Impact Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Impact Group CEO Lauren Herring
Lauren Herring

1. "Mission, Vision, Values Driven Organization - Live it 24/7 - professionally and personally"

Current Employee - Vice President, People Solutions in Houston, TX

I have been working at Impact Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IG has an incredible leadership team, peers and culture. Everyone is authentic, collaborative, innovative, willing to jump in and help anyone regardless of title or department to help them achieve their personal objectives that result in a win for the organization. I am thrilled to be a part of an organization that is a coaching organization at its core. It's been a very long time since I've had leaders and peers invest the time to share with you where you're excelling and where you can continue to add additional value. Very entrepreneurial culture, willing to get outside the box, and try new things. I absolutely love that I wake up every day, excited to start my day and feel confident that every day I am going to make a difference in someone's life. That is the best feeling in the world. The company also should be commended on their work-life balance approach to success. They have an awesome rewards and recognition program in place, along with opportunities for ongoing development and continuous improvement. And the best thing for me - I absolutely LOVE working for a 2nd generation WBE organization. I have never had a female CEO and it is dramatically different in a positive way. We are a very compassionate, caring organization both for our internal colleagues and our clients. Making a difference is core to who we are and changing people's lives for the better. It as an honor to work for IMPACT Group and serve my clients and peers.

Cons

5 words required - ABSOLUTELY NONE

Advice to Management

Continue driving the entrepreneurial spirit of the organization and continue to support innovation and implement the right ideas and strategies at the right time. Most importantly continue to execute with excellence in everything we do.

2. "VP, People Solutions"

Current Employee - Vice President, People Solutions in Houston, TX

I have been working at Impact Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Outstanding people-centric organization; outstanding solutions; exceptional leadership open to new ideas; reward for hard work and discipline; wonderful collaborative environment; excellent compensation and benefits

Cons

I have not seen or experienced any negatives at this time

Advice to Management

Continue the great work and outstanding organizational culture!

3. "Great Job!"

Former Employee - Boxer in Gallatin, TN
    Former Employee - Boxer in Gallatin, TN

I worked at Impact Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay and treat their workers well.

Cons

I have no cons to wright down.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

4. "Lots of talk, little action"

Current Employee - Client Services Staff in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Client Services Staff in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Impact Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule and work from home opportunities are great. Makes it easy to maintain a work-life balance when you don't have to fight traffic and can flex your hours to go to a dental appointment or something.

Cons

Pay is not exceptionally high. There seem to be a lot of initiatives that get announced and you don't hear about them again. The senior management SAY they want feedback and input, but only the positives and anything negative is taken personally. Recognition is minimal to nonexistent.

Advice to Management

Institute an actual recognition program. Bump salaries. Improve training and make consequences for poor performance or repeated issues.

5. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, IL

I worked at Impact Group (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's a small family owned company. They really do value employees and employee engagement

Cons

Not anything really bad to say.

"Great work balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Impact Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment which allows most in the company flexible hours and schedules, successful especially when so many companies are struggling, good bosses who push us but recognize importance of work life balance

Cons

Hard to come up. Only thing is that we are smaller which means that we have fewer promotional opportunities but I recognized that when I came here. I always have the opportunity to leave but tough to match the flexible work schedule and my good boss.

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Impact Group (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a good company to work for and offers good work life balance. The culture is good here too and I wouldn't change anything.

Cons

I can't think of anything I would change or that is a negative at the moment. They are good at meeting the needs of their employees here.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing and knowing that your employees are your biggest asset and the key to the company.

8. "Outstanding Company & Employer"

I have been working at Impact Group full-time

Pros

From top to bottom, the company truly cares about people--employees, customers, prospects. Always looking for new ways to serve clients and engage team members. Great people to work with here--talented, high character.

Cons

Much pressure to grow. That pressure should turn to celebration as growth is achieved.

Advice to Management

Continue to add high character people to the team and continue to treat employees well.

9. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Saint Louis, MO

Pros

IMPACT Group is a company that is focused simply on a mission of making a difference in people's lives. They offer partnerships with corporations in the areas of Outplacement, Leadership and Talent Development and Relocation. It is a great company to work for. This company genuinely cares about people in all facets.

Cons

Have 0 complaints or suggestions for improvement.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work...you are a role model to other companies!!

10. "Great culture, led my a great leader!"

Current Employee - SAP HCM Human Resources Functional Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

This is a company that really focuses on the people. They espouse having an impact one relationship at a time, and they deliver! The leader genuinely believes in the mission and displays it in every interaction, everyday. It's a rare thing to see this kind of alignment, so I can honestly say this is a special place.

Cons

Not enough organizations know about how valuable it is to partner with Impact Group.

Advice to Management

Keep your focus and stay true to your mission, it's a good one :)