Imasen Bucyrus Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Katsumi Ito

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Metrology Technician"

I have been working at Imasen Bucyrus Technology full-time

Pros

Friendly employees to work with.

Cons

Out dated equipment and information systems, no preventative maintenance, non-existent budget for quality department, quality department is not taken seriously by production control.

"Just.....ok"

Current Employee - Associate in Bucyrus, OH
    Current Employee - Associate in Bucyrus, OH

Pros

The only positive thing that ibt has going for it is the associates that work on the floor. They are all great, hard working people.

Cons

Their inept ability to realize their greatest asset is the people that work for them. I know many of these people that give everything they have for them and they couldn't care less. They say they try to keep wages comparable to local companies, but I know people that work at local companies and ibt is way underpaid!

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to be completely cleaned out. You have too many people serving from under other managers desks. Been that way for years, you need to lead by example, not by threats and intimidation.

"Great place to start"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Bucyrus, OH
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Bucyrus, OH

I worked at Imasen Bucyrus Technology full-time

Pros

Gives you hands on experience if you ask but training program is very weak. On the job training sounds fancy but end up, you are just bugging ppl.

Cons

low low pay. high turn over. not enough training. could be good place to work if you are growing up this area. otherwise, do not even think about here. all the benefits are cut back because of upper management.

Advice to Management

dont just think yourself. pay your employees better

"Imasen Bucyrus Technoogy- Sweat Shop"

Former Employee - Production Associate in Mount Pleasant, TN
    Former Employee - Production Associate in Mount Pleasant, TN

I worked at Imasen Bucyrus Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At this point I cant think of anything good to say other then it has running water and well stocked vending machines.

Cons

This Mt Pleasant Tn site is run by a character that has run three other plants in the ground. It offers extremely low pay for a auto mfg facility. The hours are demanding with the bare minimum breaks. as far as the management and team leads theirs only a small amount that treat you with dignity or respect/ After one spends forever working from the temp service to get hired on, only to find out this company would rather employ temps. If you don't have a target on your back in time you will.. .

Advice to Management

offer better incentives, increase the pay scale, stop treating the core of the business like numbers & stop walking around like your the almighty puppet master.

5. "The people are great, but the supervisors suck."

Current Employee - KSI Machine Operator in Bucyrus, OH
    Current Employee - KSI Machine Operator in Bucyrus, OH

I have been working at Imasen Bucyrus Technology part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who work on the floor are great. Most of them are easy to get along with, and they all have fun while operating.

Cons

The supervisors show way to much favoritism. If we are all working for the same paycheck, then we should all follow the same rules. Instead of two 15 minute breaks like labor laws state, you only get two 10 minute breaks, besides your 30 minute lunch.

Advice to Management

The team leaders need to stop showing favoritism and make everyone follow the rules.

"Wouldn't go back if they doubled my salary"

Former Employee - Production Coordinator in Bucyrus, OH

I worked at Imasen Bucyrus Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Like most places, good people to work with on the production floor - also, like most places, underpaid, spread too thin, and not appreciated.

Cons

Like most places, management is clueless about what actually happens in production, but they still get to make all the decisions.

Advice to Management

Look for another line of work - most of you are not cut out to manage people or processes.

"I-B Tech could be a great place to work, but their management is way out of touch with reality."

Former Employee - Production Coordinator in Bucyrus, OH

Pros

I-B Tech used to have one of the best benefits packages around - this was the primary reason I took a position with them. They also offered a decent starting salary for the position.

Cons

Their benefits package has been watered down tremendously, as of lately (mostly due to the economy, but also because of previous mis- management). The starting salary was decent, but came with a price - I generally worked between 10-14 hours daily as a menber of "management". My "area of responsibility" was increased exponentially, but the salary / title were not made commensurate with the increased responsibility. 2.5 years with this company, no official performance reviews, no increase in pay.

Advice to Management

The leadership of this company does not recognize or appreciate their greatest resource - the people that actually put the products in their customers' hands.

They have "used and abused" so many associates in their 12 years of existence, that almost everyone knows someone that "used to work" at I-B Tech - then they wonder why they have such a high turnover rate, and wonder why people won't even come and fill out an application to work there (even with unemployment at 10+ % in the area).

Too many burnt bridges in the (working) community and $8.50/hr starting wages will keep people away in droves.

Some of the Senior Management group has been in place since Day 1 - they need to be afforded the opportunity to "explore new career opportunities".