Imgur Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.7
Alan Schaaf

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Start-ups get a bad rap for being known as places with crapy work/life balance" (in 7 reviews)

• "the office space is very spacious with lots of places to grab your laptop and work" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons - this isn't a big business so we have the startup feel" (in 2 reviews)

• "we stay lean so it would be nice to have a few more employees per department" (in 2 reviews)

"I do what I love!"

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Imgur for three years now and I have to say it's the best company I've every worked for. Start-ups get a bad rap for being known as places with crapy work/life balance. Imgur is a place that truly respects work/life balance and at the same time keeps a high bar for output and performance. I've had the opportunity to do some of my best work here and I truly feel like I'm part of a family. I know there is a huge focus on continuing to grow the Imgur product, make the company even more diverse and building a company for the future. All of those things excite me and I'm proud to work here. The benefits are some of the best in the business and the pay is competitive as well.

Cons

Imgur has had amazing organic scale and growth. I believe the company is at a very interesting crossroads for the future and I see the product team pushing the limits on the expectations for the future of our product. I think the future is unknown from a product perspective and that makes some people uneasy. However, the team is committed to Imgur being different and truly being a place that lifts the worlds spirits for a few moments everyday. It's going to be an interesting ride and I'm proud to be part of it.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating the vision for Imgur and where we are headed. Let's truly be the best social site out there and stand for something different. Also, please keep a strong focus on diversity as we grow.

"Fun place to work, but lack of upper management that seemed to care."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Imgur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office space, dog friendly is a huge plus. Awesome people who seem like the genuinely want to be there. Mixed feelings on the product.

Cons

I honestly felt like there was a huge disconnect between the executive team and the rest of the company. They appear to be transparent (in that they mention being transparent often), but I don't feel they were. Didn't feel like all the executives valued my role or position there. Also felt the role of CEO was played more so by the COO.

"A phenomenal workplace"

Current Employee - Creative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Creative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent company culture; management is transparent and communicative; lots of opportunities for growth; consistent feedback; company truly lives its values; $100/month for wellness; snacks, coffee, lunches Mondays and Fridays; ability to work from home when needed. This is truly a fantastic place to work.

Cons

Honestly, no complaints. It's been a great experience.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Best interview & onboarding process"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am only in my second week, but so far Imgur is an amazing company to work for. The interview process did not feel like an interview, it was so much fun and everyone made me feel incredibly valued and included from the start. I really enjoyed the onboarding process as well. I was set-up with meetings with every department and 1:1s with everyone I'd be working with. All of the people are incredibly friendly and welcoming. I already feel very prepared and excited about working at Imgur.

Cons

I have no cons to share yet.

"A lean, fast moving family"

Current Employee - Senior Product Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Feels more like a family than simply a job
    -Ability to make a big impact on the product
    -Open communication throughout entire company
    -Amazing benefits, WFH policy and start up perks

Cons

-Few growth opportunities
    -A lot of pressure on super lean teams

"It honestly is the best place I have worked thus far!"

I have been working at Imgur full-time

Pros

-the people - kind, generous, smart and real. No games here and no one department thinks they are better then the others.
    -the office space is very spacious with lots of places to grab your laptop and work
    -the unlimited vacation-
    -work from home Wednesdays
    -the product is a lot of fun to work on. We exchange hilarious stories from Imgur daily.

Cons

-we stay lean so it would be nice to have a few more employees per department.

Advice to Management

-continue to communicate often and lets get a few more employees in here.

"Data"

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome relaxed culture while still being serious and performance-oriented. Incredibly friendly and smart people. Fun product to work on!

Cons

Big ambitions can mean it's hard to stay focused - some scrappiness required!

May 10, 2017 – Operations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

"Best job I've ever had"

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Super transparent about the company's goals, roadmap, and executive decisions
    - Generous PTO and remote work days
    - You get to browse Imgur all day!
    - People are extremely passionate and it's inspiring to come into an office where everyone is excited to be there. The group is very welcoming.
    - The office space is incredible - big, open, with lots of flexible work spaces. And it's decorated with cool user artwork!

Cons

Nothing major, it's really the best company around. If you're extremely sensitive, you probably won't like the user content that you may be exposed to as part of you job.

Advice to Management

We could use more communication when features are shipped.

Sep 6, 2017 – VP, Talent

Hi there and thanks so much for the review. We love that you love working here and your advice is definitely heard. With the recent hire of our Technical Program Manager, we hope to beef up the... More

9. "Still a great place!"

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Imgur is great. Everyone here is passionate about what they do, and you can tell people enjoy coming to work. I feel there is open communication across the company, and people are aware of what every team is working on.

Cons

There are lots of meetings

Sep 6, 2017 – VP, Talent

Thanks for the review and I'm glad you still love coming to work after a year. I hear you on the meetings and we are getting ready to roll out all new best practices around meetings to help with that.... More

"Tap dancing to work!"

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+ CULTURE: we have a bunch of values written on the walls etc., but none of that means anything if people don't adhere to them. At Imgur, the values actually do define how we behave and treat one another. At its core is respect and compassion.
    + IMPACT: We reach tens of million of people every day. Its pretty cool for such a small team to have an impact on so many people.
    + LEARNING: Every single day I'm learning from people who are smarter than I am. There's an incredibly talented group of people here, who challenge and push one another to perform at their best.

Cons

- Some times people leave the fridge open overnight and all the food needs be thrown out in the AM.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on! Since I've been here I've seen you grow as a team. Its incredible to watch and be a part of it.

May 10, 2017 – Operations Manager

Thank you for the thoughtful review! We love that you are thriving in our ever growing environment! We'll be sure to watch over the fridge door!