Imgur Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 4, 2019

4.8
Alan Schaaf

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Start-ups get a bad rap for being known as places with crapy work/life balance" (in 8 reviews)

• "the office space is very spacious with lots of places to grab your laptop and work" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons - this isn't a big business so we have the startup feel" (in 3 reviews)

• "If you don't like dogs, it can be a tough place to work" (in 3 reviews)

1. "A strong team, with a genuine passion"

Current Employee - Community Manager
    Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Imgur was a breath of fresh air, as an employee, and as an industry professional. Management is direct, straight-forward, and adaptive to change and ideas. They have a genuine desire to make the world a better place, and start with their employees.

Remote work is a breeze, both full-time, and as an optional WFH set up. Communication burn-out is a thankfully absent curse at Imgur.

Cons

Inter-team communication could always be better, as is the case in many companies. A clearer understanding for the right hand as to what the left hand is up to is always welcome.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep communicating.

2. "Best job I've had... ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love the people, the work and the mission of the company. One of the Company's values is to "give more than you take" and the company lives up to that value in the way it treats it people, and the users of its product.

Cons

If you don't like dogs, it can be a tough place to work. Fortunately, I love furry friends.

Advice to Management

Continue making the internet (and world) better!

3. "I really like working here."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pro that I'd emphasize is all the awesome people. Imgur employs some of the most talented people I've worked with. It's a positive, friendly vibe every day, and I feel like everyone is respected, and differences are valued.

The benefits are great, and I get the sense from HR and leadership that they care about their employees and want to do right by them.

Fun things are happening all the time, from supporting sick children through a 24-hour videogameathon, an annual offsite, a company holiday party, bi-weekly all hands, monthly re-occurring events, the fun never stops.

The product is good, and it does good. We find the Imgur community is filled with good people who use Imgur to do good things for others.

If you're remote, Imgur very much values remote employees and works hard to create a good experience for everyone. For example, during our Thanksgiving day cook-off, remote employees were sent something instead of being able to attend. Additionally, remote employees have many opportunities during the year to travel to the main office. It's fun when everyone's together.

Cons

There's a lot of work to do, but that's actually a good thing!

Advice to Management

Keep it going!

"Raising the world's spirits"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and energetic corporate culture; excellent employee benefits; superb location

Cons

Small company; start-up environment; awash in dogs

"Some additional info not found in other reviews"

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In addition to the other positive comments made in Glassdoor, I wanted to add that leadership wants to hear from the employees. Good, bad or otherwise. There are many ways to give feedback from regular 1:1s, ability to grab someone from leadership and set up an appointment to talk, asking questions at the all-hands and the CEOs weekly time set aside to hear from employees .

Cons

I have nothing to add here.

6. "A job here is like coming home"

I have been working at Imgur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a strong community atmosphere, each team works in sync with one another, there is always constant communication, and everyone is always ready to help at a moment's notice!

Cons

Due to the limitations in workplace law, I can't work for them 24 hours a day and live in the office.

Advice to Management

Stay humble, stay transparent, keep learning, and never stay where you are....we can always grow!

7. "Great place to work, thrive and grow."

I have been working at Imgur full-time

Pros

Company is diverse and my team is really supportive. Great work life balance and people here care about creating inclusive and warm culture. A lot of smart people work here and I learn new things everyday. We have the best HR team and they work hard to make sure everyone is happy and well equipped to do the work. Best thing about working here is playing with office dogs and watch funny memes on a daily basis - it takes your stress away. Super fun place to work and make magic happen.

Cons

No cons to share yet. This is a great place to work for.

Advice to Management

Leadership is transparent, approachable and literally collaborate with teammates to make things done. But sometimes it can feel a little micromanagement like.

"Fun place to work, but lack of upper management that seemed to care."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Imgur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office space, dog friendly is a huge plus. Awesome people who seem like the genuinely want to be there. Mixed feelings on the product.

Cons

I honestly felt like there was a huge disconnect between the executive team and the rest of the company. They appear to be transparent (in that they mention being transparent often), but I don't feel they were. Didn't feel like all the executives valued my role or position there. Also felt the role of CEO was played more so by the COO.

"I do what I love!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Imgur for three years now and I have to say it's the best company I've every worked for. Start-ups get a bad rap for being known as places with crapy work/life balance. Imgur is a place that truly respects work/life balance and at the same time keeps a high bar for output and performance. I've had the opportunity to do some of my best work here and I truly feel like I'm part of a family. I know there is a huge focus on continuing to grow the Imgur product, make the company even more diverse and building a company for the future. All of those things excite me and I'm proud to work here. The benefits are some of the best in the business and the pay is competitive as well.

Cons

Imgur has had amazing organic scale and growth. I believe the company is at a very interesting crossroads for the future and I see the product team pushing the limits on the expectations for the future of our product. I think the future is unknown from a product perspective and that makes some people uneasy. However, the team is committed to Imgur being different and truly being a place that lifts the worlds spirits for a few moments everyday. It's going to be an interesting ride and I'm proud to be part of it.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating the vision for Imgur and where we are headed. Let's truly be the best social site out there and stand for something different. Also, please keep a strong focus on diversity as we grow.

"A phenomenal workplace"

Current Employee - Creative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Creative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent company culture; management is transparent and communicative; lots of opportunities for growth; consistent feedback; company truly lives its values; $100/month for wellness; snacks, coffee, lunches Mondays and Fridays; ability to work from home when needed. This is truly a fantastic place to work.

Cons

Honestly, no complaints. It's been a great experience.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.