Imaging Sciences International Reviews | Glassdoor

Ed Marandola

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Technical Support"

I have been working at Imaging Sciences International full-time

Pros

Great people, challenging work and lots of opportunities to learn.

Cons

Depressing atmosphere, terrible decision making by upper management.

Advice to Management

Wake up and realize you're ruining the company and you will lose customers just because you want to move Support to another location.

2. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Office Work in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Office Work in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Great people to work with
    Overtime available
    A healthy company
     A fair company
    No weekend hours
    Chances for advancement

Cons

No sick days (use personal days)
    Pay rate is average for my position

Advice to Management

None. They are going to do what they want -the beam counters make final decisions.

"Chaos"

Current Employee - Finance/Accounting in Hatfield, PA
    Current Employee - Finance/Accounting in Hatfield, PA

Pros

Decent benefits - and that is about it

Cons

Lack of direction, one customer makes up 90% of the business, engagement is low, layoffs and reorganizing, moving positions out of state/country, every man for himself, gossip and generally unprofessional behavior runs rampant.

Advice to Management

Get your structure straight. Pick a direction and go there.

"Company without heart"

I worked at Imaging Sciences International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products and great benefits such as vacation, 401, insurance. Great systems and developing world class systems. Some great people work there.

Cons

Companies need to run by numbers and metrics, but unfortunately at Danaher employees are used up, burned out, and disposable. Young persons company with no respect for anyone over 40. Folks either eventually burn up and quit or are released.

Advice to Management

I have been part of some very great companies and this could become one of the greats if they realize at some point that people have lives after work and people age, but can still offer valuable contributions.

5. "Continuous Improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hatfield, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hatfield, PA

I have been working at Imaging Sciences International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ISI is now part of Danaher, and the corporation offers opportunities in different industry segment, and promotes internal talent retention.

Cons

Danaher is known for "lean" organization, so you gotta be prepared to work hard, and sometimes overworked to get things done on time.

"Never judge a book by its cover!"

Current Employee - Employee in Hatfield, PA
    Current Employee - Employee in Hatfield, PA

Pros

A few nice people to work with.

Cons

First off if you can get passed the pack of lies they feed you at the door, then you're a quarter of the way there. This company thrives on the quote "the best team wins" what is it that you're winning? The only true thing is you are in fact winning a huge headache. This company is vey big on promoting unnecessary chaos, there are a lot of people there who stab each other in the back because they truly feel that they will move up the ladder. The benefits package is horrible, you're much Better off not having any especially from this company. The HR Department is not supportive of it's employees, they lack compassion and generally just out right a group of cold individuals. The management here does not think ahead, meaning that they are very reactive instead of being proactive. Also they are socially inept and they as well don't care about there employees well being. One thing that this company needs to learn is how to support their employees and listen to what they are actually saying, all they seem to care about is the bottom line. In general the management here is horrible, they're friendly to your face but as soon as your back is turned look out another words you better have on a bullet proof vest because you will have a knife coming at your back. So if you cherish your sanity DON'T WORK HERE!!!!!!! Otherwise will become an alcoholic or whatever else that will the misery of ISI. In short if you have ever seen the movie "Office Space" that pretty much sums up ISI.

Advice to Management

Start listening to what your employees are trying to tell you, after all we're the ones so called getting our hands dirty and putting with the daily B.S of your poor planning skills.

7. "Diverse work and interesting challenges"

Current Employee - Engineer in Hatfield, PA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Hatfield, PA

I have been working at Imaging Sciences International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive minded employees
    Interesting work
    Receptive to new ideas depending on your manager
    Never bored

Cons

Too many meetings
    Management direction not strong

Advice to Management

Should listen to engineers time estimates and not let dates drive projects

8. "Much Better Than Your Typical Temp Job"

Former Employee - Project Management Assistant in Hatfield, PA
    Former Employee - Project Management Assistant in Hatfield, PA

I worked at Imaging Sciences International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed working with the team
    Saw I could give more to the department and gave me additional responsibilities

Cons

No negative experiences for me

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage your temporary hires, some of these people might be great full time employees in the long run

"Started out great and I thought I had a great job when I was fired like that."

Former Employee - Repair Technician in Hatboro, PA
    Former Employee - Repair Technician in Hatboro, PA

I worked at Imaging Sciences International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some people are friendly. Some of the upper management would treat the employees to lunch or dinner.

Cons

Was called by the recruiter from Imaging Sciences a Friday night, to tell me I was fired and he didn't know why. Called the manager and he bluntly said, "People didn't like you and you weren't learning". I had not even received a verbal warning and I remember treating this job as something to make into a career. After reading some reviews of Danaher's practices(who own Imaging Sciences), l I feel I am not alone in feeling how I did, so I made an example and sent out a "farewell e-mail" on Sunday, two days after I got fired. They didn't even deactivate my company building key or my access to the network. The place is a revolving door, the management is constantly changing, and they couldn't pee into a boot even with directions written on the side.

Advice to Management

I hope you enjoyed my "farewell e-mail" that I sent on that sunny Sunday afternoon. I sent it around the world, wanting to spread the company's great reputation. I guess some good advice for the management would be, DON'T FORGET TO DEACTIVATE A TERMINATED EMPLOYEE'S ACCESS KEY AND EMAIL AFTER BRAVELY FIRING THEM OVER THE PHONE. Lemme guess, you got a dozen monkeys working the typewriters 24/7 trying to put this whole thing together?

10. "Good Organization to Grow"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New Delhi (India)

Pros

1. Good Working Atmosphere
    2. Management is supportive

Cons

1. No points for cons