Imedx Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.8
Christopher Foley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home, plenty of work to meet lines, teamleaders are always available (in 15 reviews)

• flexible schedule - ability to work alone without constant supervision (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • low pay, horrible communication, forced to work too much without counting it (illegal (in 8 reviews)

• Additionally, the line count requirements can be difficult to reach (in 5 reviews)

1. "Company continues to improve"

Current Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Akron, OH

I have been working at Imedx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of work. Management is very helpful and friendly. Lots of changes going on trying to improve the company and employee satisfaction.

Cons

Their owned platform is very cumbersome to work with. Benefits could be a little better and they could improve on how vacation time is earned.

2. "Low pay for skilled position"

Current Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Imedx part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is helpful. Flexible schedules.

Cons

Low pay for skilled position. Outsources.

Advice to Management

I don't understand the business model of paying someone with years of experience and skill the same as someone without. Pay is commensurate with entry level.

3. "editor"

I worked at Imedx full-time

Pros

Working from home is the only good thing I can think of.

Cons

Pay scale very low. Expectations very high! No way to achieve line count.

4. "MT"

I worked at Imedx part-time

Pros

Unfortunately, there really are none. Working at home may be the only positive thing, but for the low pay it's still not worth it.

Cons

I previously worked with Amphion and transitioned over when iMedx bought them out. Within a year the pay was cut to a standard of 4 cpl edit / 8 cpl transcription and line counts increased from 5,000 per pay period to 12,000 for part time. Half the things you do, finding or creating patient demographics, looking up new words or medications = not paid for. Inconsistent feedback from proofers. Sometimes unprofessional management who will single you out in group e-mails regarding private matters without saying your name, rather than discussing with you, like an adult. Company is continually focused on outsourcing so they can make more money. Avoid this company at all costs. Not worth your time.

Advice to Management

Stop being so greedy and pay your MTs what they deserve. You should all be ashamed of yourselves!

5. "Outsourcing"

I worked at Imedx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unfortunately none at this time

Cons

Disorganization, Reimbursement, Supervisors, Support, Compensation

6. "Medical transcriptionist"

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist/Editor
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist/Editor

I worked at Imedx full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at home. That is it.

Cons

Awful employer. Was probably the fastest transcriptionist at my prior employment fir 40+ years and even with killing myself to produce as much as possible dropped more than $5 an hour. Was able to initially meet my previous scale but they kept changing the scale and changing accounts so I dropped rapidly. No appreciation. Poor availability from leads for questions. Awful place to work.

7. "sinking ship"

Former Employee - Remote Medical Coder
    Former Employee - Remote Medical Coder

I worked at Imedx full-time

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

I would get out while you can. Once iMedx acquired Amphion Medical Solutions, people are leaving, getting fired and there are certainly not any new clients coming their way. Bad word of mouth, salespeople and the upper management staff only wants money for themselves.

"Horrible Company"

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist

Pros

There is no reason to work for this company unless you are absolutely desperate.

Cons

Cut pay in half, increased minimum line count, mandatory overtime, rescinded benefits, no flexibility, no time off, no bonus, no concern for employees, supervisor oblivious, inconsistent feedback, sporadic work

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees and show some respect. Your employees are not robots.

"this place sucks"

Current Employee - Medical Language Specialist
    Current Employee - Medical Language Specialist

I have been working at Imedx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There aren't any pros of working here

Cons

low pay, horrible communication, forced to work too much without counting it (illegal?)

Advice to Management

do better

"Think twice"

Former Employee - Coding Specialist
    Former Employee - Coding Specialist

I worked at Imedx part-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible schedule - ability to work alone without constant supervision.

Cons

This was a great company when it was Amphion. After iMedx bought it out, things changed drastically. No more holiday pay or PTO for part-time. No bonus pay. Constant emails saying "effective immediately so and so no longer works here. I was laid off through an email! My manager didn't call me. I got the "effective today you are laid off" After a year and a half, this is NOT how I expect to be treated. When it was still Amphion, I was never without work. Once iMedx came in, there were 2 months without any work whatsoever. They kept saying that the census was down at the client. Not believable. Rumors are they are outsourcing to foreign coders. I was a loyal employee and this is not acceptable. Do you really want your medical records in the hands of foreign entities that don't have to abide by HIPAA laws?

Advice to Management

Show respect to long term employees. Don't send a cold email and tell them they are laid off immediately. Is this how you would want to be treated? If it's true that you are sending work overseas, be honest and don't blindside your employees.