Imedx Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Christopher Foley

Pros
Cons
  • Low pay, no concern for employees (in 5 reviews)

• Additionally, the line count requirements can be difficult to reach (in 3 reviews)

1. "Working conditions"

Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist
    Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist

I have been working at Imedx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a job. Criss Spoto provides a great newsletter.

Cons

Have to pay too much for insurance. Not enough work to keep busy. Too much downtime. Very low pay.

Advice to Management

Please make it easier to make enough money to live on. Provide continuous stream of work. Less down time.

"Doesn't Treat Their People Well"

I have been working at Imedx full-time

Pros

If you need to work from home and have the skill set, it's a job. Pay is always on time.

Cons

Imedx is happy to acquire companies world wide, but they pass none of the benefits to their transcriptionists, the backbone of the company. They are slashing benefits and perks. If you don't make the line count, you cannot remain at full time employee status. It is almost like a sweat shop. With some research on Google, you will see the CEO boasting that they have built more facilities in India in October 2016 in order to hire more people there. Meanwhile, they cut the few perks they had under the guise of "fairness" to the people in other countries.

Advice to Management

Transcriptionists take pride in their work. When we get frequent emails about more and more benefits being slashed, or pay scale changes, we stop caring so much because we feel our employer don't care about us. You have the financial resources to purchase other companies at an alarming rate but you can't pass some of the wealth down to your little people? Morale is becoming lower and lower with each email you send. Please show your people that you are going to compensate them and give them perks for the hard work they do, otherwise your best people are going to find jobs elsewhere and you'll be left with people who don't take pride in their work.

"o.k. company to work for"

I have been working at Imedx full-time

Pros

Checks always on time. I have plenty of work available. Good interaction with supervisors,mgrs, etc. Some IT techs are really good, others so-so.

Cons

Pay is absolutely miserable. But then I think probably across the board with other companies they all have miserable pay. End up working all day for less than minimum wage 95% of the time. However, it is a job and when you need $ what little pay there is, is welcome.

Advice to Management

You need to boost up the pay scale for the MT's, QA and Editors, and for part timers or IC people you need to offer some incentive to work. When all the incentive you have is the miserably low pay it is not exactly encouraging you to work harder. I know from past experience that when contracts are bid you have to put in one that will please the client, hence the low pay for us on the keyboard. Your salaries for those in higher mgt or mid mgt is too high in comparison to what the worker bees are paid.

"QA"

Current Employee - QA (QAA)
    Current Employee - QA (QAA)

I have been working at Imedx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Offer benefits, work at home

Cons

Since buyout of Amphion (which was a great company), management has gone down hill. No one knows what they are doing. There is no communication with employees. Everything is very secretive. You get the most minimal amount of communication possible only after multiple people bombard them with emails. The old adage is true: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Advice to Management

Communication is key when running a company. People start to not care or take pride in their work when they feel they are being viewed as a number. You have taken over multiple companies and have had multiple excellent employees who "were" happy but since take over, have become unhappy. Again, COMMUNICATION. If your management does not know how to do it, the rest of the company suffers. No one knows what is going on, what is expected of them, what procedures to take to try to accomplish their jobs. You come in and turn everything upside down and then expect it to work because it has the Imedx name. Not sure how happy your clients are, but with MT and QA work being done because people are thrown onto accounts and platforms they have never done before and expected to keep up with production, not teaching anyone what they need to do, it is just backward. You can tell Medquist is still leading the company, no matter if your name is Medquist, M-Modal, Nuance, Imedx. It is all the same company and all led the same way, upside down.

"We Got Swallowed up by this Monster"

Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist/Editor

I have been working at Imedx part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have a job that I can do from home.

Cons

Low pay, no concern for employees. No recognition for a job well done. No benefits for part-timers. I worked for a great little company that got bought out by iMedX. Right before we were bought out I had just signed up for my 401K and had plenty of work. All of sudden with no warning we were informed that we were now part of iMedX and everything changed overnight. for the worse. Now it seems the company is over-hiring at the same time we are losing accounts. They want to keep the customer satisfied but don't care about the employees. It's no skin off their backs if the employees run out of work. It's all about keeping the clients happy and screwing the employees over.

Advice to Management

Find a way to let your MLS have a steady flow of work from a few accounts that we can become familiar with and not be constantly running out of work and having to switch between multiple accounts all the time. In a 4-hour shift I often have to switch between 4 or 5 different accounts just to try to get in my minimum line requirement. And the pay scale doesn't accommodate all of that down time. It's hard to make a decent wage that way.

"Bad and only getting worse"

Current Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Pay on time. Usually have work available

Cons

Absolutely no benefits with part-time status, no holiday pay although required to work if they fall on a regularly scheduled day; no weekend differential; no shift differential, horrible offshore support. Must buy all your own equipment and Office software.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth a bit here. Some of us have been you through all the various buyouts and watched our pay and benefits drop off with each buyout. Stop treating US employees like we are from a third world. Most of us have been doing this for 20 years plus and now make less than we did when we started..

8. "Very unprofessional and dishonest company."

Former Employee - Coding Recruiter in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Coding Recruiter in Remote, OR

I worked at Imedx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amphion was a great company to work for. Imedx bought out Amphion. Imedx was terrible! Medical Coders beware! Positions are not ling term!

Cons

Very disappointing! Dedicated almost 5 years to a company. Then imedx bought out Amphion and told all of us that our positions were safe. And within 6 months 90% of Coders were released.

"Off Shore"

Pros

Lots or work when they have it.

Cons

Work quickly moves off shore

Advice to Management

Be honest

"MT - employed 5+ years"

Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist/Editor

I have been working at Imedx part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home, plenty of work to meet lines, teamleaders are always available.

Cons

The pay is nothing to brag about, lots of demands but low morale, quick to pass on negative feedback and rarely positive.

Advice to Management

Need to show you value your employees, especially long-term ones that have stuck with the company through the feast and famine.

Imedx Response

Nov 18, 2016 – VP, HR & Administration

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate and value all of our employees. We regularly monitor the feedback of our associates, as well as offer multiple recognition programs. I encourage you to ... More

11. "Medical Transcriptionist/Editor"

I have been working at Imedx part-time

Pros

Can still work from home

Cons

Paychecks keep getting smaller and smaller. Medical transcription/editing is a disappearing profession.

Imedx Response

Oct 16, 2016 – VP, HR & Administration

iMedX offers and encourages continuous education opportunities for our Medical Transcriptionists. A recent article was published regarding the industry that is worth reading ... More