KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Imagine Learning

Is this your company?

Imagine Learning

Add a Review

Imagine Learning Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jan 8, 2021

Found 18 of over 188 reviews

3.4
Imagine Learning Chairman and CEO Jonathan Grayer (no image)
Jonathan Grayer
1 Rating
Pros
  • "Great people: competent and kind(in 18 reviews)

• "Working at a company with a guiding mission that's making a difference in the world(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Before last year you never saw a bad review on here but with growing pains and change not everyone is going to be happy about it(in 17 reviews)

• "I wish 401k matching would be better(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

214 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Imagine Learning and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to be!

Mar 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people: competent and kind. Great mission: products and services move the needle for teachers and students. Exciting time for the business: things are moving both in terms of product development and acquisitions. Company holiday between Christmas and New Years is great. Senior leadership is strong and transparent.

Cons

No real cons. Rapid pace can cause strategic shifts to feel abrupt. There is certainly a palpable sense of urgency, but I think that is positive.

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing Content Manager

We’re so happy that you had such a positive experience during your time at Imagine Learning. It is incredibly important to us that our employees feel fulfilled and supported in their work. You’re accurate in identifying that things at Imagine Learning are moving and changing at a rapid pace, especially over the past couple of years. We are working hard to not just accomplish our goals of providing the best in educational technology programs for teachers and students as we go through these changes, but to also ensure our employees feel valued, challenged, and informed. Thank you for your contributions to Imagine Learning and good luck with your future endeavors!

2. 4.0

Wonderful Company!

Jan 8, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Honolulu, HI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, vacation time, but most of all great people who care about the mission to bring educational opportunity to the children of the world.

Cons

Average pay for each position is slowly increasing, but is often lower than similar positions at other companies.

3. 4.0

Great place to work

Dec 10, 2020 - Customer Success Manager (CSM)
      Business Outlook

Pros

great people, great product, fun!

Cons

Not an ideal location for me personally

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Overall great place to work

Oct 5, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of really great people to meet at Imagine Learning. The culture is very inclusive, innovative, and fun.

Cons

Not many opportunities for advancement or further career development.

5. 4.0

Good Company

Sep 22, 2020 - Teacher Trainer in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great product, flexible

Cons

the amount of hours available to work varies alot so is unpredictable

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Please Turn This Ship Around

Jan 7, 2020 - Customer Success Manager in Provo, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with and great benefits. Will not find a better cause in changing the lives of children with GREAT educational products.

Cons

The company lacks executive direction and vision. Even though they outwardly appear to have these there is too much top change of priorities and development direction. How can a company with such great products not get them to all work together seamlessly and make a real difference?

12 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for your review. We’re so glad that you enjoy working with the fantastic people at Imagine Learning, that you noted our terrific employee benefits, and most especially that you recognize we make great products that change the lives of students. We’ve had a lot of change over the last year and whenever there is a lot of change, uncertainty levels tend to rise. Let me assure you that we know exactly what direction we’re headed, that we’re working to streamline our products and processes, and that we feel confident about the future of our company. Please feel free to make an appointment with the CEO to discuss any insights or concerns, and thank you for being a part of our team.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee

Founders are Gone and so is Imagine Learning!

Aug 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with in the field and if you get to know those in the office, most of them are pretty great too. Benefits are ok, not great, just OK, you come here for the people. Strong mission and values that most employees take to heart.

Cons

The founders are gone and so is the original "Imagine Learning"! With the investors so heavily involved, it's NOT the same company it once was and most people are starting to see that. The mission and values aren't necessarily those of the investors, so what's the point? Management are all puppets of the investors. It's sad, because this was once an incredible company, but things have changed and not for the better. The President and CFO both left at the same time, that's not a good sign!

10 people found this review helpful

Vice President of Human Resources

I completely agree that our employees are great! I'm sorry to hear that you don't think Imagine Learning is still an incredible company. Growth brings change, but we believe we're better poised than ever to help more children. Best of luck to you.

8. 5.0

Great People, Great Vision

Jan 26, 2015 - Technical Writer in Provo, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy the team atmosphere. I work with great people who are committed to making a difference in the lives of students. Imagine Learning has a fast-paced, creative environment that gives adequate space for my ambition while giving me the direction I need to succeed. I especially enjoy the fact that I work for a company that is striving to bring success to a variety of students, and I can see how my efforts really do make a difference.

Cons

I have a difficult time thinking of cons, but it is challenging that the company is growing so fast, since this increases the workload. But I happen to like a good challenge.

Corporate Communications Manager

Thanks for writing this review. Way to rise to the challenge!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best company I've worked for plain and simple

May 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's not very often you get the opportunity to work with great people, for a great cause, and in a great location. Imagine Learning has combined all of those things for me. We have a product that makes a difference and that influences the employees here. We want to keep making a difference and it makes for a fantastic place to work.

Cons

There are not a lot of downsides to working here unless you're looking for a new position every year or so. We're not big enough to facilitate that type of career movement.

Vice President of Human Resources

We're glad you have found your niche to make a difference in the lives of children.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fantastic culture, great people, challenging work

Jul 1, 2015 - Software Architect in Provo, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, excellent culture, managers who care, and an altruistic mission to boot! Software project management is mostly scrum-based and teams are given a reasonable amount of freedom to identify and pursue solutions. Little to no politics that I can see from my perspective, just people who want to make a great product and please our customers. Rising talent is seen and appreciated, so there are opportunities to grow. If you're good, you'll have chances to shine! The hiring process attempts to hire very good software engineers and I've learned a lot from all of our sharp developers. I think talented people aren't really happy unless they're working with other talented people so the fact that we try to hire the best bodes well for being able to keep our talent. Maybe with the exception of the 401k plan matching, benefits are fantastic. Great healthcare, low premiums and TONS of the little things like a very well stocked pantry, lots of parties and food, quarterly books with lots of choices, etc.

Cons

Nothing significant that I can really think of from a software engineer's perspective. No company is perfect but this company tries to be the best it can be and is willing to make course corrections. I've yet to see any communicated concern or request that wasn't taken seriously. I would rate the compensation as "good". The parent company is demanding and I think it's not always easy for them to see less headline-grabbing accomplishments/progress but the Imagine Learning executives do a good job of managing up to the parent company, and managing down to us workers / busy bees. Those who require close supervision won't do as well here. Managers expect the individuals on teams to come up with ideas and solutions, and to help each other. If you're looking for the type of environment where a manager will give you highly detailed assignments, you may struggle. But for those who don't like being micro-managed and want latitude to solve problems yourself and with your team, this approach is exactly what you want.

Corporate Communications Manager

What a great review. Thanks for giving us this feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews