Imagine Learning Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jan 7, 2020

Imagine Learning CEO Jeremy Cowdrey (no image)
Jeremy Cowdrey
Pros
Cons
  • "They are growing rapidly and occasionally have some growing pains, but nothing that's affected me personally(in 16 reviews)

• "I wish 401k matching would be better(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews

"Great place to be!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I worked at Imagine Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people: competent and kind. Great mission: products and services move the needle for teachers and students. Exciting time for the business: things are moving both in terms of product development and acquisitions. Company holiday between Christmas and New Years is great. Senior leadership is strong and transparent.

Cons

No real cons. Rapid pace can cause strategic shifts to feel abrupt. There is certainly a palpable sense of urgency, but I think that is positive.

Marketing Content Manager

We’re so happy that you had such a positive experience during your time at Imagine Learning. It is incredibly important to us that our employees feel fulfilled and supported in their work. You’re accurate in identifying that things at Imagine Learning are moving and changing at a rapid pace, especially over the past couple of years. We are working hard to not just accomplish our goals of providing the best in educational technology programs for teachers and students as we go through these changes, but to also ensure our employees feel valued, challenged, and informed. Thank you for your contributions to Imagine Learning and good luck with your future endeavors!

"Please Turn This Ship Around"

2.0
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Provo, UT

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with and great benefits. Will not find a better cause in changing the lives of children with GREAT educational products.

Cons

The company lacks executive direction and vision. Even though they outwardly appear to have these there is too much top change of priorities and development direction. How can a company with such great products not get them to all work together seamlessly and make a real difference?

CEO

Thank you for your review. We’re so glad that you enjoy working with the fantastic people at Imagine Learning, that you noted our terrific employee benefits, and most especially that you recognize we make great products that change the lives of students. We’ve had a lot of change over the last year and whenever there is a lot of change, uncertainty levels tend to rise. Let me assure you that we know exactly what direction we’re headed, that we’re working to streamline our products and processes, and that we feel confident about the future of our company. Please feel free to make an appointment with the CEO to discuss any insights or concerns, and thank you for being a part of our team.

"Founders are Gone and so is Imagine Learning!"

1.0

I worked at Imagine Learning full-time

Pros

Great people to work with in the field and if you get to know those in the office, most of them are pretty great too. Benefits are ok, not great, just OK, you come here for the people. Strong mission and values that most employees take to heart.

Cons

The founders are gone and so is the original "Imagine Learning"! With the investors so heavily involved, it's NOT the same company it once was and most people are starting to see that. The mission and values aren't necessarily those of the investors, so what's the point? Management are all puppets of the investors. It's sad, because this was once an incredible company, but things have changed and not for the better. The President and CFO both left at the same time, that's not a good sign!

Vice President of Human Resources

I completely agree that our employees are great! I'm sorry to hear that you don't think Imagine Learning is still an incredible company. Growth brings change, but we believe we're better poised than ever to help more children. Best of luck to you.

4. "Good Company, Focused on Processes"

I have been working at Imagine Learning

Pros

Imagine Learning has a lot of great people and treats its employees fairly. I have a lot of autonomy with my job and enjoy working with my colleagues.

Cons

The leaders of the company are more focused on processes than customers. With this focus on processes, there seems to be a lack of trust that employees will do the right thing.

Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experiences working at Imagine Learning. We appreciate your suggestion to be more specific in our feedback, and we are planning a training to help our managers do just that.

"Content Developer"

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time

Pros

Great facilities, great benefits and schedule. Great people to work with. Awesome company vision.

Cons

Sometimes you have to work with older data or old perceptions. They are working hard to fix this.

Vice President of Human Resources

We're so glad you are here!

6. "Good solid company"

4.0

I worked at Imagine Learning part-time

Pros

- Great people who care about helping kids - Good culture

Cons

- Managers can be difficult - Inefficient management style

Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We'll work on becoming better leaders.

"Best company I've worked for plain and simple"

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's not very often you get the opportunity to work with great people, for a great cause, and in a great location. Imagine Learning has combined all of those things for me. We have a product that makes a difference and that influences the employees here. We want to keep making a difference and it makes for a fantastic place to work.

Cons

There are not a lot of downsides to working here unless you're looking for a new position every year or so. We're not big enough to facilitate that type of career movement.

Vice President of Human Resources

We're glad you have found your niche to make a difference in the lives of children.

"Value proposition aligns with a greater cause"

4.0

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time

Pros

Great people contributes to great culture contributes to great day-to-day working environment. In my view the mission of the company and impact of the product on children provides additional motivation and drive.

Cons

Documentation/communication across customer-facing teams has not been as consistent or organized as it maybe should be, although I feel it is improving steadily.

Executive Director of Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Imagine Learning. We appreciate and encourage all employees to look for ways we can improve.

9. "Review"

Associate Software Engineer in Provo, UT

I have been working at Imagine Learning

Pros

Food, great people, casual environment

Cons

Being a software engineer gets boring. You are so limited.

Executive Director of Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback. We are working on many new exciting initiatives, so please talk to your manager about projects that will challenge and excite you!

"Fantastic culture, great people, challenging work"

Current Employee - Software Architect in Provo, UT

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, excellent culture, managers who care, and an altruistic mission to boot! Software project management is mostly scrum-based and teams are given a reasonable amount of freedom to identify and pursue solutions. Little to no politics that I can see from my perspective, just people who want to make a great product and please our customers. Rising talent is seen and appreciated, so there are opportunities to grow. If you're good, you'll have chances to shine! The hiring process attempts to hire very good software engineers and I've learned a lot from all of our sharp developers. I think talented people aren't really happy unless they're working with other talented people so the fact that we try to hire the best bodes well for being able to keep our talent. Maybe with the exception of the 401k plan matching, benefits are fantastic. Great healthcare, low premiums and TONS of the little things like a very well stocked pantry, lots of parties and food, quarterly books with lots of choices, etc.

Cons

Nothing significant that I can really think of from a software engineer's perspective. No company is perfect but this company tries to be the best it can be and is willing to make course corrections. I've yet to see any communicated concern or request that wasn't taken seriously. I would rate the compensation as "good". The parent company is demanding and I think it's not always easy for them to see less headline-grabbing accomplishments/progress but the Imagine Learning executives do a good job of managing up to the parent company, and managing down to us workers / busy bees. Those who require close supervision won't do as well here. Managers expect the individuals on teams to come up with ideas and solutions, and to help each other. If you're looking for the type of environment where a manager will give you highly detailed assignments, you may struggle. But for those who don't like being micro-managed and want latitude to solve problems yourself and with your team, this approach is exactly what you want.

Corporate Communications Manager

What a great review. Thanks for giving us this feedback.

Found 14 reviews