Impaq International Reviews | Glassdoor

Avi Benus

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Research Analyst"

I have been working at Impaq International full-time

Pros

I have been working at IMPAQ for 14 months and have been very happy here. The project-based work is flexible to suit your professional development goals. If you want to develop particular skills there is a high chance that you can become involved in an applicable project. Self-advocacy is effective and can influence work based on your interests and goals, including both research-content and managerial skills. There is a higher level of transparency between upper and lower management, which I greatly appreciate. The work-life balance is good; if you need to work remotely for an appointment or sick child you will not receive any push-back. the culture is respectful, kind, and entrepreneurial.

Cons

I work in a satellite office; sometimes there are delays in decisions getting disseminated to our location.

2. "Good Place to Work"

I have been working at Impaq International full-time

Pros

Professional atmosphere with room to grow. Firm encourages development and training. Wide assortment of projects to work on if desired.

Cons

Must be able to work independently, self-promote. Staff so involved in own projects and with own clients that internal communication is limited.

3. "Big wins and making a difference."

Current Employee - Senior Research Associate in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Research Associate in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Impaq International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good culture getting even better. New CEO has been a lift. Young and connecting well with staff at all levels. Engaging, empowering and driven. Company just scored the largest win ever and this will only strengthen the staff morale.

Company just restructured and my area has been combined with others, so hoping this will bring new opportunities for all.

Cons

With growth brings some uncertainty. Leadership appears stronger than ever, but you just have to hope that the culture can continue as we open up more locations.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Encouraging to see new faces in leadership, diversification beyond government and an engaged CEO that can connect with staff on a personal level.

4. "Negative Experience"

Pros

Attract smart people to the staff

Cons

Terrible management. Only care about making money for themselves

5. "Part-time Interviewer"

I have been working at Impaq International part-time

Pros

Easy work. Good pay for part time job.

Cons

Lack of communication-often times the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Changed hours without informing employees (was told shifts could be longer than 4 hrs when started and then changed by 3rd month). High management turnover. Surveys are a bit redundant and repetitive causing customers to get frustrated. Often treat employees like children; not realizing many of us do this PART TIME.

Advice to Management

Train management. Provide better incentive to keep people there.Solicit feedback from your survey center workers- many of the people making the decisions are so far removed they only see work production and not the people who are making it happen. Instead of requiring 12 hours a week- make a monthly minimum of hours of availability.

6. "A good SECOND job"

I have been working at Impaq International part-time

Pros

The people in the survey center are great to work with. The schedules are flexible. The work isn't difficult. Its a positive atmosphere with room to grow. If you do well, supervisors and management take notice.

Cons

Management has changed frequently over the last few years. Communication is poor between management and interviewers. Upper management doesn't listen to interviewers concerns. They only hire part time.

Advice to Management

Listen to the interviewers. They know the day to day issues and have solutions to problems. They know the system they work with and can give useful feedback if given the chance.

7. "Flexible part time job, good pay"

Current Employee - Interviewer in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Interviewer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Impaq International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for a part-time job, flexible schedule, diverse staff. Most supervisors are decent. Manager is firm but fair, she really cares about us. Company is growing and changing.

Cons

You have to work weekends, but not every weekend. No decent public transportation. The survey is repetitive and annoying sometimes.

Advice to Management

Let us have our own headsets, and some bonuses would be nice

8. "i didnt make it past Training"

Pros

flexible schedule, convenient parking, right across from Columbia Mall

Cons

management is very condescending and does not treat people like adults. They are also very disrespectful when regarding the target audience.

Advice to Management

please ensure that the people in the training department are doing their best to exude what impaq actually holds as their core values. My experience did not show that at all.

"Interview Specialist"

Former Employee - Interview Specialist in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Interview Specialist in Columbia, MD

I worked at Impaq International part-time

Pros

You have the ability to create your own schedule.

Cons

Trainers and management do not speak to or respect you as an adult. Extremely unprofessional and unorganized.

Advice to Management

Management must understand people are employees second and adults first. A mutual respect must be established and maintained for a productive work environment.

"Just a Job"

Former Employee - IT in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - IT in Columbia, MD

Pros

It's in front of Columbia Mall so you can get some shopping done during lunch and commute wasn't so bad because it's out in the suburbs. Good place to make a paycheck while you are applying to something better.

Cons

This company is after every dollar out there. Education, Labor, Health etc, they just want to get and bid on whatever they can get some $$$ even if it's beyond the scope of the mission. CEO is clueless.

Advice to Management

You treat your employees like your doing them a favor by keeping them employed and that's why everyone leaves. It should be the other way around. It's because of your employees that you have a company.

Impaq International Response

Sep 29, 2016 – CEO

I am sorry IMPAQ was “just a job” for you. Our mission is to create enduring solutions to global problems through rigorous approaches and innovative thinking. The hard work of evaluating and... More