Imaginary Cloud Lisbon Reviews

Updated Nov 10, 2020

4.5
Imaginary Cloud CEO  Tiago Franco (no image)
Tiago Franco
  1. "A Real Team"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Operation Officer in Lisbon

I have been working at Imaginary Cloud full-time

Pros

Great professionals, but they also care about the team of employees.

Cons

I don't know any cons, I don't think they exist.

Continue reading
  2. "Great experience with great people"

Former Intern - Junior Web Developer in Lisbon

I worked at Imaginary Cloud for less than a year

Pros

As a first experience, I was given the space and comfort necessary to grow, not only professionally but also personally. Great and sociable environment, nice work ethics, good work methodology that makes you feel comfortable and great team spirit with incredible people who helped and integrated me so well.

Cons

There are no cons to be honest,

3. "Great environment"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Lisbon

I worked at Imaginary Cloud full-time for more than a year

Pros

A Macbook Pro for everyone, every two weeks meeting & lunch, working from home policy, great office environment.

Cons

Some old projects can be a pain to work on, apart from the macbook some of the other tools weren't that great (screens, chairs, keyboards, mice).

"Great culture"

Former Employee - Principal in Lisbon

I worked at Imaginary Cloud full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture at Imaginary Cloud is fantastic (I have seen older reviews from a few years ago on here that do not match this view where this issue to me seems solved). As a British person working in Portugal for the first time, everyone (yes everyone) at Imaginary Cloud was so supportive and welcoming. I put this down to the recruitment process ensuring great people work at Imaginary Cloud and the management team always being available to talk when you need support. The work is interesting as projects come from Portugal, US and the UK. The tech stack is usually Rails, NodeJS or Python. Office location is great, Macs used by everyone (yes, this is a Pro), twice a week all hands meeting with lunch provided. So I recommend this company and only left due to reasons outside of the company.

Cons

Like all companies there are areas they could improve, like career path transparency and the way they do appraisals (personal niggle). But these are all areas they are aware of and working hard to address.

"Great work environment"

Former Intern - Internship in Lisbon

I worked at Imaginary Cloud for less than a year

Pros

As my first work experience, it enabled me to learn the inner workings of the development process, and expand my skills. The work environment is relaxed, and the team is always available to help out with almost anything. Overall, had a great experience working at Imaginary Cloud

Cons

At times the tasks were slightly overwhelming, but even then I received some support to get through them

6. "Good culture"

Former Intern - Junior Business Developer in Lisbon

I worked at Imaginary Cloud for less than a year

Pros

My first work experience was at IC. I can say that the time spent there was a good learning experience. There's a nice working environment and the team is always ready to help and talk. It was a good start to my professional life, learning a lot from the internal meetings and processes.

Cons

No problems during my internship

September 14, 2018

Being your first work experience, we’re really glad that you’ve enjoyed your time with us. The transition from school to a work environment is very important and we do our very best to make it as smoothly as possible, providing an experience that will allow anyone to keep improving as a professional. Thanks for the review, it really means a lot to us that you’ve taken the time to talk a bit about your experience with us. We wish you the very best for your future.

7. "Internship at IC"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Lisbon

I worked at Imaginary Cloud for less than a year

Pros

Good team atmosphere, helpful environment and everyone was always cheerful and ready to help. In my 5 months I felt like I learned many valuable skills thanks to this.

Cons

I experienced no problems worth noting during my internship

August 30, 2018

It is always rewarding to see that interns that spend an internship with us leave with a sense of accomplishment. Also, getting our team recognized consistently as one of the main upsides is always an honor and something of which we are really proud. We really hope that you have learned as much as possible in those five months and we wish you the best for your future, academically and professionally.

"Small company, great work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisbon

I have been working at Imaginary Cloud full-time

Pros

Different projects, multiple technologies, it's never boring. We work on projects for external clients, but always inside our offices. It's great to learn and work with different technologies. No enforced dress code. Central office with good accessibilities.

Cons

Given the company type, you have to be good at multitasking, but I guess that is normal for the job type.

