KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Is this your company?

Add a Review

Imagine Learning Employee Reviews about "401k matching"

Updated Sep 21, 2018

Found 10 of over 190 reviews

3.4
Imagine Learning Chairman and CEO Jonathan Grayer (no image)
Jonathan Grayer
1 Rating
Pros
  • "Great people: competent and kind(in 18 reviews)

• "Working at a company with a guiding mission that's making a difference in the world(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Before last year you never saw a bad review on here but with growing pains and change not everyone is going to be happy about it(in 17 reviews)

• "I wish 401k matching would be better(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

228 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Imagine Learning and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "401k matching"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, great people- love it!

Sep 21, 2018 - Sales/Area Partnership Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is one of the best companies, if not the best, I have ever worked for. I noticed another reviewer complaining about the loss of unlimited sick time but how many sick days does one really need? I’ve worked for companies before with unlimited sick time and ironically seemed to use half the days then compared to having a set number of days. Granted I work remotely so I might feel different if I were in an office. For me, I’m happy to now have extra vacation days if I don’t use all my sick days. I’ve also never worked for a company that gave everyone Christmas Eve to New Year’s off in addition to your vacation days. That’s a wonderful benefit! The people here are passionate about helping children and it’s a positive work environment. I’m sure it seems different if you began working here before it grew so much, but coming from other places both good and bad, I can truly say I love my job because the culture is so positive.

Cons

It’s a growing field of competitors and long sales cycle but we believe in what we’re doing and that drives us. The 401k match could be better- it’s 50% match up to 5%. I’m used to 100% match up to 6-7.5% but the positive environment goes a long way.

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Customer Success Manager

Oct 22, 2017 - Customer Success Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Imagine Learning has been a great place to work. I have only been in the company for 2 months but the way the company has treated me is unlike any job I have had in the past. They are so good to their employees. I recently visited the home office in Provo, Utah. The atmosphere was so positive and happy. It seems like everyone in this company is in it to make a difference in the lives of kids. It is more than a job/career. It is truly about making a difference in the world through our programs. Benefits start the first day on the job. Great benefits.

Cons

The 401K match isn't that great. It could be better.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company to work for.

Aug 5, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good snacks. Using a High Deductible Health Plan cost some money but the company automatically deposits almost the same amount of money into your HSA. Fun culture.

Cons

I wish 401k matching would be better. 50% match up to 4% of your salary. You put in 4% they will put in 2%.

Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We strive to make Imagine Learning a great place to work!

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Sep 22, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent team, nice company culture and values, very cool annual vision conference, annual raises (usually 5-10%), annual holiday bonus of 1 extra week vacation

Cons

No 401K matching Startup growing pains

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Imagine Learning is a great place to work.

Sep 22, 2015 - Software Engineer in Provo, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is fantastic, very positive and open. Great co-workers and managers. Management takes your questions seriously. We have a good mission; there's a sense of purpose and accomplishment that comes from helping kids succeed. Good employee focused initiatives.

Cons

The 401k matching isn't up to par.

Executive Director of Human Resources

We really appreciate your great review!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company values and mission

Aug 10, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company values Company mission - address literacy needs of all children through technology Weekly company meetings - company transparency People and culture

Cons

Growing pains as IL transitions from a start-up to a more corporate atmosphere. Not a lot of opportunities to grow or advance within the company. 401k match

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

I love it here

Jun 24, 2015 - Quality Assurance Analyst in Provo, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Imagine Learning is a great place to work. The people here are fun to be around, and everyone is absolutely DEDICATED to making the world a better place by educating the children of the world. The office environment is casual and comfortable, and there are a myriad of perks like the fully stocked pantry for when you're feeling snacky, weekly 'Bagel Wednesdays,' and a monthly "Pizza Friday." There are bikes that you can take out for a ride along the river trail in the backyard, which by itself (the trail, I mean) is a pretty sweet perk.

