Imagetec Reviews | Glassdoor

Imagetec Reviews

Updated July 12, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Highly recommended Sales job!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Whether you are new to sales or have many years under your belt, Imagetec supports you and will enhance your career. The management is very hands-on and caring about your future. They offer a wonderful work life balance and provide the tools and environment to help you make a TON of money!

Cons

As in every sales environment, turnover is on the high side but mainly because they offer a great stepping stone with the training and support they provide.

"Senior Sales Representative - Downtown Chicago"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Imagetec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at Imagetec in the downtown location and absolutely loved my experience working there. Located right at Lake & LaSalle, the office is right in the middle of the loop. If you are new to sales, they offer great training and really take the time to make you feel comfortable with the role. Management does a fantastic job of not micromanaging while still giving you the support you need to succeed. Base salary is better then most entry level sales jobs. They offer a diverse product line that allows you the flexibility to be competitive when trying to gain business in situations with multiple offers. The office culture is great too, especially in the LOOP office. Mostly young professionals who support each other and like to go out for Happy Hour. This company values a work life balance as the hours are typically 9-5.

Cons

It is really hard for me to think of too many CONS for this company. Sometimes I wished I had the opportunity to come into the office a bit earlier in the morning to prepare for a busier day, but most of the time, people did not get in until 7:30 AM.

"Great place to start a sales career and move up into management, room for great self improvement and success."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Imagetec full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good leadership, room for promotions and self improvement, competitive benefits and compensation, diverse products and well known brand names. Leadership has improved over time, providing a more unified goal/vision recently to ensure a more complete product to bring forth to our customers. There is a face to every name, not a corporation, if you make a phone call to anyone, you will get an appropriate response.

Cons

Competitive industry, hard to get succeed from the get-go as in any sales job. Morale in the offices can use the occasional energy boost. Not much inter office unity, could be leveraged to provide internal competition and camaraderie.

Advice to Management

Ensure vision/goals are aligned so the organization is all on the same page. Not much inter office unity, could be leveraged to provide internal competition and camaraderie. More competitions and promotions for reps could be utilized to motivate team.

"Great Opportunity"

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Imagetec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Imagetec gave me a solid selling foundation. I appreciated being able to work closely with the managers because it enabled me to learn from some of the best.

Cons

Not much to say here. I really enjoyed my time with the company. If anything, maybe there was some room for improvement when it came to training new hires.

"Run, don't walk away!"

Former Employee - Sales in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Imagetec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none, can't think of one!

Cons

Comp plan a joke, they actively cultivate an atmosphere of fear for your job, absolutely no respect given to employees
    Service is a joke
    Lies are rampant

Advice to Management

Start over

"Pushed out the door"

Former Employee - Administration in McHenry, IL
    Former Employee - Administration in McHenry, IL

Pros

Pay at the time was competitive.

Cons

There was no work/ life balance. Higher management is in it for only themselves. Never trained properly in position, then let go. Was let go illegally- due to the company not wanting to pay while on maternity leave. There is a lot of workplace drama, even if you don't want to get sucked in you will. Better to find a different job. Management doesn't allow themselves to see what is going on underneath them and fix it, they just look the other way while you grovel for your pay.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees and really get to the heart of who you have employed in upper management. Make sure they are really taking the time to train the new hires so that they know what is expected of them. Put another policy in place for dismissing someone rather than paper pushing from behind the scenes. The job environment isn't high school! If you don't want a high turnover then research why people are leaving and alleviate those issues. Not the people you hire who are doing their jobs. And last but not least- get a course in being a CEO or manager. Maybe that will tell you how to act towards employees and not play favorites. Benefits are great- but office morale needs to come up- with it the office culture needs to change, as well as making sure there is positive reinforcement for personal growth.

"Not the company to keep my professional moral standards in check"

Current Employee - Service Technician in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Imagetec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting new people and setting up relationships with repeat customers. Always something new and different each day, and always at somewhere different each day.

Cons

Too much driving of personal vehicle, mostly too much bad routing. How company runs their bonus program for call backs is more of a punishment for technician and doesn't help customer, it only creates more service calls due to technicians "rigging" machines to work instead of ordering parts. Too many late nights, very stressful days.

"Great place to start a career...and then get out"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Imagetec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a pure sales environment, 'unlimited earnings potential'

Cons

Coworkers, Sales Managers, Support Staff, Office Environment. But we got pizza once and its located close to the RAM Brewery for Thursday nights after work.

9. "Nepotism at it's best"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Imagetec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good commission if your manager doesn't decide to sell it at price.

Cons

Ask about turn over. The industry has a high turnover in itself but this place is horrible. Even the tenured "high paid" reps got out. Lots of "team building" where you can really find out how much everyone hates the job too.

Advice to Management

Look at the common denominator and change it. Very lucrative business but could be much better without so many "Yes Sirs".

"Unbelievably Unfair Company, to the point that it is a dictatorship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL

I have been working at Imagetec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice facilities (Curb Appeal Of Building)

Cons

The curb appeal draws you into a mess. Senior Managers are unbelievably unattached to reality. Goes from the Owner, VP's and Managers. Nepotism runs rampant as well. The decision makers are all related. So you are in trouble from the minute you walk in the door and meet HR. Managers are all just robots spewing the insane that comes from above. Like most companies they only care about making money, which is a good thing, but it is at the expense of the employees. Good people come, make a strong effort to do well, but if you share an opinion, or voice anything that they do not want to hear you are done. Most sensible people with successful previous employment history do not stay here as the environment is very non promotional and very dictatorlike. You just don"t matter here. I have made a point of letting everyone I know not to buy or do business from this organization or its affiliates. Stay Away From This Company.

Advice to Management

Attend seminars where successful senior managers are doing well and making progress in these difficult times. None of you have any idea. You have the wrong people in the roles they are in. You do not have any positive, creative, successful upper managers.