May 15, 2016CEO

First of all, thank you for taking the time to help us be a better company! It means a lot to us that you choose to invest your time into giving us a review. We aim to create an environment where people feel happy and productive, and it’s very satisfying to know we are going in the right direction. We want to keep doing a good work, and for that your feedback is paramount, so we’d love to hear more from you.

9. "A healthy work environment with skilled and helpful colleagues"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Lisbon

I worked at Imaginary Cloud for more than a year

Pros

Great place to improve web development skills and soft skills; Friendly colleagues across all the company departments from HR to the Developers and Designers including the CEO who regularly checks your progress and provides constructive feedback; Overall a very communicative team via Slack always open to help possible questions; The offices are new with only a few months old with good natural sun light and a comfortable look; Plus free lunch every other week!

Cons

Although the office is new and comfortable, with the team growing it could be improved in terms of space.

March 5, 2018CEO

We’re glad that you had such a great experience in your time working with us. We value the constant improvement of everyone in the team and we’re delighted to see that you’ve highlighted that as the most positive aspect in your internship. Every piece of feedback is essential for us to continue improving as a whole and we thank you for taking a bit of your time to write about your experience here. As for our work space, we just moved to a larger office, as comfortable as the last one and prepared for the growth that we’re expecting in the future. Our doors are always open to those who already did an internship with us.

"Seems nice from outside, but not so good !"

1.0
    Current Employee - Developer in Lisbon

I have been working at Imaginary Cloud full-time

Pros

The team is great, good people working together. We have a lot of Ruby on Rails project and some mobile projects. In the center of Lisbon and we have a great roof terrace to enjoy on sunny days. We also have offices in Coimbra (center of Portugal). We can work from home from time to time. We use english as our main language.

Cons

The work culture and work ethics is terrible. We have a punishment room where people are reprimanded by their bad options/actions. The top manager have bully attitudes and is extremely inconsistent, impulsive, disrespectful and always critical. People have fear of mistakes and this affects the work morale and performance. The company tends to contract people for senior positions and the professional progression is inexistent for current employees (we can only be intermediate or senior developers). It is not always easy to have the vacations period approved, and when it is approved it seems a favor that the company is making to you. It appears that is a bonus that they are giving to you. People are looking outside for better career options.

March 4, 2016CEO

Thank you for your acknowledgement on how great our team is. We feel the same! As ImaginaryCloud’s top manager I’d like to apologise for any action or words that made you, or anyone, feel uncomfortable in any way. I’m used to having my team members approaching me personally whenever there is something that needs to be dealt with, and I'm sorry I was not able to foster the same trusting communication link with you. I confess it’s the first time I see the term punishment room. I suspect this is referred to the server room that was being used for standup meetings. The room is OK for small short meetings. Unfortunately project teams started to use it as a meeting room, and the conditions were far from ideal for a meeting longer than 15 minutes. We extended our offices to a new floor last September, and that room is not being used for meetings anymore. You are right when you say we hire mostly guys with a good track record, instead of having a junior team. We are proud of the quality we deliver, and a junior team would not be able to pull off most of the great things we do! About the professional progression, on one hand, we are a small team, and therefore we do not have unlimited career options in terms of roles. On the other, we offer an array of learning tools, and we strive to continuously offer our team opportunities to get in touch and learn new techs. Furthermore, the career plan was updated last quarter, and changes were rolled on January 2016. So far feedback has been great. Regarding our holiday policy, it needs to comply with the legal standard of Portugal. Which means that all company holiday plan needs to be closed before April ends. Changes to that plan are treated on a request basis to our HR manager, and requests are reviewed and approved at least once per week. We follow a first-come-first-served approach… The first elements to present their holiday plans tend to have them approved right away. If one slacks on this and leaves the plan to be presented on the last day of the deadline, their plans need to accommodate the early-birds requests. Again, we do this because that’s how the HR policies work in Portugal, and we have no option except being compliant. Again, thanks for the time invested in posting this recommendation. Feedback is most appreciated, even the negative one, as this is key for continuous improvement.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.