Cons

401K matching is pretty pathetic. Coming from a previous employer that put in 10% - not even matching, just, 'Here's an extra 10% for later'- the 1.5% max that IL puts in is really sad.

2 people found this review helpful

Corporate Communications Manager

Thanks for the feedback. I will pass on your advice to improve the 401K match as that's been said by others. I know the executives have looked at installing a fitness room as well, but I think the logistics and insurance needed have been prohibitive so far.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Very rewarding experience and worthwhile moments in the field supporting Imagine Learning at Public Schools

Mar 6, 2015 - Educational Support Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great mission: can't think of doing something more rewarding than opening doors of opportunities to kids. - Your Managers will trust you and support you in the filed because they know what it takes to be out on your own supporting multiple schools in a given day. - Culture and religious diversity is promoted

Cons

- Location is not a variable in the starting salary so you are within cap of Utah's industry pay. - Low 401k match - Field support is not standardized and no tools to measure performance effectively.

Corporate Communications Manager

Thank you so much. Our field employees really do such amazing work! Interesting advice too. It's interesting to note that our support team trainer is currently creating new ways to offer the support team more formal training which will lead to more consistent ways of measuring performance.

9. 4.0

Software Engineering

Jan 9, 2015 - Software Engineer in Provo, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really great team. Worked with amazing devs and QA. Great support roles as well. Unlimited sick leave. Week between Christmas and New Year's off for the whole company.

Cons

3 weeks PTO with no chance of increase. 5.5% bonus is way below industry standard. Developer titles mean almost nothing. Senior Engineers with 3 years exp. Mid devs with more. No clear structure for "promotion" Yearly bonus is supposedly performance based but isn't. It is also tied to revenue goal for the year. As a dev you have no influence on whether or not you earn a better bonus. Hardware for devs isn't equal and has no reasoning. Some new devs get 5 year old machines, some get new ones. Some get MacBooks, others get none. Lots of difficulty moving from a close-knit start up to a large company. Lost equity because the company sold. No increase in compensation. Poor 401k matching.

Executive Director of Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback. We are working with our managers to distinguish high performing employees and reward them appropriately. Please contact someone on the HR team to discuss our paid time off policies.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A good stepping stone in your career path.

Sep 16, 2014 - Software Engineer in Provo, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

With a casual business environment, it's easy to have a good time and work hard at Imagine Learning. Co-workers are good to work with. Benefits are on par with other companies in the area. Unlimited sick days provide a way to ensure you fully recover. Weekly stocked pantry is nice. Possibly an annual bonus (provided they keep the program going).

Cons

An open office structure may be marked as a pro for others but not for this engineer. I value time when I can focus on coding but an open office (read: no cubicles) cause frequent distractions and headphones on/in the zone has no meaning here. No management between directors and engineers. So any issues you have have to be taken directly to senior management and senior management is very busy. Pay scale leaves plenty to be desired. 401k matching is a bit of a joke (50% of 3% = 1.5%; over 4 year vesting). Vision and dental insurance seem low end/cheap (opinion there). No more stock options (company was purchased early 2014).

Corporate Communications Manager

Thanks for this thorough review. We are happy to see the unlimited sick day policy mentioned. We feel that it shows a high level of employee trust, and employees don't abuse it which is great for everyone. As far as the open office structure goes, we invite you to speak with your manager about possible accommodations. We've tried several configurations to allow for collaboration and the most productive work flow. However, if noise is a problem, we are more than happy to add height to cubicles. We also support the use of headphones if that's how you work best. Another option is to segment yourself from the team as there is ample space available. When we explored adding more management to one of our development teams, the team requested that we not stack it too deep. They felt that not having another manager allowed for easier flow of information. However, if other teams want to implement an additional manager position, we are certainly open to that. We have worked hard to establish pay rates that are on par with or better than industry standards. We also have excellent medical and dental coverage; it's actually hard to find better. Finally, we do have a generous annual bonus plan that is tied to company performance.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews