Imgur Reviews | Glassdoor

"Data"

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome relaxed culture while still being serious and performance-oriented. Incredibly friendly and smart people. Fun product to work on!

Cons

Big ambitions can mean it's hard to stay focused - some scrappiness required!

May 10, 2017 – Operations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

2. "There's no place I'd rather work"

Current Employee - Creative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Creative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent company culture, lunch provided Mondays and Fridays, awesome benefits, centrally located, everyone is very easygoing and friendly

Cons

Open floor plan can be a little distracting, but there are plenty of rooms to duck into if you need privacy to focus

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The transparency and open communication is greatly appreciated.

3. "As the company grows, so is the culture in a good way"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very attentive to the employees. CEO is very transparent on the business affairs. Cool culture. Lots of flexibility. Great office space

Cons

technically we aren't supposed to work from home on Friday's but I hear that may change. Not really anything else to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep re-evaluating processes and benefits, snacks, employee review process etc....I really like how things keep changing for the better and we are all well informed of the changes and why.

4. "Best job I've ever had"

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Super transparent about the company's goals, roadmap, and executive decisions
    - Generous PTO and remote work days
    - You get to browse Imgur all day!
    - People are extremely passionate and it's inspiring to come into an office where everyone is excited to be there. The group is very welcoming.
    - The office space is incredible - big, open, with lots of flexible work spaces. And it's decorated with cool user artwork!

Cons

Nothing major, it's really the best company around. If you're extremely sensitive, you probably won't like the user content that you may be exposed to as part of you job.

Advice to Management

We could use more communication when features are shipped.

5. "Still a great place!"

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Imgur is great. Everyone here is passionate about what they do, and you can tell people enjoy coming to work. I feel there is open communication across the company, and people are aware of what every team is working on.

Cons

There are lots of meetings

"Tap dancing to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+ CULTURE: we have a bunch of values written on the walls etc., but none of that means anything if people don't adhere to them. At Imgur, the values actually do define how we behave and treat one another. At its core is respect and compassion.
    + IMPACT: We reach tens of million of people every day. Its pretty cool for such a small team to have an impact on so many people.
    + LEARNING: Every single day I'm learning from people who are smarter than I am. There's an incredibly talented group of people here, who challenge and push one another to perform at their best.

Cons

- Some times people leave the fridge open overnight and all the food needs be thrown out in the AM.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on! Since I've been here I've seen you grow as a team. Its incredible to watch and be a part of it.

May 10, 2017 – Operations Manager

Thank you for the thoughtful review! We love that you are thriving in our ever growing environment! We'll be sure to watch over the fridge door!

7. "Exciting time to be at Imgur"

Current Employee - Android Engineer
    Current Employee - Android Engineer

I have been working at Imgur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Awesome office space (and dog friendly!)
    - Down to earth and friendly people in every department
    - Honest communication about company's fundamentals from leadership
    - Positive place to grow and pursue passions in your career
    - Working on a product that reaches millions and the ability to see users' reactions directly on Imgur!
    - Excellent benefits and perks!

Cons

When things get hectic, there can be miscommunication among departments.

Advice to Management

Ensure that every team is on the same page when developing features. While a lot of trust is given to each team to complete their requirements at their own pace, there still needs to be coordination to ensure everyone is on the same page during every phase of development.

Jan 5, 2017

Thanks for providing an honest insight into what it’s like to work at Imgur. We appreciate the open feedback in your response and truly value your advice to management. Building out features that... More

"Incredible place to work"

Current Employee - Platform Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Platform Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture and core values are no joke, Imgur practices what it preaches. Incredibly smart, talented, passionate people across the board. Great location, great perks, great work/life balance. The CEO is incredibly humble and wise. People are given lots of trust and autonomy. Reason and logic prevail here.

Cons

Some growing pains as teams expand and new processes are put in place to accommodate managing the project pipelines. I think this is a common denominator for any company at this stage.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Jan 5, 2017 – Operations Manager

We value your feedback and love that you feel so strongly about our culture and core values! Thank you for your review!

9. "A place like no other"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've had the opportunity to see Imgur grow as a company for the past few years. It's not the same as when I started... and I'm still here. Working at scale with a small team makes the job all the more exciting. We work hard to make this an amazing place to be. There are dogs in the office to help you during moments of stress, we have catered lunches, great benefits, a sweet office space, etc. etc. and of course, amazing people.

I wouldn't be at Imgur if it wasn't for the amount of great talent we've hired. They're not only some of smartest, most passionate, people I've known, but also a pleasure to be around. I say Imgur is like no other place because I feel it's hard to come across a company where people want to give their best, are passionate about their work, and are excited to come in the next day. I'm thrilled to see how Imgur will evolve, what challenges we will face, and the engineering problems we'll be tackling.

Cons

Fast pace environment, sometimes results in burning-out and stressful times, but can be managed.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to your employees

Jan 3, 2017 – Operations Manager

Great review, thank you!

"Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - IOS Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - IOS Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I really couldn't be happier at Imgur. The salary and benefits are awesome, but that's just the icing on the banana-flavored cake. Most everyone is super humble, low ego, wicked smart, and just want to ship something cool. The product has a very involved community, and engineering sprints have clearly defined objectives. This really helps to get things shipped and I've never felt like I was working on something that didn't matter.

As for the benefits, taking PTO has never been a problem, the salary is great, insurance is best I've seen (and I've worked in academia), they're dog friendly, and every year you have a passion fund that you can spend on whatever interests you.

Oh, and catered lunches that are pretty awesome.

Cons

I suppose if you're allergic to dogs the pet friendly environment may be an issue. You'll see a lot of material that's posted by users. Some of it may offend you, who knows. The company culture itself is very tolerant, very kind. Not a pepsi-stocked work place.

Advice to Management

I dunno, maybe we could have some pepsi every once in a while? At least some root beer.

Oct 11, 2016 – Operations Manager

Thank you for the thoughtful and great review! Keep up the amazing work! We will definitely try and add some variety in the soda department!