong".

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate the better employees & promote them.

7. "A joke...!"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

Nothing. I don't want to submit more than 5 words for pros GlassDoor.

Cons

Everything. Very little training, no motivation from anyone. It's a joke.

Advice to Management

Go away.

"Tried to make the best of a horrible work situation"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in McHenry, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in McHenry, IL

I worked at Imagetec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My direct manager was pleasant to work with and tried to help as best as she could.

Cons

The company stated they want to hear from their employees. Sure they did and they would disregard what you said. The benefits that offered to you are so ridiculously high I couldn't afford to stay at my job. As for my position with the company I was one person who was supposed to handle ALL supply orders and maintain a lie to each customer when they would receive their product. Management never cared what that did to customer relationship and how it affected a person in that situation. It was all about the money and how much they could get from people. Also the turnover rate this company is like nothing I have ever seen or experienced. There were quitting and starting all the time. Now I know why very few employees even spoke to me.

Advice to Management

People aren't a number, give them something to want to work for and not kill themselves over.

"Work here if you don't care about anything"

Former Employee - Sales Support in McHenry, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Support in McHenry, IL

Pros

There aren't any Pros to working at this company. I finally had to adopt an attitude of not caring in order to get by and I can't work that way.

Cons

Compensation is way below average, the sales department is very much a revolving door - so much so that at the end I didn't even bother introducing myself to them or even try to get to know them because I knew they would only be there a couple of months before getting fired.

Advice to Management

Take a page from Richard Branson and treat people like they deserve to be treated, that's how you run a company.

"A new year and a half wasted!"

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Imagetec (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing . No aspect of this company is good it is ran by Hitler!

Cons

Stay far away.... Bad comp plans, no new hire program, no support the turn and burn new hires. Ran by Hitlers!

Advice to Management

Fire yourself!