Cover image for Impact Management Services

Found 44 of over 47 reviews
41% Recommend to a Friend
49% Approve of CEO

Found 44 of over 47 reviews

Impact Management Services President and CEO Pete Davis (no image)
Pete Davis

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I have rarely had the opportunity to work for a CEO and COO that care for their employees and take the time to ask how they are doing professionally and personally.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Good location, great coworkers there(in 3 reviews)
  • "Great core values & people(in 3 reviews)
  • "We have a great culture and the team is ALL IN.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "In my opinion, this is due to the high stress, long hours (50(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Whew gotta love it

Sep 19, 2022 - Janitor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the pay rates. Can’t beat it

Cons

Management could use better help

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best job I've ever had

May 31, 2022 - Regional Recruiter in Riverside, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Change to learn new skills in a fast paced, think on your feet environment. It's a sink or swim field but you're given the tools to succeed.

Cons

Contract not permanent work with client companies.

3. Join the Impact Management Services team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Inconsistent, poorly ran, and no accountability

Mar 3, 2021 - Payroll Processor in Southfield, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible with time off. For the most part super chill and understanding with work/life balance and family obligations. Benefits are good.

Cons

There is no consistency or accountability. The HR/back office team has to bend to the whims and basically kiss the sales/recruiter teams butts. It's expected that back office take on all inconveniences, pressure, adaptability, and blame but account managers and recruiters are not held to the same high expectation or responsibility. Common guidelines for labor and immigration laws are not followed, documents are submitted late and/or illegally, people are not paid on time because account managers don't inform back office team that someone started employment until payroll was already ran. All this creates more work on the payroll processor and pressure/reprimand if not addressed ASAP yet the people actually at fault are not held accountable therefore no change happens. The job of the payroll processor is essentially 2 jobs in 1 with only one pay that is already on the LOW side for just ONE of those positions, let alone combining two jobs into one! As a payroll processor you're expected to process payroll weekly, create and send client invoices weekly, run ADDITIONAL payrolls for people that are missed (per statements made above) weekly, enter and run 20-50 backgrounds weekly, enter 20-50+ new hires weekly, inspect/analyze/review all 20-50+ new hire folders and documents weekly, generate 3+ payroll related reports weekly, scan new hire folders into internal server weekly, complete 20-50+ new hire WOTC documents and mail weekly, complete multiple garnishments and scan/mail/submit weekly, watch for CEO's lunch regularly (because he can't do that himself), put dishes away daily, register/mail cash cards weekly, complete MASS terminations weekly (because turnover is ridiculous), attend 1-2hr+ meetings at least every other week (some falling on payroll days) while not falling behind, answer numerous calls/emails regarding pay per day because the contractors are illiterate and don't understand taxes/payroll/correct direct deposit info/etc, generate multiple random requested reports from account managers, recruiters, and/or clients weekly, AND MORE. This is a two person job that you will be expected to complete in a normal 40hr work week only making 41k per year. Yeah, not recommended.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Temp agency

Feb 22, 2021 - Laborer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Will help you find work

Cons

Nothing stable just temp work

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Not ample training

Mar 7, 2021 - Accounts Payable in Queens Village, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Days off are ample in abundance

Cons

Extra work load after holiday

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company! Great team! Great leadership!

Aug 26, 2019 - Account Manager in Southfield, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership cares. The company offers people that want to take initiative the ability to create their own future. We have a great culture and the team is ALL IN. Crains Cool Places to Work! Our GROW FAST program is such an awesome perk and a testament to this company investing in us. Such a privilege and am grateful to be part of it.

Cons

Leadership has made some hiring mistakes. As you see from the under-performers that want to blame the company and leadership instead of looking in the mirror in previous posts. If guilty of anything, this company believes in people, and is will to invest in our personal and professional growth, but unfortunately some people we have brought in don’t want to pull their weight and decide to blame others for their failure. Not sure it’s a “con” but the only thing I can complain about is we’ve given opportunity to people that are not worthy to be part of our team.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

This is the best company I've ever worked for.

Mar 9, 2015 - Area Lead in Southfield, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management cares about employee's well-being. They care about professional, personal growth and overall improvement, which is demonstrated by the books and iPod provided to employees for continuing education. The owner fosters a culture of hard-work, yet having fun. He believes we should have a job we love and look forward to going to each day. We get free snacks, soda, energy drinks. Management also recognizes that managing energy can be more important than managing time. Meaning, that instead of sitting at a desk for 12 hours straight and losing productivity, you're encouraged to get up and stretch, walk around, goof around with co-workers for a bit, and then get back to work after those energizing moments. Finally, the focus of the company is great. We provide long-term employment for people, not just "placing" people into temporary jobs but helping them find the job that is best for them and also help companies to flourish with outstanding employees.

Cons

If you've ever worked in the recruiting and staffing industry, you know it's demanding. It's hard work. You'll likely be tired at the end of a long day, but the reward outweighs the cost. Like the saying goes, anything worth having is worth working hard for. Many people that rip companies apart, do so because those individuals were not prepared to roll up their sleeves and work through obstacle that promote growth.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Unprofessional

Jan 29, 2021 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can't think of a single one

Cons

Employee turnover rate, unprofessional, egotistical

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company to Work for and Grow WIth

Oct 14, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Impact is a great company to grow with. We are led by a passionate, hard working and visionary group of leaders. If you are all-in and work hard, they recognize and reward your efforts. I have rarely had the opportunity to work for a CEO and COO that care for their employees and take the time to ask how they are doing professionally and personally. They ask for your opinion and suggestions and implement as many as they can. The theory of work hard - play hard would apply here. Yes they ask you to work hard and be accountable for your actions and results. They also take the time to relax and enjoy team lunches and team events during the month. Other companies I have worked with have not encouraged their people to grow and develop. At Impact it's one of our core values.

Cons

This is not the place to work if you just want to coast. Not every company is for every employee. I would love more flexibility to work remotely, but I understand the need for being available in the office.

3 people found this review helpful
  11. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Where "A" players come to die

Jun 22, 2020 - Operations Manager in Southfield, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

drinking on the job, free snacks, ability to work on several accounts/clients

Cons

micro-management, you'll only last if you keep your mouth shut, revolving door, zero support

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Reviews
</>Embed

Impact Management Services Reviews FAQs

Impact Management Services has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 47 reviews left anonymously by employees. 41% of employees would recommend working at Impact Management Services to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Impact Management Services employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Impact Management Services. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

41% of Impact Management Services employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Impact Management Services 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Impact Management Services to be benefits, career development, senior leadership and the cons to be compensation, workplace, culture.

Popular Careers with Impact Management Services Job Seekers